Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88821 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 91: heads up!)
« Reply #1245 on: August 21, 2010, 08:56:28 pm »

Your laser isn't THAT huge. You'll need a more specific target.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 21, 2010, 09:03:53 pm »

Do I?

I get into the chariot, fly to the spot where my orbital cannon is, and upgrade it.
(See post below)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:52:25 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 21, 2010, 10:16:11 pm »

Investigate the sites of the activity and see if I can find out what happened here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 21, 2010, 11:08:06 pm »

"With the power vested in me as the sovereign representative of the Plane of Fire --
--Known for its cleansing flame and non-planar configuration--
I demand the immediate identification of this contamination now!"

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2004/03/13/episode-394-give-a-hoot/
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 22, 2010, 12:05:36 am »

Politely ask a passerby directions to their equivalent of a town hall.
The place their mayor or such hangs out.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 22, 2010, 12:19:17 am »

scan the shadows of the city for things/places/people of interest

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 22, 2010, 10:58:44 am »

Hmmm..unknown liquid or allies..allies or liquid allies or liquid...

Bah, even though I got pushed into a cupholder I still don't want to hurt anyone<3

Test the liquid a bit on myself to make sure it's safe if it is then give it to my dragon.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:06:15 pm by Jervous »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 22, 2010, 05:43:32 pm »

I am last.
 Dermonster got a great [1], it makes the situation more interesting than the other ones.
 Jervous, do that thing I do way too much and put an "If...then..." into your action for the dragon.

[ ] I poke the glass a couple times to see if I can increase the range by 10x (since 100 meters is still within visual range) and limit it to threatening objects. "Oh, Legion, Theric, I thought you aught to know we're going pirate hunting. Also, start slowing the ship out of warp now so we don't go splat." Then, testing my range (or OOC reading), I ask Flint "Wanna' go pirate hunting?"

Dragnar, didn't you mean the top of the column? I didn't think the air plane had a limit, or if it did we would need to go to warp to reach it...*Adds action.* Edit: Also, what skill did that action go under?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:47:12 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 22, 2010, 05:51:56 pm »

"Wanna' go pirate hunting?"
Fook dis, I wanna go pirate hunting! D:

And who cares if it's meta, I was probably going to screw things up royally by laying siege on the city.

I fly the chariot to the portal and enter the wind plane.(it is wind plane right?)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 22, 2010, 05:55:58 pm »

=]  Yes, the Air plane anyway. Also, I noticed, quite by chance, that Dragnar's mysterious list was explained on the second turn.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 22, 2010, 06:13:35 pm »

Dragnar, didn't you mean the top of the column? I didn't think the air plane had a limit, or if it did we would need to go to warp to reach it...*Adds action.* Edit: Also, what skill did that action go under?
No, the top of the column is the top of the plane. It's infinite in other directions, but has finite height. Think of the plane of air as two infinite slabs of stone(more like adamantine or something. It's indestructible.) connected by pillars of a softer rock.

And you should have gained some polymorphing skill from that, I just forgot about it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 22, 2010, 06:15:11 pm »

Think of the plane of air as two infinite slabs of stone(more like adamantine or something. It's indestructible.) connected by pillars of a softer rock.
You just keep coming up with these crazy locations.
 We need an illustrator in here.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 23, 2010, 01:43:51 am »

One piece of college rule paper, one extremely sharp pencil, and one functioning scanner. I have these things, and can use them decently. What should I draw, besides this tower near the lake?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 23, 2010, 12:38:55 pm »

The Hydra battle.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 24, 2010, 11:59:49 pm »

I had hoped for other suggestions?.. One per person?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 111