Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88497 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 76: The Goggles! They do something!)
« Reply #1020 on: June 12, 2010, 10:59:44 am »

and thus did the man of ice say "Fuck this shit" and completely fuse with the water orb with the help of a deus ex machina. And thus becoming three stories tall. and a lot better at water magic.

i hope you don't roll a one or six...

And he who was and is again took up his sword and slew the snow tiger.
Back to Mafia with me!

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 12, 2010, 11:16:52 am »

...*grumble*...
"i hate you." try that again

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 12, 2010, 11:33:20 am »

I go teleport to where Jervous is.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 12, 2010, 11:57:17 am »

and thus did the man of ice say "Fuck this shit" and completely fuse with the water orb with the help of a deus ex machina. And thus becoming three stories tall. and a lot better at water magic.

free deus ex machina
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 12, 2010, 02:35:16 pm »

Dragon eggs eh? I've been in this position before..towers..large eggs..Reminisicent of DnD..

Advance towards the eggs, but being cautious and examining the entire room, making sure there's no mommy or daddy around, and seeing exactly how many eggs there are.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 15, 2010, 02:36:53 pm »

I'm not sure when the turn will be up, but it might be a few days. I've been sick since yesterday.
Edit: feeling better now, I should have the turn up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:50:06 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 17, 2010, 08:52:26 pm »

About that... did you mean to use one of your free fives Dermonster?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 17, 2010, 09:45:36 pm »

Yes. Or both if there's two rolls. THIS SHALL SUCCEED.

Hurridly edited: I still want to keep a humanesque form, and be in total control of my movements. No funny buisness about me BECOMING an orb.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:49:55 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 17, 2010, 10:12:13 pm »

Hurridly edited: I still want to keep a humanesque form, and be in total control of my movements. No funny buisness about me BECOMING an orb.

Ah come on, it's a perfect resolution.  I think it's what we were all expecting (:

Also, Dragnar, this RTD business isn't as easy as you make it look.  And I'm only on turn 5!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 17, 2010, 10:23:56 pm »

Ah come on, it's a perfect resolution.  I think it's what we were all expecting (:

Also, Dragnar, this RTD business isn't as easy as you make it look.  And I'm only on turn 5!

and you are doing verry well
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 17, 2010, 10:38:47 pm »

and you are doing verry well

:D

This has nothing to do with rolling two 6's versus an enemy's 1, and stealing his apocalyptic talking weapon, right?

It was a combination of this RTD, and wolfchild's signature, that convinced me to give it a shot.  Bonus: Spartan 117 is playing.

Enough derailment though.  I'm not sure why my party is ignoring the dueling water-mages, but I'm interested in the outcome.  I'm tempted to pick a side, but I'm deferring to SHADOWdump's leadership, and interfering with duels is probably rude anyway.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:42:27 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 77: legendary magic)
« Reply #1031 on: June 17, 2010, 11:16:16 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Well head on towards the target with my mooks and just scout the place out a bit.
[2] You head over to the installation the crime boss directed you towards, but you can't see a whole lot due to the heavy security. You do see several barricades, both magical and physical, standing in your way.

Quote from: Jervous
Advance towards the eggs, but being cautious and examining the entire room, making sure there's no mommy or daddy around, and seeing exactly how many eggs there are.
[4] You cautiously begin to walk forward, scanning the room for whatever laid these things. You don't see any large monsters anywhere, but you do see a large hole in the ceiling, with rhythmic gusts of wind coming from it. Looking around for some way up you can't see anything except for the several dozen eggs.

Quote from: stonemt
"i hate you." try that again
[2+2] You drain a couple more wizards souls. Only three remain now. [4-1] Their attacks pierce your magic resistance this time, but they only inflict superficial damage.
(This is getting a little too easy for you. But I have an idea. Bwahahahaha!!!)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I go teleport to where Jervous is.
[3] You teleport into the egg chamber, slightly disoriented but otherwise unharmed.

Quote from: Nivm
I look out over the city, pull out another piece of paper, and cast the rune of magic mapping with both. Then I see if I can locate Erreti, and/or help it locate itself.
[2+1] You try to enchant another map, but it seems that you are a bit out of the spell's range, and the rune merely sits dormant on the paper.

Quote from: rolan7
Enchant my cloak to function as a jetpack.
[4+1] Deciding that you aren't making physics cry quite enough yet, you decide to make your cloak spit fire and smoke as it somehow propels you into the air. The enchantment goes smoothly, and before long you have a cloak/jetpack/magic heat sink canceler.
enchantment(3/16 exp.)

Quote from: dermonster
(this is using up both your 5s, but I doubt you'll mind)
[5] You grow tired of this battle, and draw upon the power of fate itself to become one with the water artifact. You feel your attunement to water growing rapidly, as your body shifts into a much larger form. You are soon a very different creature, still humanoid but now totally composed of ice. Even your equipment has changed, and you manipulation of water is almost instinctive.
Legendary water magic(+3 to using water magic, if it involves water you can do it)(not quite as overpowered as it sounds. the scale of your powers has gone way up, but other players can still dodge just as easily)
super-specialized(Cannot use any other sort of magic or anything linked to a different element)

Quote from: diakron
And he who was and is again took up his sword and slew the snow tiger.
(Who do you think you are, the dragon reborn?)
[1] You attack the tiger with your sword... and it shatters. Turns out getting turned to ice makes weapons rather brittle. Also, your enemy just turned into a small glacier. Oh insert-curse-of-your-choosing-here.

On an unrelated note, behold awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLDns41jBQ

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 17, 2010, 11:31:19 pm »

Where did my +1 come from?

[ ] I attempt to lift myself with telekinesis and fly down onto the city below, hoping that getting in range will make my map work. If telekinesis doesn't do it, I polymorph a rope from an exit near the bottom of the ship and climb down. Erreti keeps looking for goodies and Flint in its lost state.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 17, 2010, 11:35:19 pm »

...Where did your +1 come from? Not that it matters much, a 2 and a 3 are pretty much the same, but... why did I do that?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 17, 2010, 11:44:45 pm »

Apparently you decided that I was polymorphing some paper into ink to draw the rune, and thus the energy was added to the rune's magic. Or something even more entertaining...
 Did I only have two sheets of paper? And shouldn't the paper with the rune on it be in my inventory?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 111