Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88981 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 96: Fire at will!)
« Reply #1335 on: September 19, 2010, 08:51:26 am »

The new cannon for all intents and purposes now belongs to Nivm/Malak/Legion.

I watch the pirate ship attentively, if I see anything lunge out of it I throw up an arcane shield to block it.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 19, 2010, 09:33:37 am »

(Can my earth magic affect metal?)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 19, 2010, 10:13:22 am »

(Can my earth magic affect metal?)
Yes.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 19, 2010, 11:26:01 am »

...well... that sucks?
retreat and attempt to divine the source of these...things.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 19, 2010, 10:31:03 pm »

Investigate the building from which sounds of fighting are emanating.

Kinda busy, sorry.  I don't think I need automation yet though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 20, 2010, 03:52:39 am »

Lightning bolts towards whatever is moving inside the pirate ship.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 20, 2010, 02:59:41 pm »

Go feed my drake instead of firing the cannons
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:35:23 pm by Jervous »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 20, 2010, 03:22:50 pm »

There are quite a lot of things available to forget, and it feels to me too that there is something missing. Although this is probably mostly because all enemies/puzzles in sight are not really seen or understood, and the player actions get less pointed because of it. (Continued at end.)

[ ] Thinking aloud (ha!) to everyone on the ship "Wait...the cannon balls haven't gone all the way through that dark void in the pirate ship once have they?" Offering mental pictures to everyone of the effects of our efforts. I pause contemplatively (and privately) for a moment, then "Heck. Heck, heckheckheckheck! Ceasefire cannons! Prepare for evasive maneuvers! Legion, execute evasive orbit! We're gonna have return fire, with liberal interest." However, Legion still fires the laser cannon.
 I telekinetically dangle that intensely cursed anti-magic ring near, or if possible, in the enemy ship, hoping it messes with them.
 To Flint "Remember the monocle!"
 To Leech "Master Smith, it appears your drake is hungry, and telepathic. This would be a good moment to take care of it." Then to Leech and his drake; the path they must take to reach the kitchen. (If there isn't a fridge with meat, perhaps try the grail again?) (Predit: It still fits. It must!)
 To Tharic "You do realize you were supposed to be at least helping load the cannons, right?"

I'm sorry I talk so much. It's kinda my reaction to that "something missing" feeling, and the "I am a leader!" feeling.

Finally, why can't we hear the angels on SHAD0Wdump's chariot singing their lungs out about how awesome this is?... Did they really stop when I asked?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 20, 2010, 03:38:14 pm »

Finally, why can't we hear the angels on SHAD0Wdump's chariot singing their lungs out about how awesome this is?... Did they really stop when I asked?
I'm no poet. They're there... just make something up for them to sing.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 20, 2010, 06:44:04 pm »

About the Ice tiger: I kept giving it orders to attack back during the mage fi- And just now I realized that he had that diplomatic thing.

He wasn't following any orders so i assumed he disappeared somewhere along the line.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 23, 2010, 10:15:41 am »

No turn just yet. I is sick...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 23, 2010, 10:57:46 am »

No turn just yet. I is sick...
Boo... O(

Get better.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 26, 2010, 12:21:49 pm »

So, do I have everybody's actions?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 26, 2010, 03:43:58 pm »

I guess my action's in; so is everyone else's. I have failed so hard, I guess I'll be using the next turn too now.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 03:45:53 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 27, 2010, 09:19:58 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Lightning bolts towards whatever is moving inside the pirate ship.
[6] You send a HUGE bolt of electricity at the pirate ship. It literally disintegrates over half the hull... but doesn't come out the other side. Nothing is visible now except a solid ship-shaped blob of darkness... your bolt also does a good deal of damage to Legion, everyone on board being stunned by the blast.
air magic(25/32)

Quote from: Jervous
Go feed my drake instead of firing the cannons
[2] You feed your drake... by which I mean it bites you. It wants meat, not more of the stuff from the grail. (yes, the ship has a kitchen, but the rolls say you didn't think of that.)

Quote from: stonemt
retreat and attempt to divine the source of these...things.
[4] You escape the building and attempt to sense the creature's origin. You cannot sense them... but using that fact you are able to track the nothingness down to a source deep below the town. Tendrils of the things extend from one point to everywhere in the city.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
The new cannon for all intents and purposes now belongs to Nivm/Malak/Legion.

I watch the pirate ship attentively, if I see anything lunge out of it I throw up an arcane shield to block it.
[1-1] You ready yourself to defend but your concentration is ruined by a massive pulse of magic and electricity, and you are left totally unprepared for what comes next.

Quote from: Nivm
Ceasefire cannons! Prepare for evasive maneuvers! Legion, execute evasive orbit! We're gonna have return fire, with liberal interest." However, Legion still fires the laser cannon.
I telekinetically dangle that intensely cursed anti-magic ring near, or if possible, in the enemy ship, hoping it messes with them.
[6-1] You and Legion are able to recover quickly enough from Flint's blast to get to work. Legion begins moving, trying to get out of the way of whatever is coming, while you move your cursed ring over to the enemy ship.
Legion also fires the new laser cannon at the enemy ship, but while it DOES pierce through, unlike the previous attacks, the hole closes up instantly.

Quote from: rolan7
Investigate the building from which sounds of fighting are emanating.
[1] The demon charges out of the building and knocks you over. Ouch.

Quote from: dermonster
With my back to the wall, circle around the thing, searching for another passageway.
[4] There are no other passageways, but as you circle around you do notice a lone figure kneeling beside the thing in the middle of the chamber. He seems to be attached to it somehow, several tendrils leading from him to it.

Quote from: demon pirate ship
Threat: Minimal
Responce: Overwhelming force(no, it doesn't take chances.)
As Malak's ring approaches the ship it quivers slightly, and for a moment it seems to be bending out of the way of the cursed object... Then the darkness surges forward, shattering the ring and destroying it's enchantment in an instant. The remaining splinters of wood on the ship fall off as the entire thing begins to change form. It moves in every direction at once, stretching until, with a slight popping noise, the bubble of darkness shatters into hundreds of fully armed battleships. In the center of the fleet, visible only on Malak's HUD, is a chair composed of pure darkness. On the chair sits a being that is very clearly not human, pointing straight at you all.

(Note: I'm planning for this game to have an actual ending once the two current plots are wrapped up, so be ready for the soon-to-come endgame! I will be a lot less nice about keeping everyone alive after that... and unfortunately that does mean everyone on the waiting list probably won't get in.)
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 111