Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88698 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 69: Bruised ego)
« Reply #900 on: April 28, 2010, 07:18:50 pm »

I'm not a metagamer :3

Admirable.  If we fail to find you, I'll summon some harmless fireworks to draw your attention (:
[6] The fireworks fall on your head and are not harmless. You die. 8)

It' might be a couple days before the next turn, I've got a big english paper due next monday, though I'm sure to procrastinate enough to write one before then.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 28, 2010, 11:57:55 pm »

I'm not a metagamer :3

Admirable.  If we fail to find you, I'll summon some harmless fireworks to draw your attention (:
[6] The fireworks fall on your head and are not harmless. You die. 8)

It' might be a couple days before the next turn, I've got a big english paper due next monday, though I'm sure to procrastinate enough to write one before then.

Rage!  A 6 should mean that my fireworks hit Jervous in the eye (:
[4] I detect a joke.

Good luck with the paper, is it on a good topic?  Like RTDs, or DF?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 29, 2010, 06:59:52 am »

Heh, no, just a generic research paper. I chose to do it on The Technological Singularity.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 70: iron hand)
« Reply #903 on: May 01, 2010, 07:11:30 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
change clothes and walk into the tavern. Then order a drink and try to listen in on any interesting conversations.
[5] You change back into your normal clothes and take a seat in the bar. You seem to have arrived at just the right time; there are a number of thugs loudly complaining about their boss, and how paranoid he is(rightfully so based on how much info you found at the police station) he never stays in the same place for more than a few days, so they have to carry around a list of his next few hiding places just to find him.

Quote from: Jervous
Growl and get to my feet, determined to find adventure I march off into lands unknown to find it!
[1] You stand up... and are promptly knocked back down by a holy chariot. Clearly the universe hates you.

Quote from: stonemt
make a bed room in the castle and hit the hay
[2] You form a bed of bones in your castle and try to rest. Unfortunately, no matter what you do you cannot fall asleep. For some reason you also feel that even if you could it wouldn't help at all.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Go to Jervous, pick him up if he is willing to go to the fire plane. Try fixing my leg with priest magic.
[1] You command your chariot to find Jervous, and then begin trying to heal you leg with holy magics. Before you can complete the task you are distracted by a loud *thunk* from the bottom of the chariot. It seems your orders weren't specific enough, and the chariot landed on Jervous's head.

Quote from: Nivm
I begin chatting to Tharic (why is this name familiar?) about any business I could offer him, while I get out my book again and cast that rune on one sheet of paper. Let this horrible mess of a ship be lain out before our eyes.
[6] You cast the rune on your sheet of paper and watch as a map appears on it. Or at least, you think it's a map... It looks more like one of those sliding-panel puzzles. You then ask Tharic if he would like you to improve him in some way(at least that's what I think you meant...) [4] He is willing to let you alter him slightly, but only if it's minor enough to easily hide.
novice rune magic

Erreti returns from the heart room will disappointingly little to report. Apparently the place looks like random organic tissue merged with pieces of the ship.(ever played/seen the game prototype? It's sorta like the infected hives, only smaller)
(it got a 1 on getting there and got lost, otherwise erreti would have been back a while ago)

Quote from: rolan7
find a steel-skin spell in the book of transformations and cast it on my broken hand, while it's holding the gun.
You know, pound for pound bone is tougher than steel. No effect on your action, just a cool fact.
[5]You finally get around to fixing your hand,searching your spellbook for a spell to turn it into metal. You quickly find a similar spell in your book and cast it. The skin on your broken hand changes to a dull grey, but remains organic.The real change is beneath the surface: the bones in your hand are now steel, and will be very difficult to break again.
proficient enchanter(+1 to enchanting)

Quote from: dermonster
And lo! did the man of ice call upon the statue!

"Rise my brethren! Rise, and live once more!"
[4]You restore life to the wolf and the giant spider, but the other statues remain still. It seems that they do not wish to return to life.
water magic(4/8 exp.)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 01, 2010, 07:13:48 pm »

Yay update, yay 5, yay polymorph-healing, sorry jervous, yay technological singularity!  How can the technological singularity be boring!?  Well, I guess if one has to write a paper on it.

Also, I am (apparently) IRON HAND.  Thanks (:

I look over the side to see what we hit.  "Ooooh, nice toolbox!  Nice adamantine armor too, I guess.  Particularly the spikes!  Are, are you alright?  I'm Luki!"

Seriously, is he alright?  Do I need to do incredibly dangerous science to him?  (Though really I'd leave that to ShadowDUMP, I know I'll roll a one as soon as I start "helping" teammates)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:25:42 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 01, 2010, 07:26:03 pm »

I never said it was boring. The research is actually extremely interesting, for example: the most common estimate for the singularity is The End Of The World As We Know It, though not the end of the world, in less than 30 years. Writing the paper on the other hand... I'm gonna have a hard time coming up with 6 pages on anything, especially since I have a written language disability.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 01, 2010, 07:29:47 pm »

Walk over to the thugs and making sure the lightning arm is completely visible politely ask them for the bosses location.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 01, 2010, 07:57:52 pm »

Oh... Whooooops.

Chariot moves up and off of him. "I apologize for my horrible flying, but anyways, ya feel like going to the fire plane with us? Thought we'd regroup a little." Finally I try to heal my distressed leg again.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 01, 2010, 08:14:37 pm »

I am a Purveyor of Polymorph! It is my calling! And usually the customer at least gives me some idea of what he wants... I know of Prototype, but found no Hive pictures.

[ ] "Easy to conceal, eh?" I work with his joints and bones, making it so that with great impact (falling, behemoth smack), they will dislocate to absorb the force, and pop back in almost faster than the eye can see. "How does it feel?" ← A very important polymorpher stock phrase.

It appears, out of the stats that needed to be updated, only mine was.

Edit-spelling.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:11:48 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 01, 2010, 08:38:58 pm »

Can I get a listing of whos where? >.<

Um... also... Shouldnt there be statuses?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 01, 2010, 08:48:51 pm »

Statuses are in the first post, though they haven't been fully updated for this turn yet, and they don't give location.

ShadowDUMP (light) and I, Luki (fire) and Jervous (earth) are on the plane of earth, probably headed back to the plane of fire.  We could use your help there, if you want to take the fire portal.  Not sure where Nivm and Flintus are, plane of air maybe?  Stonemt (shadow) is being kinda creepy in the plane of shadow.

Jervous, could I interest a blacksmith like yourself in some enchantment while we ride to the fire plane?  Seems we could do some good work together, any ideas?
She/they

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 01, 2010, 08:50:00 pm »

Dermonster, haven't you read the thread? You should know all this... Statuses on first page, always have been. Malak (me) is in a polymorphed ship on the air plane. Flint is in a bar of a human town on the air plane. Luki (Rolan) and SHADOWdump are in a heavenly chariot on the earth plane. Leech (Jervous) is under said chariot. Daemon (Stonemt) is in his flying undead castle on the shadow plane, failing to get some "z"s. Derek (Dermonster) is in the portal room.
 Since Dragnar isn't going to be posting the next turn until his paper is done, this would be the perfect time to do the archive binge of this thread.

Predit: I am too tired.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 01, 2010, 09:15:28 pm »

Frankly I only clearly remember up until the end of water world, everything after is a bit hazy.
 I remember something about a giant cannon, and a bunch of dwarves with infinite logs (Different adventure?) and elves with a big black glowy thing in a forest that was killing it. (Also different adventure?)
I wasn't in before so I didn't bother with statuses. (or notice that they weren't there)
Locaton is also a bitch because not everyone is in the same place.
I am also visiting my dad right now, so I don't have time for an archive binge. Maybe when I get back home.
I KEEP OBSESSIVELY GOING BACK AND CAPITILIZING THE 'I'Z WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
And lo, did the man of ice, and his companions of frost, enter the portal of flame, and gaze around the new world.
And yes I probably will try to word all actions like this FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 01, 2010, 09:21:48 pm »

There's always a reason. I cheer alternate wording, especially if you use more than just the stereotypical phrasing. It will make your turns more like an epic quest.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 01, 2010, 09:35:25 pm »

I roll onto my back and stand up, then crawl into the chariot and rest.

"Yes, that sounds like a wonderous idea. *grunt* Good for adventuring. I'll tag along." Leech rubs his head. "I'm Leech. Master Blacksmith and legendary adventurer!...Nice ta meetcha. Oh, and buddy, dun go crashin' this thing..I got enough whiplash."
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 111