Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88784 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 88: You would, but you are stuck in a cup holder.)
« Reply #1215 on: August 12, 2010, 11:07:03 am »

Ok then...

I use my X-ray laser vision to see through the walls!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 89: wrong type of laser...)
« Reply #1216 on: August 14, 2010, 12:01:17 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
And I will do the usual thing and call a massive lightning bolt down to distract the guards and then slip past them.
[3+1][2] You try to distract the guards with a lightning bolt , causing them to glance behind themselves for an instant. In that brief opening you use your ring of stealth and quickly climb over the gate. You are now in the Lord's front yard. Suddenly a strange elemental flies down to you and tries to get you to head to Nivm's ship.

Quote from: Jervous
Find my way out and such
[3] After several uneventful minutes of searching you find your way out of the cupholder.

Quote from: stonemt
load up and head out out. going to the fire plane
[2] You reach the fire plane without any trouble, but bringing your castle along will be a bit more difficult.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I use my laser vision to see through the walls!
[6] You use your lasers to burn through the walls. As the wall begins to crumble black tendrils begin to appear from the cracks, slowly spreading outward from the hole.

Quote from: Nivm
I polymorph my tongue and vocal chords so I can say two different things at the same time. I don't want it to be noticeable until I speak, and not even then if I'm careful. I then get antsy and go find Flint.
Erreti makes sure he's on the ship. The ship goes out of town and up the column.
[5+1]You alter your voice in such a way that you can say two different things at once. This effect works by *insert technobabble here*(I don't know much about how sound works, so just assume your explanation is correct). After making sure Erreti is onboard you command the ship to set out, rising up the column the city is carved into.

Quote from: rolan7
Jetpack my way to the top of one of the buildings.  Look around for entrances up there, or any signs of people in this city.
[5] You head to the roof of the nearest building and take a look around. There don't seem to be any entrances up here either, but if does look like the city is separated into two parts. The one you are in is full of dark featureless buildings, while you think you can see signs of movement and normal habitation on the other side.

Quote from: dermonster
Move to a distance from the egg so as to be in a position that i might be able to comfortably view what comes out of the egg, whilst being far enough away that if a threat surfaces, I would be far enough away for it to not target me.
[6] You flee in terror, running as far away from the egg as you can. Only after you have traveled several blocks do you realize it's just an egg, not the end of the world.

Quote from: egg
hatch!
The egg shatters, and a small(roughly house cat size) fire drake tumbles out. It looks around for a moment before staring at Leech and his wolf, the only ones still in the chariot, and begins making chirping noises.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:34:29 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 14, 2010, 12:09:52 pm »

I head towards the Inhabited side of the city. See if i can gather info about the general state of the city, assuming there are people there.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 14, 2010, 01:19:07 pm »

Spoiler: PRetcon (click to show/hide)

[ ] I check on what Tharic has been up to, then go to the observation deck chair and research a rune of long-range scanning (trying to learn it like before). If I accidentally cast it, target the windows of the room. When done, I ask the ship to find out just how fast it can go and "Have you decided on a name? Or a way to get one?".
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 11:55:21 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 14, 2010, 01:22:04 pm »

Arg, complete and utter failure! Regardless of what my rolls say. One, my change in voice is useless me to unless actually vocal. Two, I crossed out the part about Flint in my quote, and intended for Erreti to get on the ship so he wouldn't be left behind (I used "he" on automatic, however wrong). Three, I wanted my ship to use its own separate action to start flying up the tower. Argh! I'll salvage it somehow.
Ah, whoops. I can change that since it's not what you meant. I'm still not clear on the voice thing though. How could someone even understand you saying two things at once if one of them wasn't magical in some way?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 14, 2010, 01:28:06 pm »

A permanent division of the vocal chords and tongue and a temporary partition of the mouth would be a start. Setting each voice at a different pitch, like you can do with singers, will allow both voices to be heard. The remaining clarity can be gleaned by further modulating the sounds to match each other... Like a better madrigal.
 I'd be glad if you could retcon it.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 14, 2010, 01:34:40 pm »

Retcon complete!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 14, 2010, 01:43:40 pm »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 14, 2010, 02:15:37 pm »

Gun is almost fully charged... must find something to shoot!
Check on Ex-Captain ShadowDump.  If necessary applicable possible, shoot stuff with fire!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 14, 2010, 03:07:33 pm »

Use some of that taming magicks on the cute baby drake to make sure it won't bite my hand off, and instead call me MAMA

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 14, 2010, 04:56:37 pm »

Uh...

Uh...

"Sorry for breaking your wall tendrils of black energy?"

Yeah, that's my action, I don't know what else to do...

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 15, 2010, 10:13:28 am »

try all available methods of geting my castle here
i mean comeon i teleport and shadow walk i could try having it reform into a long tube shape and bring it through the portal i could try just putting in a shadow and not taking it out until i was in the fire land... and i am sure there are more ways of doing this but thats all i can think of right now.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 15, 2010, 10:25:57 am »

Sorta like my orbital cannon summon spell?

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 15, 2010, 10:45:32 am »

not realy... more like draging it by the ear...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 15, 2010, 11:26:38 am »

try all available methods of geting my castle here
i mean comeon i teleport and shadow walk i could try having it reform into a long tube shape and bring it through the portal i could try just putting in a shadow and not taking it out until i was in the fire land... and i am sure there are more ways of doing this but thats all i can think of right now.
Oh sure, you can do it easy. Problem is you rolled too low to get it done in the same turn as your movement to a new plane.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 111