Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88620 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

You can't take all the credit for that. It was everyone disturbing the tower and the eggs that made it mad.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I'm going to kill it.
How?
With fire.

Fire on the hydra's body!

The heads look redundant, best to disrupt its organs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Before the winged guys can get to us, me and my mooks will jump into the hole and I will use air to slow our fall.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I've got to get out of this place...

Find a portal, hopefully to the fire realm, and go through it!

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

welllllll thats not good!
all minions on the defence fire the cannon and retreat to the throne room

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Lawl, I just got to the abyss today on Dungeon Crawl. It was very horrible. :( )

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile

((i was trying to find a way to end the duel 4 turns ago :P))

start adsorbing any water i can
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Turn up tommorow. I've been too busy(doing nothing...) this weekend to do it.

Edit: Why does this always happen when I put a date on the update? I have no laptop til tomorrow. RAEG!!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 05:23:16 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 80: preparations)
« Reply #1073 on: July 07, 2010, 04:53:43 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Before the winged guys can get to us, me and my mooks will jump into the hole and I will use air to slow our fall.
[4+1] Your minions are a bit unsure of this plan, but they listen anyway. You all jump down the pit, using your magic to land safely at the bottom. There is little down here, but around the bases of the chains you see a number of glowing gems, each connected to the chain by a thread of light.
air magic(19/32 exp.)

Quote from: Jervous
Put the egg into the chariot with my wolf and prepare to kick some magma hydra ass.
[5] You place the egg in shadow's chariot, leaving your wolf to guard it, and the prepare to fight the monster. Yep, you are going to kill it. No one has ever been more prepared to kill a monster than you. You. Are. Ready!!!
Prepared(+1 to attacking the magma hydra next turn)

Quote from: stonemt
all minions on the defence fire the cannon and retreat to the throne room
[5] You command your cannon to fire upon the creature of light, then fly out through the hole the blast left in the ceiling, not stopping to see how much the blow hurt the thing, though you are pretty sure it's not dead yet.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Find a portal, hopefully to the fire realm, and go through it!
[6] You spot a portal! And a giant monster in front of it! You charge the monster, trying to get around it and through the portal without getting hit. [5] You jump and slide under it at the last second, passing through the portal and back into the plane of fire. As the portal closes behind you you see the hydra everyone woke up. On second thought the Abyss might have been safer...

Quote from: Nivm
I try to contact Flint with telepathy or spot the destruction I don't know he made. Erreti and I go towards whichever of those things I locate. On the way I check in to see how my ship is doing.
[4] You can't seem to contact Flint telepathically, something is interfering with your abilities. You do see a rather large cloud of smoke coming from the deepest part of the city though, and it isn't hard to guess who to blame for that. You arrive on the scene to find a heavily fortified military bunker with a burning hole through the roof and soldiers running back and forth with pails of water to try and put the flames out.

Quote from: rolan7
Fire on the hydra's body!
[irrelevant(2 actually)-alot] You fire at the fire hydra... with a fireball... well, at least you got it's attention! You then proceed to stick your tongue out at it and start yelling insults. The hydra's head at stare at you for a moment before spewing magma at your head. [5] You dodge with ease, flying out of the way without a scratch while continuing to taunt it.

Quote from: dermonster
I turn and see the giant creature. I roar and attempt to reconstruct a relatively normal sized scythe from the Giant Ice debris.
I doubt you could kill this thing alone actually. You have strong water magic, yeah, but you don't have anything else.
[5+3] You remake a smaller scythe... and another... and another... You quickly deconstruct the giant scythe into a series of smaller ones.

Quote from: diakron
start adsorbing any water i can
[6+1] You draw water from your surroundings, mainly the remains of the giant scythe Loki summoned, until you have a large sphere of water suspended in front of you.
water magic(3/32 exp.)

the next numbers I rolled after the turn was done: 5,5,5,3,5,5,4. Who did you people sacrifice to the RNG?!
Also, relatives visiting til monday, so no turn til then.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 80: preparations/the RNG loves you)
« Reply #1074 on: July 07, 2010, 05:03:38 pm »

the next numbers I rolled after the turn was done: 5,5,5,3,5,5,4. Who did you people sacrifice to the RNG?!
Believe me, I'm doing you a favor by not telling you.

Also, relatives visiting til monday, so no turn til then.
I'd complain, but mine is on hiatus for the same reason so... yeah.

Reverse the polarity.  Then "fire" again.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 07, 2010, 05:04:08 pm »

Charge at the hydra and bash it with the ol' Flail.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 80: preparations)
« Reply #1076 on: July 07, 2010, 05:16:56 pm »

I doubt you could kill this thing alone actually. You have strong water magic, yeah, but you don't have anything else.

I am a five story tall being made of ice. The opponent is also in that size area (I think). I also now have a scythe to go along with it. Please let me know if this is wrong.

Lets do this.

Charge at the monster and attempt to slice its limbs off with an ice scythe that's appropriate for my size.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 07, 2010, 05:25:34 pm »

Investigate the crystals

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 07, 2010, 05:27:56 pm »

(I could totally kill this thing alone)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 07, 2010, 05:30:31 pm »

I use arcane magic to shield my allies... Then...

FIRE ON HYDRA!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 111