Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88839 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 91: heads up!)
« Reply #1260 on: August 25, 2010, 12:09:26 am »

I had hoped for other suggestions?.. One per person?
I'd say the giant monster getting impaled on a spear of stone was the best part of that fight. RTDs are a rather difficult thing to visualize, seeing as everything is in a state of flux until observed, and even then details may change at anytime.

No I am not putting the update off due to chronic lazy, why would you even think that?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 91: heads up!)
« Reply #1261 on: August 25, 2010, 02:13:16 am »

I take some force out of the words I put in the acronym tag; the lighting and magma ocean shore are turning out to be the hardest parts. There are no real life references for what happens when you have waves and tides of molten rock; each one is going to leave a mark on the stone: either removing some, leaving an indentation; adding some, leaving a protrusion; or distorting some, leaving random lines. It's like Concave and Convex except natural, messy, and...the lighting. The only way I can give the molten rock its glow is by making everything else darker, especially since volcanic rock is usually black. The problem is I can't give most things the detail they need that way, like the tower's stairs.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 92: Schrodinger's plane)
« Reply #1262 on: August 26, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Investigate the sites of the activity and see if I can find out what happened here.
[2] You can't seem to find anything else. All you can see is that the inhabitants seem to have simply dropped what they were doing and left.

Quote from: Jervous
Test the liquid a bit on myself to make sure it's safe if it is then give it to my dragon.
[2] You drink a bit of the strange liquid, but it doesn't seem to have any immediate side effects. Seeing no danger, you feed the rest to your drake. It seems to no longer be hungry.

Quote from: stonemt
scan the shadows of the city for things/places/people of interest
[3] The city seems pretty ordinary... on the outside. You cannot sense anything at all from inside the uniform gray buildings that make up half the city, meaning something is blocking your search.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I fly the chariot to the portal and enter the wind plane.(it is wind plane right?)
[5] You fly through the portal and even manage to locate Malak through the power of META.

Quote from: Nivm
I poke the glass a couple times to see if I can increase the range by 10x (since 100 meters is still within visual range) and limit it to threatening objects. "Oh, Legion, Theric, I thought you aught to know we're going pirate hunting. Also, start slowing the ship out of warp now so we don't go splat." Then, testing my range (or OOC reading), I ask Flint "Wanna' go pirate hunting?"
(Fear the powers of the dice! There was nothing here before you decided to search the place.)
[4] You manage to zoom the display out after a bit of fiddling. This also reduces the level of detail displayed greatly, making the display much more manageable. As you do this you notice something on the edge of the radar.    It appears to be a large ship. And by "large", I mean Legion looks small comparatively.
Flint still doesn't respond to your messages, but you can faintly contact his mind even from this distance.

Quote from: rolan7
"With the power vested in me as the sovereign representative of the Plane of Fire --
--Known for its cleansing flame and non-planar configuration--
I demand the immediate identification of this contamination now!"
I am insulted you think I wouldn't see the reference without a link... but that has nothing to do with your roll, I promise. You failed without my aid.
[1] You attempt to lawyer the darkness into identifying itself. The darkness wills that your laws do not apply to it. "Bink!" And it was so. Besides, you have no lawninja.

Quote from: dermonster
Politely ask a passerby directions to their equivalent of a town hall.
The place their mayor or such hangs out.
[6] You locate the town hall. You do this by yelling at random people, demanding to be taken to their leader. Eventually someone points you in the right direction just to shut you up.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:53:36 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 26, 2010, 07:11:11 pm »

Land on Legion... Somewhere...
 Introduce myself?

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 26, 2010, 07:11:47 pm »

Spose I will react to the faint message I can hear in my mind untill it is loud enough that I can hear Nivm.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:18:58 am by Flintus10 »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 26, 2010, 10:22:16 pm »

Quick note: I'll be starting a new forum game soon, also based on magic mainly, but not an RTD. More complex magical rules than that.
Spoiler: rules (click to show/hide)
So, anyone interested?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 26, 2010, 10:24:23 pm »

I am insulted you think I wouldn't see the reference without a link... but that has nothing to do with your roll, I promise. You failed without my aid.
[1] You attempt to lawyer the darkness into identifying itself. The darkness wills that your laws do not apply to it. "Bink!" And it was so. Besides, you have no lawninja.

And yet you didn't recognize the orphan... and no worries, it's about time I got a low roll!

Summon Law-Imps.

Fakeedit:
Quick note: I'll be starting a new forum game soon, also based on magic mainly, but not an RTD. More complex magical rules than that.
So, anyone interested?
Very busy tonight but yes, I am interested.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 26, 2010, 10:37:48 pm »

So, anyone interested?
Depends... Am I my own character, or are the players driving a single character?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 26, 2010, 10:39:46 pm »

And yet you didn't recognize the orphan...
Yes I did... I think. There's only one person I can think of who could survive such a tragedy... again.

I'm going after him(well, her now...) because he has seen the dread lattice of black magic, and I want to collect more evil. Also, as I said, this world is invincible while he lives. And his death might destroy the universe in paradox, but that's just a bonus!

Depends... Am I my own character, or are the players driving a single character?
Everyone gets their own character. I'm thinking about handling parts of the game through PM so that the players can keep their spells secret from each other.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 26, 2010, 10:44:21 pm »

Everyone gets their own character. I'm thinking about handling parts of the game through PM so that the players can keep their spells secret from each other.
Totally in then. And PMing spell formulas and whatnot sounds like a good plan.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 26, 2010, 11:47:31 pm »

I am certainly up for such a forum game, with magic in the form of magic and mystery. "And I'll pull these fate strings twixt."

(Fear the powers of the dice! There was nothing here before you decided to search the place.)
Then your memory is getting worse; something had to destroy that village at the plane's entry! =⌡

[ ] I hail the newcomer using telepathy, and use the windows to see if he's marked as an enemy, ally, or neutral. I introduce myself with "My Name is Malak: I am Captain of the Living Ship, Legion; expert Purveyor of Polymorph; and▬ who the blazes are you and what business do you with me? And tell those holy pigeons to stop making that holy racket!" I will shake hands when applicable. With my metaphysical action I will make a few cannon balls hollow with enough space to fit Erreti.

I fly the chariot to the portal and enter the wind plane.(it is wind plane right?)
[5] You fly through the portal and even manage to locate Loki through the power of META.
Don't you mean locate Malak? Or locate Flint? Loki is Rolan's character.

On Erreti's "regeneration", isn't that the exact same thing all players usually get (but Shadow stopping getting for his broken leg)?

Spoiler: Reference (click to show/hide)
I only have one guess as to what this is about, and I think it's wrong. Care to enlighten me?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 26, 2010, 11:53:16 pm »

Then your memory is getting worse; something had to destroy that village at the plane's entry! =⌡
Yes, but it's location was undecided until just now.

[5] You fly through the portal and even manage to locate Loki through the power of META.
*facepalm*

On Erreti's "regeneration", isn't that the exact same thing all players usually get (but Shadow stopping getting for his broken leg)?
Hmm... yeah, that's not very clear. Erreti gets two healing rolls. The regeneration is extra. Also, broken limbs don't heal without magical aid... though I'll bet I've broken that rule at some point.

Spoiler: Reference (click to show/hide)
I only have one guess as to what this is about, and I think it's wrong. Care to enlighten me?
Rolan's RTD. I'm Black Mage. I casts the spells that make the peoples fall down!!!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 27, 2010, 12:13:30 am »

[ ] I hail the newcomer using telepathy, and use the windows to see if he's marked as an enemy, ally, or neutral. I introduce myself with "My Name is Malak: I am Captain of the Living Ship, Legion; expert Purveyor of Polymorph; and▬ who the blazes are you and what business do you with me? And tell those holy pigeons to stop making that holy racket!" I will shake hands when applicable. With my metaphysical action I will make a few cannon balls hollow with enough space to fit Erreti.
"Ooh, you're a telepath among other facinating things. Impressive.
 I am SHAD0Wdump, scroll scribe and arcane magician. I... (brace for bullshit!) Came here after noticing a faint telepathic message promising pirate hunting. I am interested in joining you in this venture."
 Shakes hands with Malak.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:18:25 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 27, 2010, 12:45:44 am »

+[ ] "Welcome aboard! Do you see that colossal ship in the distance? No? We're going after that." Theric prepares himself, and Legion hurtles towards an orbital pattern around Dreadbeard's ship, then starts using the window information to fire.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 27, 2010, 03:33:25 am »

*facepalm*

It's Luki!  MY NAME IS LUKI!
(Not actually upset whatsoever.  It comes up so rarely)

Your Dr. Mcninja guess made me spit-take.  And I wasn't drinking anything.  Good comic, but wrong guess.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 111