Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88976 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 55: wizard's pranks)
« Reply #675 on: March 09, 2010, 02:32:34 am »

Give the monicle to Nivm in exchange for removing the cursed ring.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 09, 2010, 01:28:08 pm »

Contine blasting his face with fire attacks BUT if i see the DEATH RAY push shadowdump into it!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 09, 2010, 04:07:46 pm »

develop a spell that allows my summons to be placed in my phylactery
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 56: Injuries. Lots.)
« Reply #678 on: March 10, 2010, 07:50:11 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Give the monicle to Nivm in exchange for removing the cursed ring.
[3] You wait for Nivm to show up, then ask him to get the ring off. He does, but the spell ends up ripping off half your finger as well [3] you can take the pain, but it's gonna need bandaged at least before your concentration will be up to what it should be.(-1 to mental actions, will get progressively worse until the bleeding is stopped)

Your crew also reports that the ship is ready for takeoff any time now.

Quote from: Jervous
Charge the monster and attack the monster with my flail again!
[2+1] You swing at the creature while it's distracted, [6+1] And smash another head. Just one more to go.
competent flail user(+1 to all rolls)

Quote from: Single-headed creature
Kill him!
[6] The creature charges at you in a berserk rage, [4-1] and bowls you over. you manage to avoid any major damage, but it impales itself on your armor, and got hurt pretty bad.

Quote from: stonemt
...try again at another pit...
[6] You try again, this time going for a more direct approach. Your minions scare the wizards off, breaking the circle and allowing you to slip through. Down below, you find... another city? This place appears to be a mirror image of the one above, but you can't seem to locate any people.

Quote from: Diakron
develop a spell that allows my summons to be placed in my phylactery
[2] You start to develop a spell to store your summons safely in the phylactery, but then realize that most of them are not bound to it at all. You will first have to re-cast the (luckily simple) linking spell on all of them before you can begin..

Quote from: SHADOWdump
FIRE AT ABBADON!

While my satellite attacks, I also send searing lasers from my eyes to sizzle Abbadon in a double attack!
[4] You fire your eye-lasers and your satellite simultaneously [5,6] Direct hit! Both beams strike Abbadon, but he was too close, and the satellite strike you as well, burning you even worse than before.
light magic(no epic fails)

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Contine blasting his face with fire attacks BUT if i see the DEATH RAY push shadowdump into it!
[3] You hear SHAD0Wdump calling for his satellite and jump toward him, but are unable to get out of the blast radius due to him shooting his own lasers at you. You do manage to get close enough to him to at least take him with you, moving so that he is within the beam when the satellite strikes.

After the smoke clears, both combatants have collapsed, severely burned by the fire and lasers.
(essentially, the winner is whoever manages to wake up first for the coup-de-grace)

Quote from: Nivm
I check the Table of Contents to see if there are any instructions or normal information on runes, then see why we haven't arrived yet. Did the pilot lose his bearings?
[5] You read a bit more of the the book, and find that it does not contain any information on actually creating runes, it is merely a tool allowing those who do not understand magic to cast rune spells. A strange thing to find in a wizard's tower... You then get up and look for the pilot to ask what's taking so long. Apparently, laziness: he's been flying pretty slowly. Regardless, you're finally back to the pirate ship, just in time to find Flint complaining about a cursed ring he put on. You attempt to remove it by shapeshifting it off of his finger. [6+1] Hmm... Looks like curses can't be escaped that way, not that that's gonna stop the spell. The ring is removed from Flint, but it takes a good chunk of his ring finger with it.
polymorpher(3/16 exp.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 10, 2010, 10:36:26 pm »

use a;; the water ties in the 3 water elementals (not the rum E) to blow out the supports of the tower
Back to Mafia with me!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 11, 2010, 12:49:44 am »

So even though the ring is off the curse will still affect him? Your sentence is wounded too, so it's hard to tell. I probably should have specified what kind of change I wanted to work (from magic negation → magic empowerment, polymorphing the enchantment itself), just didn't get back in time.

[ ] I tell the Captain (hey, he's new isn't he?) that I don't accept payment for a botched morph (probably why I'm still poor). I ask to see the ring so I can fix it, if he obliges
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If Flint doesn't want me touching him or his stuff (understandable), I turn a piece of scrap wood laying around into a bandage for him and go distribute furniture around the ship (paying careful attention to altitude changes from the weight).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:53:14 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 11, 2010, 12:55:14 am »

Make Rage i my mind to wake myself up and finish him off

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 11, 2010, 07:08:15 am »

Tell Nivm if it helps prevent the curse he can do whatever he wants with it.

Order the crew to bring the ship into the air providing they want to avoid a whipping.

Speaking of which my personal action will be to create a whip out of wind directly from where my finger used to be.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 05:59:57 pm by Flintus10 »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 11, 2010, 07:56:00 am »

So even though the ring is off the curse will still affect him? Your sentence is wounded too, so it's hard to tell.
Ah, right, that is a bit vague now that I look at it. He's no longer cursed... though I suppose the missing finger is, the ring is still bound to it. Your spell worked, it just did so with no regard for how badly it injured Flintus.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 11, 2010, 11:38:04 am »

make shadow people to go forth and populate this mirror world

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 11, 2010, 03:29:49 pm »

Finish the monster off!...With my flail!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 13, 2010, 02:45:10 pm »

So what, my shield doesn't work on massive beams of light or you just wanted this battle to finish up?

Get into a sleep-state, levitate and spin around near Abbadon so if he wakes up he gets repeatedly booted in the face.

By the way, sorry for being gone for so long.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:48:59 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 13, 2010, 08:47:41 pm »

So what, my shield doesn't work on massive beams of light or you just wanted this battle to finish up?
A bit of both: You were badly injured already, and the extra damage came from your overshot. You don't really get a defense roll against backlash from your own attacks. The damage probably wouldn't have been enough to knock you out if this fight weren't taking so long though.

Get into a sleep-state, levitate and spin around near Abbadon so if he wakes up he gets repeatedly booted in the face.
...You mean you actually thought of a use for that ability?! That was unexpected...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 13, 2010, 10:56:13 pm »

...You mean you actually thought of a use for that ability?! That was unexpected...
Old dungeon master's rule: Never underestimate your players. ;D

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 14, 2010, 12:03:27 am »

Old dungeon master's rule: Never underestimate your players. ;D
I really should know that: I've read both Darths and Droids and Full Frontal Nerdity. The GM can't keep control of the games in either one.
Edit: Ooh, also Another Gaming Comic. That's probably worse than the other two put together.

Anyway, the turn will be up tomorrow, I'm lazy on weekends.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 12:06:47 am by dragnar »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 111