Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88904 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 86: Backflips are bad for your health)
« Reply #1185 on: August 03, 2010, 10:03:23 pm »

I mourn the loss of a title update. Those are one of the best things about this RTD.
Whoops, I never updated the statuses... one sec.

Edit: done.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:15:39 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 87: leech's chariot)
« Reply #1186 on: August 04, 2010, 03:35:40 am »

Spoiler:  [= (click to show/hide)
There must be some picture out there that adequately describes The RTD. Somewhere.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 04, 2010, 07:36:08 pm »

Search out whoever is in charge of this city.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 04, 2010, 10:49:21 pm »

[pm...] how does a liquid being get a tough skin? I imagined the effect similar to what happens when you're using a really potent water walking spell; a small wave hits you like a brick wall, and a large wave like a steamroller. The goal was to allow Erreti to ignore things like people walking on it, but still move normally.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 04, 2010, 11:26:23 pm »

Hmm... tough skin is probably not the right phrase. "Thick membrane" would be better. Either way, Erreti is now more difficult to harm due to a stronger outer layer of some sort.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 04, 2010, 11:47:27 pm »

In the almighty words of my old biology professor, ↑↑↑ surface tension!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 06, 2010, 10:22:03 am »

Well, I was planning on updating today, but it looks like it will be a while. I'll be online, but I'm not in any condition to do any writing.(I just got out of some extremely minor surgery, and while it was little more than a single cut, the medicine I'm taking is gonna leave me really tired.)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 06, 2010, 10:27:07 am »

I'm glad it was minor, but take it easy!  We understand!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 08, 2010, 02:53:37 pm »

Well, I'm perfectly fine today... but my sister is having friends over. Whether the update is today or tomorrow depends entirely on how annoying they are this time.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 88: You would, but you are stuck in a cup holder.)
« Reply #1194 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:46 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Search out whoever is in charge of this city.
[3] You have little trouble finding the local lord's residence... but getting in might be a bit more difficult. There are a number of armed guards outside who aren't going to let some random person just waltz on in without explanation.

Quote from: Jervous
Search around the town
[4] You would, but you are stuck in a cup holder. Looks like there's plenty of other stuff in here though! [4] It's mostly junk, but you do find a cup of some sort. Seems holy. Then again, everything in here is, it seems even the trash of the gods is holy.

Quote from: stonemt
use the beacon pebble
[4] While you aren't quite sure how the pebble SHAD0W gave you works, you manage to discern enough about it''s workings to track all but one of the other pebbles to the plane of fire. The last is in the plane of air.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I stuff Leech in the Nth dimensional cup holder and lock it.
"So the chariot is yours eh? Well welcome to your new home!"
[5] You somehow manage to get Leech in the cup holder without injuring yourself on his armor. It doesn't have a lock though. Who ever heard of a cup holder with a lock? Either way, he's stuck until he finds his way out.

Quote from: Nivm
We return to my ship while I telepathically find Flint, and ask him to come with me, even if he abandoned it before. While he boards or not, I go into (or near) the heart room, study the scroll, then read the scroll aloud.
[4] You return to your ship and cast the scroll you just received on it. There is no visible effect, but the heart informs you that the spell seems to have taken hold properly. You also contact Flint, though he does not seem to be interested in returning at the moment.

Quote from: rolan7
Find a public house, order and imbibe something strong, and listen for interesting conversations.
Ignore Leech and Shadowdump, I'm sure they'll be fine.
[6] You would, but there do not seem to be any doors on any of these buildings. Not one to let something like a wall get in your way, you fire your gun at the nearest wall... [3] which does nothing. It's a stone wall, fire doesn't do much to it.

Quote from: dermonster
take a stealthy glimpse into a window.
[2] You try to reach a window to take a peak in, but can't find any way to get up high enough to see in one. And there isn't enough water in the area for another ice pillar.

Quote from: egg
Hatch.
The egg Leech brought out of the tower begins to shake, and a small crack starts to form on the side.

Checklist of mysteriousness:
Flintus   check
Jervous   check
Stonemt   check
SHAD0W   
Nivm      check
Rolan      
Dermonster   check

Almost ready...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 08, 2010, 08:44:51 pm »

Move to a distance from the egg so as to be in a position that i might be able to comfortably view what comes out of the egg, whilst being far enough away that if a threat surfaces, I would be far enough away for it to not target me.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 08, 2010, 09:15:52 pm »

Find my way out and such

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 08, 2010, 10:57:02 pm »

load up and head out out. going to the fire plane

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 08, 2010, 11:15:02 pm »

Blast, I realize now that I needed that dragon. Flintus, what would you want in trade for your scroll of "summon impossible creature"?

[ ] I polymorph my tongue and vocal chords so I can say two different things at the same time. I don't want it to be noticeable until I speak, and not even then if I'm careful. I then get antsy and go find Flint.

My ship should have a full store of supplies now. Diakron should be on the fire plane. Your list will not disturb me, I have a feeling I'm checked off by default...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 08, 2010, 11:24:46 pm »

[ ] I polymorph my tongue and vocal chords so I can say two different things at the same time. I don't want it to be noticeable until I speak, and not even then if I'm careful. I then get antsy and go find Flint.
What do you mean exactly? The ability to sound like two people at once, or something else?

My ship should have a full store of supplies now. Diakron should be on the fire plane. Your list will not disturb me, I have a feeling I'm checked off by default...
Diakron left the fire plane before freezing himself.

Since supplies won't run out til you get a bad roll(you posses Schrodinger's ammo! It is both there and not there until you try to use it.) I just didn't bother to mention it in the statuses, though I could change that if you want.

Out of curiosity, why do you think you are checked off by default?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 111