Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88924 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
"Re: Elemental RTD (turn 99:" Giant Hamster Ball. Fire version.)
« Reply #1395 on: October 09, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now then...

[ ] "Legion knows!" to SHAD0W, but I remind it to do so, with the targeting information. After merging my box into the deck, I greet the drake again, and ask why he grew up so fast? For physical, I check to see if my book has a rune of hostile magic resistance, rune of hostile magic deflection, or a rune of hostile magic absorbtion. If it does, do they allow the user to specify what's hostile on a case-by-case basis?

So if it's random limbs from random creatures, how are all of them holding weapons? Are there weapons falling below the mass from when non-grasping limbs were spawned with them? Do these weapons vanish?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 99: Super monkey ball. Fire edition.)
« Reply #1396 on: October 09, 2010, 08:37:26 pm »

I'm not quite sure why I feel anger, considering the tone of this game, Dragnar, but could you please not quote something I didn't post? It would have been no quote, or quoting what I did post but not reacting to it. (Memory Clarity: [5])
Hadn't thought about it. But yeah, I probably should have just quoted your action and then ignored it. The reason you didn't get an action this turn was because, unlike shadow, your last action knocked you out for exactly one turn, instead of you passing out for an unspecified time due to injury. Also because of the PM stuff replacing your usual turn.

Also combined with the comment that I chose when to pass out, with the insinuation possibility that I also chose when to wake up. Then compounded by the fact that it was a fine time to pass out, if I had to do so, since there wasn't anything I could have done to help the battle that round, nor was I being attacked.
All I meant was you passed out for a moment and awoke to find a whole lot had changed. You missed a lot in a short period of time.

Also, I wouldn't have given SHAD0W that joke ability if I had actually expected it to get used for something!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 09, 2010, 10:03:56 pm »

Neither of our actions involved injury; we both rolled a [6] on a semi-powerful spell and fell unconscious. Although I guess you did specify one turn, in a PM.

I seem to have failed my usual checking; both SHAD0Wdump and I failed to get experience that turn, then the experience completely petered out.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 09, 2010, 10:17:08 pm »

Neither of our actions involved injury; we both rolled a [6] on a semi-powerful spell and fell unconscious.
Really? Huh... oh well, too late to change anything.

As for the experience... oops. Fixed now, though I didn't add it to the turns... I don't like editing old stuff. You do have your exp though. It leveled Flintus up too.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 09, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »

I think I missed some other experience gains too...So it's no experience for [1] or [2], but what for [3]-[6]? I was sure you had written this down somewhere, but I am not Footkerchief.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 09, 2010, 10:35:39 pm »

I think I missed some other experience gains too...So it's no experience for [1] or [2], but what for [3]-[6]? I was sure you had written this down somewhere, but I am not Footkerchief.
1: 0
2: 0
3: 1
4: 2
5: 3
6: 2

Plus a point or two depending on various factors. Mainly the elemental artifacts and how awesome your results were.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 86: Backflips are bad for your health)
« Reply #1401 on: October 10, 2010, 12:56:14 am »

A dearth of awesome subtracts points...
 (Refraction Distraction.)
 From the last 18 turns before turn 97, I found 8 possible skill gains. In stats, I can't really tell what's been updated for the last 2-3 turns. Flint does not have the level mentioned though.

(Continued on other post.)
  Flerb. (That's what I, Nivm, say. Not either of the singers.) Reading it again, I think I need to build up more rhythm next time. I didn't think it needed to do so, but it does.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 10, 2010, 12:22:57 pm »

A dearth of awesome subtracts points... Nah.
 (Refraction Distraction.)
 From the last 18 turns before turn 97, I found 8 possible skill gains. In stats, I can't really tell what's been updated for the last 2-3 turns. Flint does not have the level mentioned though. Hmm? He is now... wait... oh, I upgraded the ability but didn't change the rank.

I've tried to stop giving out quite so many random skills. That would come up rarely enough that it would never reach very high level anyway.
He didn't really work any arcane magic, he just used the already enchanted object SHAD0W had given him.
Exp added.
Whoops...
Again: I don't want to give out too many narrow skills. A bonus to flight would be gained by upgrading the jetpack.
Fixing...
Right...
He's summoned that thing 3 times now. He even got a new skill out of it. No exp from summoning the same thing over and over.

(Continued on other post.)
  Flerb. (That's what I, Nivm, say. Not either of the singers.) Reading it again, I think I need to build up more rhythm next time. I didn't think it needed to do so, but it does.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 10, 2010, 03:39:41 pm »

I meant subtracting experience points from the base roll value, not from the skill. Like how I have 1 experience listed for my [5], when the roll list would say it's 3 experience.
 Thus summoning the cannon into a solid object wouldn't have had explosive and grievous consequences on a [1] or [6]?

You fear the stats page! Fear it! You fear it will become too powerful and swallow you whole!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 11, 2010, 02:26:59 pm »

Working on the turn now.

You fear the stats page! Fear it! You fear it will become too powerful and swallow you whole!
Quite you.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 11, 2010, 02:52:09 pm »

Its spelled quiet.

why did i post this.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:17:29 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 11, 2010, 03:20:10 pm »

Quite you.
Quite me, indeed.

Its spelled quiet.

why did i post this.
Quiet you.

(I'm inebriated on sleep exhaustion again.)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 11, 2010, 04:48:32 pm »

Quite you.
Quite me, indeed.
...SILENCE!!!
I'll update status in a sec.

Quote from: Flintus10
Abandon ship and fly on my cloud, also attempt to distract the chaos being.
[5+1] You fly around the thing at high speed, trying to confuse it. You aren't sure though, since it was just coated in a large black ball.

Quote from: Jervous
I...uh..cheer my dragon on, for a morale boost or something
[3] Your cheering is largely ignored.

Quote from: stonemt
bring forth a legion of shadow rats to scour this wretched world for this cowardly being who dare interrupt my plan
[2+2] You conjure shadow rats. They attack the thing that interrupted your plans. They burn.
dark magic exp.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I create a arcane shield around the... chaos thing. This one calibrated to reflect light within itself, but allow just about anything in.

Malak! Fire the cannon!
[5] You erect a barrier around the thing that will allow light in, but not out. The spell works perfectly as far as you can tell... which isn't very well, as the surface of the barrier is solid black.
arcane magic exp.

Quote from: Nivm
"Legion knows!" to SHAD0W, but I remind it to do so, with the targeting information. After merging my box into the deck, I greet the drake again, and ask why he grew up so fast? For physical, I check to see if my book has a rune of hostile magic resistance, rune of hostile magic deflection, or a rune of hostile magic absorbtion. If it does, do they allow the user to specify what's hostile on a case-by-case basis?
Legion fires on the thing, [5] scoring a direct hit through SHAD0W's shield. [1] You fail to find any of the runes you are looking for, and try conversing telepathically with the newly-grown dragon instead. "My growth? I surmise that it is a side-effect of the food from that grail. It had no immediate effect, but as soon as the battle began I become overwhelmingly hungry, and began to grow as fast as I could eat." Hmm, it also seems to have given the dragon much greater intelligence than it's kind usually possess.

Quote from: rolan7
Attempt to combust the shadow-plant network from this central location.  The source may be dead, but the city is still infested.  Besides, setting things on fire seems like a reasonable move for me.
[5] BURN! BURN! BURN!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You incinerate the entire network, replacing tendrils of shadow with tendrils of fire. Odd... it's starting to get hot inside this fireball.

Quote from: dermonster
Well, Ignoring that my teammate is now apparently a sentient fireball, Try to find my way back up top.
[3] You manage to follow the path left by the burnt roots back to the surface.

Quote from: chaos being
???
[1] Nothing seems to happen, and presumably the thing is being hit by Legion's laser repeatedly.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 11, 2010, 05:29:29 pm »

Well uh... Do we see if the being is properly microwaved? But with lasers?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 11, 2010, 05:35:11 pm »

Check on the townspeople i guess. The plants gone, so they should be recovering from whatever.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 111