Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88862 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 93: Darn trap doors.)
« Reply #1290 on: August 30, 2010, 03:09:57 pm »

I try to remember enough about enchanting to empower the cannonballs with fire.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:35:51 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 30, 2010, 03:20:20 pm »

"Hey, Captain guy, you got a FORGE in here??"

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 30, 2010, 03:30:42 pm »

"Hey, Captain guy, you got a FORGE in here??"
"I might be able to make one with my magic material, I'm not sure yet how it reacts to high temperatures however..."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 30, 2010, 04:30:30 pm »

"Hear my words, agents of infernal justice!
Recognize me, your sovereign, Luki the Pyromancer!
I wield the Orb of Fire, taken from Abaddon's steaming corpse.
I have harnessed its power, and its flames answer my call.
Identify this dark sickness in my lands, that I may illuminate it with my blazing fury!"

Use my five.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 31, 2010, 12:25:58 am »

pick a random one to explore and enter as cautiously as possible

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 31, 2010, 02:30:49 am »

Join up with the airship and prepare for battle.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:32 am »

[ ] To Leech "I may not have a forge, but didn't you hear what I said; I am a Purveyor of Polymorph! I can preform the same reactions, in the iron stove we have if need be." And simultaneously to SHAD0Wdump "You said you are a scroll scribe, didn't you? I think I have a task you might help me with; could you write a summoning scroll, using the theories in these books", I hand him Transmutations Using Alternate Physics and Locating Dimensional Instabilities, "that would target the title creature in this piece", I hand him Jabberwocky, "for use in a ritual. Not now of course, but however strange this might be, it is very important to me." And simultaneously to Flint (since I noticed him in my window) "Finally done in the city? Right, just remember how powerful your magic can be."
 "And SHAD0Wdump, I also heavily recommend you don't practice fire while on my ship." In response to that stray mental image of fire flicking from his fingertips right in my cannon ball and gunpowder store.
 My main action will await replies.

The ship rolled a [2] on travel and attack?
Spoiler: Remember that book. (click to show/hide)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 31, 2010, 09:32:55 am »

"Can you make me a forge?! I need to forge!!! I will make you the strongest greatest cannonballs in the lands!!"

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 31, 2010, 09:41:22 am »

SHAD0Wdump "You said you are a scroll scribe, didn't you? I think I have a task you might help me with; could you write a summoning scroll, using the theories in these books", I hand him Transmutations Using Alternate Physics and Locating Dimensional Instabilities, "that would target the title creature in this piece", I hand him Jabberwocky, "for use in a ritual. Not now of course, but however strange this might be, it is very important to me."
I begin analyzing the objects I am given, then attempt to indeed create that scroll Nivm speaks of. Hopefully with the ability to bind the will of this beast to the user.(he's crazy)

"Might I warn you Malak, that controlling whatever beast you seek to summon should be of priority if this scroll works, I am unsure if my book of summoning would allow this."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:51:54 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 31, 2010, 09:46:54 am »

And here I was expecting you would turn down polymorphic smelting because you just wanted a warm place for your drake to grow.

[ ] "Hm, I could probably use a few of the cannon balls to turn the stove into a forge, but you'd need to work at incredible speed." Looks at the approaching massive ship pointedly. (Predit:) Then to SHAD0Wdump "I don't want it bound to my will, I need it as an antagonistic ritual component...along with the poem itself."
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 31, 2010, 09:53:44 am »

"I don't want it bound to my will, I need it as an antagonistic ritual component...along with the poem itself."
"I'd dare say you are crazy, but very well..."

"I'd also like to implement one of my orbital cannons into the hull of this ship, it should make for a powerful weapon indeed."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 31, 2010, 09:57:08 am »

Right at crazy, "thank you." To the second, "I'm not sure about merging it with the hull, not yet, but if you can summon such a weapon, now is the time to do so."

Edit: Finally my action.
 [ ] I use the scraps of the cannon balls I broke to upgrade the stove into a furnace (allow use as either), and fill said furnace with molten cannon ball (no more than 20%) of the stores. (And at the post below,) "Let's see what you can do, Smith."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:06:40 am by Nivm »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 31, 2010, 09:59:41 am »

Then to SHAD0Wdump "I don't want it bound to my will, I need it as an antagonistic ritual component...along with the poem itself."
...I think I know what you're trying to do. And I hope it works.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 31, 2010, 10:01:53 am »

"I am the greatest blacksmith ever! Of course I can craft fast!"

(oops, didn't see your edit.)

Edit: I begin forging Cannonballs in the forge.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:12:39 pm by Jervous »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 94: Not much happens.)
« Reply #1304 on: September 06, 2010, 10:51:05 am »

Quote from: Flintus10
Join up with the airship and prepare for battle.
[5] You meet up with the others and ready yourself to attack the other ship.
(+1 to aim next attack)

Quote from: Jervous
I begin forging Cannonballs in the forge.
[1] You create some shoddy cannonballs. You don't think they could even survive being fired.

Quote from: stonemt
pick a random one to explore and enter as cautiously as possible
[6]You see an opening in the side of one of the buildings and fly through, screaming loudly. Your first discovery is that there is no floor in here. Your second is that a number of black tendrils are reaching toward you from the walls.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I begin analyzing the objects I am given, then attempt to indeed create that scroll Nivm speaks of.
[1] You botch your attempts and almost end up summoning something else from the poem, but you quickly tear up the flawed scroll before the effect is complete.

Quote from: Nivm
I use the scraps of the cannon balls I broke to upgrade the stove into a furnace (allow use as either), and fill said furnace with molten cannon ball (no more than 20%) of the stores.
[2+1] You modify the stove into a forge, but it's not very stable. It'll probably fall apart in a couple turns.

Quote from: rolan7
"Hear my words, agents of infernal justice!
Recognize me, your sovereign, Luki the Pyromancer!
I wield the Orb of Fire, taken from Abaddon's steaming corpse.
I have harnessed its power, and its flames answer my call.
Identify this dark sickness in my lands, that I may illuminate it with my blazing fury!"
[5] The imps aren't overly impressed with your claim, but they do answer you. "Eh, it's some sort of plant. Impressive one though, looks like it mind-controls people into ignoring it. Stick around a couple days and you'll forget all about it too."
And then a demon of some sort crashes into the building next to you. Huh.

Quote from: dermonster
Adjust eyes to darkness. Test air for Humidity.
[2] Your eyes slowly adjust, and you can make out the floor around you, but no more. The air is dry, even more so than the rest of the plane.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 111