Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88885 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 92: Schrodinger's plane)
« Reply #1275 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:38 am »

Quick note: I'll be starting a new forum game soon, also based on magic mainly, but not an RTD. More complex magical rules than that.
Spoiler: rules (click to show/hide)
So, anyone interested?

I'm interested
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 27, 2010, 07:47:23 am »

well then... a more concentrated scan of the blocked area define the edges as well because that makes puzzles easier

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 27, 2010, 11:03:08 am »

Realize that I was still on the chariot, examine my surroundings.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 27, 2010, 03:46:57 pm »

The forum game I mentioned is up. Signups are open for whoever wants in.

And Rolan:
Team Sauce
Missing Vert's action.  I need to get back to an IRC RP asap anyway (blame it for my recent hiatuses if you would).
Ya gonna finish this anytime soon? You can't finish half a turn and then be lazy!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 45: JetSquirrel's luck stinks)
« Reply #1279 on: August 27, 2010, 07:29:42 pm »

Spoiler: I pick this nit. (click to show/hide)
Can my status section reach critical mass?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 27, 2010, 07:43:07 pm »

Spoiler: I pick this nit. (click to show/hide)
Can my status section reach critical mass?
Yes, yes it can. I think it might already have surpassed that though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 27, 2010, 09:13:37 pm »

Hmm; does this mean I'll soon gain the ability/curse to put skills in boxes and train levels in Lightning Repelling Amulet?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 27, 2010, 11:11:59 pm »

Sorry, I was moving.

Go inside the building and ask the head honcho about the tentacles.

I figure he would know the most, or at all.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 28, 2010, 05:17:39 am »

Change my action to summon my cloud and head for Nivm's ship

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 29, 2010, 07:22:55 pm »

Still need SHAD0W's action. Conversing with Nivm doesn't take a turn.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 29, 2010, 07:32:42 pm »

Still need SHAD0W's action. Conversing with Nivm doesn't take a turn.
And landing doesn't... No that makes sense...

Find a room in Legion to call my own?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 30, 2010, 02:09:49 am »

You know, since we are about to be in battle conditions, ones that involve explosions and large hunks of metal flying everywhere at ballistic speeds, you should probably do something a bit more...fitting? (Sorry I didn't use an PM reminder, I had a bit of a dip in my health and forgot many things.)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 30, 2010, 02:20:39 am »

You know, since we are about to be in battle conditions, ones that involve explosions and large hunks of metal flying everywhere at ballistic speeds, you should probably do something a bit more...fitting? (Sorry I didn't use an PM reminder, I had a bit of a dip in my health and forgot many things.)
I'll act accordingly when we are actually in the battle situation, as it stands I have no idea what to do.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 93: Darn trap doors.)
« Reply #1288 on: August 30, 2010, 02:54:53 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Change my action to summon my cloud and head for Nivm's ship
[3+1] You give up your search of the seemingly abandoned mansion and fly up toward the source of Malak's message. Your cloud is a good deal faster than his ship, and you should be able to join in the battle by next turn.

Quote from: Jervous
Realize that I was still on the chariot, examine my surroundings.
[5] Of course you were. You hopped back in at the last second before SHAD0W took off... and some avoided notice. Anyway, you are now onboard Legion.

Quote from: stonemt
a more concentrated scan of the blocked area define the edges as well because that makes puzzles easier
[3] You can sense everything perfectly except for the insides of the stone buildings making up half the city. It's as if they simply didn't exist.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Find a room in Legion to call my own.
[2] You notice Leech somehow stowed away on your chariot and instead spend your time yelling at him.

Quote from: Nivm
I will make a few cannon balls hollow with enough space to fit Erreti.
[1+1] You try to alter the cannonballs, but the task turns out to be more complex than expected. All the cannonballs you try to alter become too weak, your magic breaking apart the fragile bonds that hold them together.

Quote from: rolan7
Summon Law-Imps.
[5] ...You summon law-imps. You somehow manage to use your artifact to call forth three imps from elsewhere in the plane, deep below the magma sea. They specialize in demonic contracts, and in fact they instantly offer you great power if you are willing to sign on the dotted line...

Quote from: dermonster
Go inside the building and ask the head honcho about the tentacles.
[6] You walk inside and attempt to ask the mayor about the beings you saw on the other side of town. When you confront him he merely smiles at you, acting as if you had yet to speak... and then the floor vanishes out from under you. You fall for several seconds before landing in a pitch-black room, with no light visible in any direction.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 93: Darn trap doors.)
« Reply #1289 on: August 30, 2010, 02:56:55 pm »

Adjust eyes to darkness. Test air for Humidity.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 111