Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88860 times)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 62: Deathstarship!)
« Reply #780 on: April 03, 2010, 12:25:19 am »

but if i do they die? well then! DRAW WITH EXTREAM PREJUDICE!!!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 63: Deathstarship!)
« Reply #781 on: April 03, 2010, 09:41:27 am »

Oh wow, when I read the title I didn't even realize it was for me. I had this thought that it must have been one of the powerful elementalists around, or Stone. Then I remembered my action, and realized I must have gotten a six. Oh, what have I done?

[ ] Indeed, what have I done? I check for minds on the ship with telepathy and send Erreti to investigate the heart. And, in the hopes that he didn't get absorbed into the ship too, I try explaining things to my one crew mate.

Also, did I have some kind of freezing sneeze? I have lost all my compressed nitrogen.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 03, 2010, 11:36:49 am »

Fly the chariot into the portal to the fire realm, while doing that recreate the shielding on the chariot.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:57:16 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 03, 2010, 12:44:21 pm »

Oh wow, when I read the title I didn't even realize it was for me. I had this thought that it must have been one of the powerful elementalists around, or Stone. Then I remembered my action, and realized I must have gotten a six. Oh, what have I done?
;D

Also, did I have some kind of freezing sneeze? I have lost all my compressed nitrogen.
Huh, last time I incremented it I must have not put in the new value. Fixed now.

Alright, I suppose I'll fly my chariot through the fire portal. Hope this works! (focus entirely on getting the chariot through safely, or stopping myself if it's impossible)
Your chariot gives you auto-success at flying it anywhere, so you can do something else with your action if you want.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 03, 2010, 12:56:49 pm »

Changed.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 03, 2010, 01:28:08 pm »

If ShadowDUMP has no objection, I'll
Make the chariot's shields stronger against fire.
I don't get critical failures on enchanting, right?  Or is that after I get 1 more exp?  I'm new to RTDs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 03, 2010, 01:31:22 pm »

Good, I was hoping you'd do that.
 I'm half expecting us to pop up in the middle of a volcano or something.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 03, 2010, 01:36:39 pm »

Good, I was hoping you'd do that.
 I'm half expecting us to pop up in the middle of a volcano or something.

Think I should try to make them absorb fire instead of just nullifying it?  Seems like that could be bad on a 6.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 03, 2010, 02:04:03 pm »

I'd say nullify, I don't think we want any weird crap to happen with the shields getting overcharged or something of the like.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 03, 2010, 02:45:46 pm »

Try again have my rum elemental help me
Back to Mafia with me!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 03, 2010, 02:59:55 pm »

Go Berserk and charge the giant, flailing wildly at where..? His head of course!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 04, 2010, 12:24:54 am »

Sneak up on a police man knock him out and take his uniform.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 64: One giant leap for herokind)
« Reply #792 on: April 06, 2010, 02:48:25 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Sneak up on a police man knock him out and take his uniform.
[2] You try to sneak up behind the police to know him out, but are spotted. Luckily h thinks you were just trying to get out of the quarantined area, and simply reprimands you and shoves you back inside.

Quote from: Jervous
Go Berserk and charge the giant, flailing wildly at where..? His head of course!
[6+2] You make an impossible leap all the way up to the giant's head and smash him skull with your flail. [6+1] The giant's head is now looking rather concave, and both you and the giant crash to the ground. Ouch, that was quite some fall, and not only are you relatively sure your arm is broken, but you lost hold of your flail and it landed somewhere under the giant.
flail user(6/16 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
DRAW WITH EXTREAM PREJUDICE!!!
[6+1] You drain the magic from the creatures, using your semi-omnipresence to absorb them all at once. As they fade away, you begin to change, your body growing heavier and drifting to the ground. The massive amount of magic you just absorbed had somehow altered you, and at the moment you are nothing but a fine dust coating the entire city.
dark magic(26/32 exp.)

Quote from: Diakron
Try again have my rum elemental help me
[4+1] Trying again, you have your elemental guide you, it knows much more about how being s made of water function than you do. This time it works extremely well ,and your tiger sontinues acting as it was, seemingly unaware that it is now composed of ice.
water magic(16/32 exp.)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Fly the chariot into the portal to the fire realm, while doing that recreate the shielding on the chariot.
[12] You try to recreate your chariot's shield as you fly through the portal, but are distracted by what you see on the other side and lose hold of the spell. You appear to be inside a giant sphere of magma, with islands of stone spread out around the edges.  In defiance of the laws of physics, gravity points outward from the center of the sphere.

Quote from: Nivm
Indeed, what have I done? I check for minds on the ship with telepathy and send Erreti to investigate the heart. And, in the hopes that he didn't get absorbed into the ship too, I try explaining things to my one crew mate.
[4] Your crew member is stil alive, the original ship being unchanged, and is situated somewhere inside this giant mess exactly as it was. You con only detect two other lifeforces on the ship though, Erreti and... you have no idea, but it's coming from the heart room. You send Erreti out to investigate.

Quote from: rolan7
[2] Shields? What shields? You are too busy looking at the magma.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 06, 2010, 03:42:57 pm »

Oh heeey... I was right... Sorta...

Well we might be inside the center of a planet for all we'd know, but still, much to the same effect.

Summon the cannon in the absolute center of the sphere. Then move to land somewhere, possibly civilized.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:31:06 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 06, 2010, 04:17:03 pm »

[ ] I take out my rune book and check the index for a spell of magic mapping, ask my crewmate if he can pilot this monstrosity to port, and send "Hello? You alright?" to the heart. All almost simultaneously.

My polymorpher experience is 3 points too low in the stats.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 111