Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88788 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 66: um... oops?)
« Reply #840 on: April 16, 2010, 11:56:04 pm »

If he doesn't show up in time for the next turn after that I'll let someone on the waiting list in.
Quote from: dragnar
waiting list:
dermonster
vagel7
Jetsquirrel
LE GASP!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:57:39 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 17, 2010, 12:57:38 am »

So what will Diakron's character do? Lose cohesion and become a water elemental that terrorizes the plane?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 17, 2010, 01:37:37 am »

Some sort of magical breakdown, yeah.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 67: stonemt rolls something other than a 6!)
« Reply #843 on: April 18, 2010, 12:16:30 pm »

This would have been up yesterday, but... nginx.

Quote from: Flintus10
Look for the police station and from there get as much information on those bloody elusive criminals as possible.
[6] You find a police station easily and rapidly search through all the files you can find. While the police obviously don't know the exact location of any criminals(except those in jail) but they have narrowed the search for an elusive group called "the shadows" down to just a few taverns and back alleys they are known to frequent. Unfortunately, your shuffling through the files attracts the attention of the actual cops, who demand to see your badge.(your disguise does not include a badge)

Quote from: Jervous
Find the leader of the village and inquire about a reward for slaying the giant.
[6] The village leader finds you(battles with giants are quite easy to spot) and would be be quite happy to give you anything he can. Name your price and if reasonable he will try to provide it!

Quote from: stonemt
eat/absorb their magic core/essence/what ever they use to be magical
[1(finally)] You try to absorb the magic from the wizards, but it seems you are completely saturated, unable to absorb even a scrap of power from them. Seeing your confusion, the wizards strike again(in other words: no dodge roll)! [4] Their spells teleport you back to the empty side of the city, but leave you totally unharmed.

Quote from: Diakron
GM: Find the portals(there's not really anything more to do in the plane of earth)
[3] You manage to find your way back to the portals.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I have a feeling I may be needing that personal shield again if things go awry...
[4] You recast your shield, once again creating a magical barrier around yourself. It's not quite as strong as the last one though.
shielded(+1 against damage)
proficient arcane magic(+1 to arcane magic)

Quote from: Nivm
Telepathically send "Well, when you figure it out, let me know if you need any help." Then say to my shipmate "I looks like I made a mess, feel like looking around?". I then do a search for some paper and some snacks around our part of the ship, and if my mate is willing, go exploring.
[5] You successfully find some paper in your ship's cabin   , and ask your crewmate(who might need a name...) to go exploring with you. He agrees, mainly because he suspects there's treasure to be found. You quickly discover that while the ship is quite massive, there aren't really any hallways connecting the various rooms.

Quote from: rolan7
Recover my gun and try to locate a sharp piece of metal.  Preferably some sort of cutting blade from my toolbox, it doesn't need to be combat-worthy.
[6] You grab your gun then look around for something sharp. Hey, wait a sec, why is your arm bleeding? Oh look, you have a shard of obsidian embedded in it, isn't that just great.
pain(-1 to physical actions)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 18, 2010, 12:42:27 pm »

Fear my real-life exhausted loopiness.

[ ] Lets find our way to the kitchen first (I'll make doors where need be, or just entry-ways if I'm not confident about my architectural ability), then find some snacks there. I stop extracting nitrogen, and ask my crew-mate what his name is as we walk.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 18, 2010, 01:56:43 pm »

Alright... I approach the shadowy beings. (monotone voice)"Greetings, I've come to this plane because some greater being apparently needs me to fix things and whatnot, is there anything troubling your kind?" *stares at the gaping hole*

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 18, 2010, 02:00:29 pm »

My inventory of sharp fire-aligned things has increased!  Ow.
Hm.  I *was* going to replace my hand with the gun, but if a bit of obsidian hurts this much, maybe I shouldn't try cutting off my hand and performing magical prosthetic surgery on it.  Yeah.

New insane plan!
Put obsidian spikes on the gun so it's recognizable as an artifact.

Yeah I could make hanging rings of obsidian, but come on... it's a weapon.  It needs to menace.

Fakedit: I thought the dark shapes could be dwarves, just far away.  Are they actually shadow-creatures?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 18, 2010, 02:06:17 pm »

Fakedit: I thought the dark shapes could be dwarves, just far away.  Are they actually shadow-creatures?
Dwarves were in the Earth world, which we were just in, and as for what they really are I don't really know, they are just shadowy figures at the moment.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 18, 2010, 02:39:05 pm »

well then (^_^X)
shadow walk back and rip their magic AND their souls out and use them to enhance my fortress!
or just do as much of that as posible... i could not exactly find a reasonable break other then after shadow walking and that seemed.. stupid? to just show up and wait to attack...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 02:42:05 pm by stonemt »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 18, 2010, 05:06:28 pm »

well then (^_^X)
shadow walk back and rip their magic AND their souls out.
That's how much you can get done in one turn.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 18, 2010, 07:58:27 pm »

but where are their souls and what not while not in them? just kinda floating around?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 18, 2010, 08:45:35 pm »

Depends on your roll, but yes, you'll still have access to them if it works.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 19, 2010, 01:25:49 am »

Say
"I've got my badge officers...right here *Put on Invisibility ring*"
And then run the hell away and look for the taverns.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 19, 2010, 03:15:36 am »

Flint, I'd like to note that your command will auto-fail, because you do not have a ring of invisibility.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 19, 2010, 08:40:23 am »

Flint, I'd like to note that your command will auto-fail, because you do not have a ring of invisibility.

I bet he does, it's just invisible, so it doesn't appear in his inventory.  And doesn't make people invisible.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 111