Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88872 times)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 61: ...fine, the city loses)
« Reply #765 on: March 29, 2010, 12:54:02 pm »

... i thought two was straight fail\nothing realy happens?
so just for clairity what do the rolls mean?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 61: ...fine, the city loses)
« Reply #766 on: March 29, 2010, 03:31:43 pm »

... i thought two was straight fail\nothing realy happens?
It is... usually. These things absorb magic, so that action was pretty much doomed from the start.(in hindsight, it probably would have been more clear if I just wrote auto-fail for your roll) Not to mention, nothing much did happen. There's one more creature, sure, but they already fill the city.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:31:45 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 62: lions and tigers and bears!)
« Reply #767 on: March 30, 2010, 12:59:33 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Wear the ring of stealth and land at the city and look around.
[3+1] You wear your magic ring and then take advantage of the confusion in the city to land unnoticed. It's pretty easy to sneak around at the moment, everyone near the docks in in a panic because of your storm.

Quote from: Jervous
Ask around town to see where the other elven town is.
[1] After asking around for a bit you discover that there are no other towns near here. The druids must have ben taking you to some sort of temporary camp, and the other elves have no idea where it is.

Quote from: stonemt
figure out exactly what that thing did to me..
[5] You ponder what the creatures did to your shadow-body. As far as you can tell these creatures are some sort or magical construct, capable of absorbing magic to create more of themselves. They are most likely the failed experiment of some crazed wizard, seeking out life to drain of magic.(life-force is a sort of magic, though unaffected by most spells) That also explains how they are acting- mad wizards tend to impart a good deal of their megalomania to their creations.

Quote from: Diakron
took out the tower and the besties in it, now reward me!
[3] The elves are astounded by this, and lead you back to their leader. He is happy to reward you, and after a bit of though he sends another elf to fetch something. He then informs you "we have little of value here, but we do have a few animals you might find interesting." The other elf returns with several cages containing trained lions, tigers, and bears(I couldn't resist). "you may have any one of these animals, though we need the rest for trade."

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Travel to my orbital cannon, crack open the book of summoning to learn a spell that allows me to summon the cannon between the separate planes.
 Also, offer Luki the book of enchantments, sounds like something he could use alot, up to him though.
[4] After a quick read through your book you find a spell that should do the trick. You won't be able to test it until you get to another plane though.(+1 to attempting to summon the cannon) You also hand Luki your book of enchantments, thinking he will get more use out of it than you can.

Quote from: Nivm
Looking at the massive storm on the "horizon" I wonder aloud what happened to the ship, then get the pilot to go down as we go there so we might find the stuff falling out. If we veer to close to something too fast, I use telekinesis to keep the ship on track.
[3] You fly down below the storm, but can't seem to catch any of the falling debris. Or more accurately, you could... but the pieces are quite large and would probably smash your ship to pieces.

Quote from: rolan7
Cast an insulation enchantment from the book on my cloak, so I can muffle my pauldron with it later.
[3] You enchant you cloak to block the effects of your pauldron. You then realize you do not have a cloak, and have nothing to cast such a spell on.
enchanter(4/8 exp.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 30, 2010, 01:09:24 pm »

Take a tiger... then turn it into a literal Snow Tiger by changing it into magical ice
Back to Mafia with me!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 30, 2010, 01:48:16 pm »

Give up searching and go ask around for quests.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 30, 2010, 02:55:31 pm »

Cast an insulation enchantment from the book on my cloak, so I can muffle my pauldron with it later.
[3] You enchant you cloak to block the effects of your pauldron. You then realize you do not have a cloak, and have nothing to cast such a spell on.
enchanter(4/8 exp.)

Oh, well, I meant my robe.  Robe, cloak, large swath of insulating cloth, same thing right?
Can't complain about experience points, though!
Get in ShadowDUMP's chariot and insulate my robe.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 30, 2010, 04:05:58 pm »

Oh, well, I meant my robe.  Robe, cloak, large swath of insulating cloth, same thing right?
Yes, but it was a good excuse for your failure. ;D

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 31, 2010, 12:08:46 am »

Pick up Rolan and head to the portal place. Also, I'd like to finally take a look at that curious little Nth Dimensional Cup Holder

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 31, 2010, 02:20:49 am »

So the only thing that Stone's transformation did was give him the ability to absorb magic? Or no effect at all?

[ ] Grab chunks of ships (especially engines, whole rooms, and engine rooms) with my mind and absorb them into our own ship with my magic. If there are people on the falling wreckage, I try to make sure they don't become a part of the ship, just passengers.

One of the greatest parts about that picture was that the pilot was using a steering wheel for a plane...one handed!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:22:37 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 31, 2010, 11:05:23 am »

So the only thing that Stone's transformation did was give him the ability to absorb magic? Or no effect at all?
Huh? It's the creatures in the city that absorb magic, he is some sort of sentient mist spread throughout the whole place. One of the creatures absorbed a false body he made for himself.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 31, 2010, 11:30:31 am »

Ah, I thought they affected the entirety of his existence.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 01, 2010, 11:57:50 pm »

examin them to identify the shadow things nature to find a way to DESTROY THEM..

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 02, 2010, 07:54:17 am »

Explore the town and see what I can find out about this place. In particular search for a criminal element.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 62: Deathstarship!)
« Reply #778 on: April 02, 2010, 09:43:18 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Explore the town and see what I can find out about this place. In particular search for a criminal element.
[1] You wander about the town for a while, searching for some crime-ridden areas to rebuild your crew from. You can't see to find any criminals, but you do find the law! This section of town had been put under lockdown while the police force searches for you.

Quote from: Jervous
Give up searching and go ask around for quests.
[6] You give up looking for the druids and instead ask if the people here have anything for you to do. Before you have found anyone with a job for you you hear screaming from the other side of town. Looking over there, you see that a giant is attacking. It appears you have found your quest.

Quote from: stonemt
examin them to identify the shadow things nature to find a way to DESTROY THEM..
[6] You think you can destroy these things pretty easily. They are composed of pure magic, so in theory you should be able to simply reverse their draining ability and draw the magic out of all of them. The only thing you aren't sure of is what absorbing that much magic would do to you...

Quote from: Diakron
Take a tiger... then turn it into a literal Snow Tiger by changing it into magical ice
[1+1] You choose one of the tigers and try to transform it into a creature of living ice. Well... you got it half right at least, and it's a very nice ice sculpture, but not quite what you were going for. Luckily you manage to reverse the spell quickly before it becomes permanent.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Pick up Rolan and head to the portal place. Also, I'd like to finally take a look at that curious little Nth Dimensional Cup Holder
[4] You and rolan set out to the portals while you take a closer look at the cupholder on your chariot. It appears normal, but seems capable of holding any object, no matter how large, inside. While this was intended to only hold beverages(of the gods!) you think it should function as a built-in bag of holding!

Quote from: Nivm
Grab chunks of ships (especially engines, whole rooms, and engine rooms) with my mind and absorb them into our own ship with my  magic. If there are people on the falling wreckage, I try to make sure they don't become a part of the ship, just passengers.
[5+1] You guide as many pieces of the falling ships over to your own as you can. After gathering a sufficient number you Cause your ship to warp, changing shape as it merges with one piece after another. Soon your ship looks nothing like what it once did, and now appears to be some sort of tiny death star, a spherical mass of wood bristling with cannons.
Ship expanded(check statuses for the new parts... that 6 did more than you might think)
polymorpher(6/16 exp.)

Get in ShadowDUMP's chariot and insulate my robe.
[6] You hop in the chariot with SHAD0Wdump and cast the spell you had prepared on your robe. It should block the effects of your pauldron when used, allowing your gun to fire. Of course, it also brings back it's backlash...
enchanter(7/8 exp.)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 62: Deathstarship!)
« Reply #779 on: April 02, 2010, 11:36:56 pm »

Excellent, I have been very fortunate thus far!
Waiting on ShadowDUMP's action.  He'll be directing the vehicle I currently reside in, after all.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 111