Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88903 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 60: you're attacking a city!?)
« Reply #750 on: March 27, 2010, 04:38:20 pm »

I'll use one of my 5's please.
If that's ok! (:

Edit: I bet there'll be multiple rolls to mess up, like the pauldron, but I'd still like to improve my odds.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:47:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 61: ...fine, the city loses)
« Reply #751 on: March 27, 2010, 07:29:17 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Ditch my ship on the flying cloud and call a massive lightning storm in to trash the fleet.
[4+1] You leap off of your ship, then summon up the largest lightning storm you can manage to trash the fleet. [6] Storms seem to work a bit differently in this plane; your spell created a giant cloud centered on you, with huge arks of lightning crackling throughout it. You can't really see out, but it's a safe bet that every ship that was anywhere near you is either grounded or falling to their deaths. This includes your ship of course...
air magic(12/32 exp)

Quote from: Jervous
Walk in a random direction.
[3] You walk! Randomly! You eventually reach an elven settlement, though it looks like it's not the one those druids were from.

Quote from: stonemt
blast it with DM
(heh, I was actually half-expecting you to help the obviously-evil creatures)
[1+1] You can't help feeling that there is something innately wrong with these creatures, and blast the one you have been talking to with magic. Hmm... that was not the intended effect. There are now two of them, and they're angry. "You are real! Now, you shall become as we are..." [1] They attack your pseudo-body before you can react, and quickly change the magic within it into another of themselves.

Quote from: Diakron
FIND THOSE EFFING ELVES!!!
[5] You are very annoyed by your inability to find elves, and soon begin cursing every god you can name as you stomp through the forest. Ironically, this yelling attracts a group of elves, coming to see what the commotion was.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Fascinated by his request, I summon a second cannon for him to merge his gun with. I also offer him transportation via my chariot.
[2+1] You attempt to summon another orbital cannon, but somehow Luki's spell interferes with your own, and though his gun does look slightly different, it certainly hasn't been enhanced by anything the size of your cannon.
arcane magic(6/8 exp)

Quote from: Nivm
I pilot my ship in the direction Flint went and make sure it goes where I want with my mind.
(...that picture is so funny, you get a +1 to your roll... that doesn't help much)
[1+1] You consider using your telekinesis to steer the ship, but decide it would be better to just let your pilot keep doing his job. He can drive better than you anyway.  As for Flint... from the looks of things, trying to follow him would just get you killed.

Quote from: rolan7
Dual casting with Shadowdump, his summon and my enchantment, to combine the gun with the new cannon.
(you aren't quite merging the two, just using the second item as a reagent in a spell to enhance the gun, but the difference is negligible)
[5] You try to link your gun to SHAD0Wdump's second cannon as he summons it, but it seems that he summoned something you weren't expecting. You gun looks slightly larger now, and a new switch has appeared on the side.
enchantment(3/8 exp)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:45:57 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 27, 2010, 07:37:28 pm »

Hehehe that'll teach 'em.

Wear the ring of stealth and land at the city and look around.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:40:11 pm by Flintus10 »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 27, 2010, 08:43:09 pm »

took out the tower and the besties in it, now reward me!

also... beware of an elder water elemental i let lose
Back to Mafia with me!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 27, 2010, 09:21:44 pm »

Ask around town to see where the other elven town is.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 27, 2010, 09:29:45 pm »

Thanks ShadowDump, I still owe you one anyway!

Unless you're in a hurry to get moving, I'm going to
Flip the switch and shoot the moon!

Screw that, testing (without live targets) is for the boring.  Where to, friend?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:32:19 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 27, 2010, 09:54:39 pm »

Heh, well on a [1] I might have ended up in Flint's storm, which would mean another ship lost. Also, could the size/rooms of my ship be added to the statuses? I find I keep forgetting in planning, strangely enough.

[ ] Looking at the massive storm on the "horizon" I wonder aloud what happened to the ship, then get the pilot to go down as we go there so we might find the stuff falling out. If we veer to close to something too fast, I use telekinesis to keep the ship on track.

Diakron, what would be wrong with an elder water elemental? It will probably just sink into the ground and make a lake. Of course, I guess a lake might not be enough, and it will turn into the plane of earth and water. I do like mud.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 27, 2010, 10:01:21 pm »

could the size/rooms of my ship be added to the statuses? I find I keep forgetting in planning, strangely enough.
Sure, I'll get that in a second.

Diakron, what would be wrong with an elder water elemental? It will probably just sink into the ground and make a lake. Of course, I guess a lake might not be enough, and it will turn into the plane of earth and water. I do like mud.
Heh, it's not quite that powerful. It'll probably create a giant lake somewhere and rule over it. The only problems that might arise are if "somewhere" is inhabited.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 59: random.org hates you)
« Reply #758 on: March 27, 2010, 10:10:21 pm »

Spoiler: nitpicky (click to show/hide)

Thank you for the status upgrade.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 59: random.org hates you)
« Reply #759 on: March 27, 2010, 10:17:15 pm »

Spoiler: nitpicky (click to show/hide)
I meant more that it would directly control the water, not necessarily the creatures in it. Similar to the river gods in greek mythology... though really, few creatures would dare disobey one of those, that tends to get you turned into something unpleasant.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 27, 2010, 10:39:13 pm »

Screw that, testing (without live targets) is for the boring.  Where to, friend?
I was thinking about traveling to another plane, but first I've got some business with my cannon...
 Think about what plane you want to go to and we'll probably go there.

Travel to my orbital cannon, crack open the book of summoning to learn a spell that allows me to summon the cannon between the separate planes.
 Also, offer Luki the book of enchantments, sounds like something he could use alot, up to him though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 27, 2010, 10:52:48 pm »

Oh nice, very nice!  I have got to pay you back for this somehow.
Cast an insulation enchantment from the book on my cloak, so I can muffle my pauldron with it later.

I'll follow where you lead, SHADOWdump, but if I may suggest the plane of fire?  I imagine my pauldron may protect the both of us if we stay close, since it absorbs my gunfire.
She/they

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 27, 2010, 10:56:32 pm »

I'll follow where you lead, SHADOWdump, but if I may suggest the plane of fire?  I imagine my pauldron may protect the both of us if we stay close, since it absorbs my gunfire.
Sounds good. After I get my cannon summoning thing(hopefully anyway) we will go there.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 28, 2010, 07:41:30 pm »

right. well i guess i had better figure this out. figure out exactly what that thing did to me..

P.S. how did i get a one with dark magic?? i have a plus one to all rolls with it dont i?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 28, 2010, 07:45:17 pm »

P.S. how did i get a one with dark magic?? i have a plus one to all rolls with it dont i?
Bah! That's the second time I've forgotten to write down the bonus! (if I had treated it as a one you probably would have hurt yourself as well)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 111