Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88999 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 54: sober dwarves! The horror!)
« Reply #660 on: March 02, 2010, 09:00:16 pm »

Shield back to magical protection, teleport him downward so he is waist high in solid earth, reinforce with magically generated material. I want him rooted in place.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 02, 2010, 09:22:40 pm »

summon a Giant cave Spider!
Back to Mafia with me!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 03, 2010, 12:53:04 am »

Do a Firebeam against SHADOWdump, avoiding any attacks

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 03, 2010, 08:56:54 am »

Smash the rockshield with my flail to get out.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 04, 2010, 01:46:03 am »

pout and cause my minons to go as messangers to the mages to ask whats going on round here

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 05, 2010, 01:13:04 pm »

Well, I was planning to do the turn today... but then I got sick. :P
I'll get it done as soon as I feel better, but for now my mental capabilities are virtually nil.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 55: wizard's pranks)
« Reply #666 on: March 08, 2010, 07:34:20 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Continue to yell at the bloody ring!
[6] You keep yelling at the ring, frustrated and out of ideas. Suddenly, the ring begins to speak, mocking you!
"Ha! You fell for it you pathetic excuse for a wizard! I have cursed this ring of anti-magic to prevent any and all magical items from effecting you while still allowing spells to target you. I would have no trouble removing it, but I suspect you will be stuck for weeks! Hahahaha! PS: Hopefully now you'll think twice before turning my beard green again!"
...It appears you have been caught in the middle of a wizard's practical joke.

Quote from: Jervous
Smash the rockshield with my flail to get out.
[6] You break your way through the shield, smashing the walls to pieces... which causes the roof to fall on you. [3+1] You only suffer superficial damage, and emerge from the rubble unscathed.

Quote from: multi-headed creature
Eat those other guys, they look less spiky.
[1]The creature charges the portal, trying to get at the mages still recuperating from the spell on the other side. It appears the portal is one-way-only though, and it passes straight through to the other side.

Quote from: stonemt
pout and cause my minons to go as messangers to the mages to ask whats going on round here
[2] You command your minions to try to communicate with one of the various circles of mages. You send the flying dutchman, a disembodied arm, and a blade of darkness to communicate peacefully. Predictably, the mages panic and throw up an anti-magic barrier to keep them out. Impressively, they do this without ever breaking their concentration on the pit.

Quote from: Diakron
summon a Giant cave Spider!
[4]You summon a Giant Cave Spider! Scourge or the chasm, death of dwarves! Not only does this scare the dwarves out of their break, but the elves appear to ignore it completely, confident that no animal will ever attack them. Oh how wrong they are...
summoning(3/4 exp.)

Quote from: battle! elves vs dwarves and GCS
Battle, Start!
[1 vs 3+1] The elves are slaughtered, outfought by the dwarves and eaten by the spider(which they continue to ignore). The battle is over in minutes.
With the elves gone, the dwarves begin to grow nervous of the GCS. They should probably be kept apart whenever possible.(dwarves receive -1 in the presence of the GCS)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Shield back to magical protection, teleport him downward so he is waist high in solid earth, reinforce with magically generated material. I want him rooted in place.
[5] You warp Abaddon a short distance into the ground, [3] almost completely immobilizing him, though his arms remain unrestrained.
arcane magic(5/8 exp.)

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Do a Firebeam against SHADOWdump, avoiding any attacks
[4+1] You launch a beam of fire at SHAD0Wdump [1+2] who is taken completely off guard, and would have been incinerated if not for his shield. As it is, he is still very badly burnt.(-1 to physical actions) The shield also appears to have weakened.(only provides the +2 to the chosen type, no +1 to everything else)
fire magic(4/16 exp.)

Quote from: Nivm
I return Erreti to normal size (or not since statuses show it holds the power now), and telepathically ask my elemental to scout out the ship a bit.( I will try to use telepathy to get the report when e's done.) I then sit down a read the runes book for the ride.
You send Erreti out to scout the ship, and quickly receive a report that there are only two rooms: The engine room and a crew's quarters with enough bunks for a small crew of only 2. This ship was clearly meant only for emergency use.
[1] You then open the book of runes to a random page and begin to read. Unfortunately, magic books should always be read starting at page one. They tend to be filled with warnings of doom and such. Anyway, as soon as you look at the page it [5] flies toward your head and vanishes leaving a faintly glowing rune in it's place. After a bit of concentration you discover that it has repaired your telekinesis, allowing you to lift heavy objects! You then flip to the front page of the book, which informs you that it contains many, many runes and to cast them one need only look at the page while thinking of the target. The only downside is that each rune can only be used once, and after 10 uses the book will crumble from the magical exertion.
telekinesis gained!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:12:04 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 08, 2010, 07:57:16 pm »

[4+1] You launch a beam of fire at SHAD0Wdump [1+1] who is taken completely off guard, and would have been incinerated if not for his shield. As it is, he is still very badly burnt.(-1 to physical actions) The shield also appears to have weakened.(only provides the +2 to the chosen type, no +1 to everything else)
fire magic(4/16 exp.)
Shouldn't it be at least a 3? I set the shield to anti-magic...
 Unless his 5 gave the attack the necessary boost to really singe.

"Now that was just rude."

FIRE AT ABBADON!

While my satellite attacks, I also send searing lasers from my eyes to sizzle Abbadon in a double attack!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 08, 2010, 08:11:46 pm »

Shouldn't it be at least a 3? I set the shield to anti-magic...
It was a three. Or at least, I treated it that way, just made a typo. I'll fix it in a sec.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 08, 2010, 08:15:01 pm »

When I read "wizard's pranks" I was so sure I had just changed my status to "nearly dead" or something similar, and then there was a five.

[ ] I check the Table of Contents to see if there are any instructions or normal information on runes, then see why we haven't arrived yet. Did the pilot lose his bearings?

Also, it appears I think about myself while reading a book. How lucky it turned out to be!
 Does Flint keep his lightning arm with that cursed ring on? (Oh, and Flintus, I can probably fix that, for a price!)
 Usual errors in the status, like Diakron's spider.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 08, 2010, 08:32:46 pm »

Charge the monster and attack the monster with my flail again!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 08, 2010, 09:16:53 pm »

I really need to be more careful about things like that.

And yes, that could have gone very badly with any other roll.

When I read "wizard's pranks" I was so sure I had just changed my status to "nearly dead" or something similar, and then there was a five.

Does Flint keep his lightning arm with that cursed ring on? (Oh, and Flintus, I can probably fix that, for a price!)
Yeah, that could have been very bad on any other roll. His arm is fine, It doesn't effect spells, only actual magic items. It's just a prank, so it's supposed to be more of an inconvenience than anything else.

...try again at another pit...
That is a bit of a problem with RTDs. 2/3s can lead to "Uh... nothing's changed, keep trying."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:45:48 pm by dragnar »

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 08, 2010, 09:30:42 pm »

...try again at another pit...

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 08, 2010, 10:52:56 pm »

[ ] I check the Table of Contents to see if there are any instructions or normal information on runes, then see why we haven't arrived yet. Did the pilot lose his bearings?

Also, it appears I think about myself while reading a book. How lucky it turned out to be!

an x ray monicle?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 09, 2010, 01:43:36 am »

Hmm, I was going to ask for the potions so I could dump them into Erreti and have fun dealing with the consequences...but I think that monocle could be quite useful. I was also going to keep the conversation in an action, but no one else seems to care about that.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 111