Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88892 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 60: you're attacking a city!?)
« Reply #735 on: March 26, 2010, 06:12:12 pm »

Ditch my ship on the flying cloud and call a massive lightning storm in to trash the fleet.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 26, 2010, 06:18:33 pm »

FIND THOSE EFFING ELVES!!!
Back to Mafia with me!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 26, 2010, 07:51:27 pm »

Haha this is fun!

Ok I'm not sure whether my pauldron stops me from firing my gun, so...

ShadowDump will you do me a big favor and cast your orbital-cannon-summon... on my empowered gun?  I'll party with you and owe you a big favor!

I'll combine my gun with the orbital cannon as he summons it, if he decides too.  Otherwise I make a big a scope on the end to escape my pauldron.

Kind of funny, my pauldron is sort of the opposite of a heat sink if you think about it (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 26, 2010, 08:19:10 pm »

Walk in a random direction.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 26, 2010, 09:21:01 pm »

Haha this is fun!

Ok I'm not sure whether my pauldron stops me from firing my gun, so...

ShadowDump will you do me a big favor and cast your orbital-cannon-summon... on my empowered gun?  I'll party with you and owe you a big favor!

I'll combine my gun with the orbital cannon as he summons it, if he decides too.  Otherwise I make a big a scope on the end to escape my pauldron.

Kind of funny, my pauldron is sort of the opposite of a heat sink if you think about it (:
1. Yes, your gun is now useless while you wear the pauldron, all of the heat instantly being sucked into it.
2. wait, how do you intend to merge a handgun with a giant orbital cannon?
3. How is your pauldron the opposite of a heat sink? The only difference from a normal one is that it then shunts the the heat it collects elsewhere using magic, instead of waiting for convection.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 26, 2010, 10:10:55 pm »

.... ok. now i know there is probably some plot to this place but i dont LIKE that thing. blast it with DM

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 26, 2010, 10:28:02 pm »

.... ok. now i know there is probably some plot to this place but i dont LIKE that thing. blast it with DM
Yes, but the plot marches on regardless of what you attack. You are merely choosing to be on the other side.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 27, 2010, 03:55:42 am »

Flint is laying down siege; he is not the first. The stats now imply he has already lost his ship. The title now implies he has already lost his mind.

[ ] I pilot my ship in the direction Flint went and make sure it goes where I want with my mind.
Spoiler: With your miiinnd! (click to show/hide)

Note that I find that totally hilarious and could can not stop laughing.
 Also Flint, it would be really nice if we didn't wipe out another city...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 27, 2010, 04:12:33 am »

Also Flint, it would be really nice if we didn't wipe out another city...
That's not the kind of talk I expect from a crew member  :P

(I'm passive in every other RTD so I admit I went a little nuts in this one.)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 27, 2010, 04:26:21 am »

I'm not totally sure I'm your crew member anymore, both because I'm on a different ship as my own crew (do I still have one crewmate?) and because you plan on ditching the flagship.

You can wipe out the fleet, or just force it to port; just don't attack the city itself...perhaps after sufficient show of force they will stop bothering you long enough for some trading disguises.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 27, 2010, 06:34:02 am »

You want to merge your gun with a orbital cannon? How will you hold it?

Fascinated by his request, I summon a second cannon for him to merge his gun with. I also offer him transportation via my chariot.(I assume it has at least two seats)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 27, 2010, 01:36:34 pm »

Flint is laying down siege; he is not the first.
No but the place Diakron destroyed was only a town, and the magical defenses got a 1, amplifying his spell.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 27, 2010, 01:47:57 pm »

;D Death Destruction Mayhem....

My work here is (almost) done
Back to Mafia with me!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 27, 2010, 03:52:40 pm »

You want to merge your gun with a orbital cannon? How will you hold it?

Fascinated by his request, I summon a second cannon for him to merge his gun with. I also offer him transportation via my chariot.(I assume it has at least two seats)

Thanks, I'll owe you one!
I figured I couldn't shoot my gun while wearing the pauldron (now confirmed), so I decided to move the gun to a remote location to fire from. 
I'm imagining Dual casting with Shadowdump, his summon and my enchantment, to combine the gun with the new cannon.  Much as the medallion was combined with the gun.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 27, 2010, 04:04:08 pm »

...The outcome of this plan will vary wildly based on your roll, to say the least.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 111