Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88596 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 78: Welcome to The Abyss)
« Reply #1050 on: June 26, 2010, 09:22:48 am »

Grab an egg and get outta there!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 26, 2010, 09:50:13 am »

Fly back to the chariot!  Because flying is cool and I apparently need practice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 26, 2010, 09:58:20 am »

i didint eat any souls.. i riped them out for later use in the battery. or at least thats what i thought i said i was doing.

any who nuke 'em

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 26, 2010, 11:09:54 am »

What exactly am I defying now? I didn't think there was any math out there saying it wasn't theoretically possible to negate gravity... I assume it still takes energy.
Conservation of momentum. You moving one direction without pushing something else the other way breaks it. Not that it really matters much, twas but a joke, seeing as how this world follows rather different laws of physics.

Go back through the portal!
It closed behind you. Wolfchild has the right idea, but that's not the only way out: portals out appear randomly, you just have to survive a couple turns.(basically, I'll roll to see what new creature/item/portal appears every turn.)

i didint eat any souls.. i riped them out for later use in the battery. or at least thats what i thought i said i was doing.
You ate one in your initial attack when you rolled a 6.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 26, 2010, 05:37:54 pm »

focus an changing my water nobility into a shield from water based spells as well
Back to Mafia with me!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 26, 2010, 09:50:24 pm »

I don't have to break it...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 26, 2010, 11:41:19 pm »

sneak in with my mooks and scout the interior. Let anyone who tries to stop us be subjected to sharp windy death.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 26, 2010, 11:57:01 pm »

Go back through the portal!
It closed behind you. Wolfchild has the right idea, but that's not the only way out: portals out appear randomly, you just have to survive a couple turns.(basically, I'll roll to see what new creature/item/portal appears every turn.)
Hmm... Very well... Time to put my teleportation to the test.
Focus on my surroundings, if I see anything try to take a leap at me, teleport out of the way, multiple times in rapid succession if necessary.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 29, 2010, 09:27:40 am »

Working on the turn now....
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 30, 2010, 10:02:39 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
sneak in with my mooks and scout the interior. Let anyone who tries to stop us be subjected to sharp windy death.
[5] You manage to sneak in through the confusion. There aren't many guards in the interior of the base, so you make rapid progress toward the labs at the bottom. All that remains now is one last stretch of... nothing. Before you lies a giant cavern too deep to see the sides of, with a number of chains leading toward the center. [6] You also spot several winged humanoids flying toward you.

Quote from: Jervous
Grab an egg and get outta there!
[5] You pick up the nearest egg end run out of the tower. As you reach the exit you hear a loud roar and start moving even faster. [4] You even manage to slide down the cliff from the entrance without dropping the egg! (Wish I could do that in Monster Hunter...)

Quote from: stonemt
nuke 'em
[6+2] You do this, instantly killing all three remaining mages. Unfortunately it also brakes open the cage of darkness they had called. From inside a blinding light emerges, and a being that looks like you, but composed of light instead of darkness appears.
dark magic(7/64 exp.)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Focus on my surroundings, if I see anything try to take a leap at me, teleport out of the way, multiple times in rapid succession if necessary.
[5][6] From the shifting walls of this strange place a number of imps leap forward, trying to attack you from all sides. You quickly teleport away several times, losing the creatures easily. You even manage to alter the teleport spell into a faster, extremely short-range version. It won't be much good for getting away, but it makes dodging attacks much easier.
Ability gained: Blink(+1 to dodge)

Quote from: Nivm
Tell Erreti to stop being a mouse; it can hide just as well phased a couple inches under the ground, and move faster. I check my magic map now that I'm ~in the city (and see if I need to land), when it's working I help Erreti locate itself.
[1] As you send your orders to Erreti you lose concentration on your flight and begin to fall rapidly.[4] You regain control before you fall to far though, and use your map to locate erreti. Your fall disoriented you a bit, but you still know roughly where Erreti is hidden. You send it the information and it begins to fly back toward you.(due to the disorientation, it will take 2 turns to arrive.)

Quote from: rolan7
Fly back to the chariot!
[4] You fly away from the tower and back to SHAD0W's chariot. Once you arrive you turn around to see a giant draconic creature emerging from the top of the tower. It's not a dragon exactly, but instead a sort of hydra... covered in magma. :(

Quote from: dermonster
I move away from the tower and form the stolen water into a Massive Scythe.
[6+3] You use the water drained from your surroundings to form a giant scythe of ice. And I mean just stupidly huge, there's no way you can lift this thing. Luckily it is falling toward your foe rapidly. [5] ...your giant weapon passes through him harmlessly. Wut.

Quote from: diakron
focus an changing my water nobility into a shield from water based spells as well
[3+2] You try to strengthen the gift you received from the elder elemental to shield you better against water attacks. You are unable to give yourself complete immunity, but you do gain a change to absorb water attacks. You are quite glad for this as a giant scythe falls through your head, the ice parting above you.
water shield(you receive an extra defense roll against water attacks. A 5 negates it completely and a 6 partially)

Reminder to myself/everyone else:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I turn and see the giant creature. I roar and attempt to reconstruct a relatively normal sized scythe from the Giant Ice debris.

I make a meta-suggestion to Diakron that he should help me do this, as the GIANT MAGMA HYDRA is more important than a petty squabble over desecration.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile

I thought the cage was already open... Why can Erreti fly now? Flying rat? Pigeon form? I also thought I was helping locate himself for searching purposes; Flint mostly.

[ ] I try to contact Flint with telepathy or spot the destruction I don't know he made. Erreti and I go towards whichever of those things I locate. On the way I check in to see how my ship is doing.

I feel a boss battle coming up for Flint and I. I think my skills would be very useful for the other one though.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Flight just sorta comes with the intangibility, and the cage had been lowered, not opened.

I also thought I was helping locate himself for searching purposes; Flint mostly.
Ah, I was a bit confused about what you were trying to do.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait what were we supposed to be doing in the plane of fire anyway

Put the egg into the chariot with my wolf and prepare to kick some magma hydra ass.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

we don't know yet because of me getting sidetracked with a water-mage duel with Diakron, and now we won't find out because i caused a giant magma hydra to erupt/hatch.

so.

Bosstime.

LETS DO THEES LEEEROY JENKINS!

Also I am the only one conceivably able to take him on in one- to -one combat. I would likely be critically injured in the process, so I say we team up.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:47:42 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 111