Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89039 times)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 52: Epic Loot includes monocle)
« Reply #630 on: February 20, 2010, 10:12:31 am »

explore the castles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 20, 2010, 04:07:18 pm »

Also, I now have a bunch of super-dense objects in my pack and I can still walk.
They aren't super-dense, just small furniture, indistinguishable from dollhouse furniture. You have magic, conservation of energy/mass means nothing to you.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 20, 2010, 04:14:25 pm »

Land near the cave entrance, tell my chariot to go fly near the cannon where it's safer, then I set my shielding to anti-magic and walk through that barrier of fire.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 21, 2010, 05:28:37 am »

phew got some time
sooo i cant make a turn now?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 21, 2010, 08:22:49 am »

I always hated that kind of magic. Can we just say I'm using the multiplanar-stock system?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 21, 2010, 12:05:01 pm »

I always hated that kind of magic. Can we just say I'm using the multiplanar-stock system?
The magic in this game isn't simply "A wizard did it", there are rules(I prefer to think of magic as an extension of physics, an extra basic force), but there is no way any sort of magic could work if it had to obey conservation of energy. Presumably you can move energy in and out of some sort of alternate plane composed of "mana". What do you mean by "multiplanar-stock system"? I can think of several guesses, but I'm not sure what you mean by that.

sooo i cant make a turn now?
No :(
You are fully healed though!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 21, 2010, 04:31:42 pm »

It's what you guess, just not necessarily mana. Where you access an empty plane that can't store matter or energy like it exists in this universe, so anything you put in there gets obliterated for when you need it later. You can also access a plane that already has obliterated matter, but that's a bit more tricky, and creates a "debt" that another mage can force to be taken (from what you made or from you). Nearly all of magic can be explained by multiplanar work, but the rules of the planar connection just create their own even more complicated rules of what you can and cannot do. Like if I try going through a planar gate right now the furniture will explode, if we choose not to use "a wizard did it" anyway.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 21, 2010, 05:36:45 pm »

hmm use some of the water in my 3 water elementals to create a hail storm over the elves!
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 21, 2010, 09:14:45 pm »

I don't have time to write the turn tonight(a computer program that should have taken 30 minutes to write max took 2 hours... and I still have no idea why), but I should have some extra free time tomorrow.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 22, 2010, 08:48:13 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Wear the rings and the monicle and head back to the airship to see if we can install the crystals.
You first put on the monocle, and suddenly all of the walls vanish! looking around more carefully, you realize that this monocle allows you to see through any object you focus intently enough on. The only problem is, you can't really shut it off entirely, and you can't walk around if you can't see the walls/floor. Moving on to the rings, as you slip the first onto your finger, you become partially transparent, but the effect fades as you wear the second... and the second one won't come off.
[3]You then fly back to your airship and hand your engineer(the only pirate still on the ship) all of the crystals, ordering him to get the ship working. He says to just wait one moment, he'll go see if any of these will work. [2] A few are the right type, but the shape's wrong, he can install them, but it'll take a while.(the ship will by ready for take off the turn after next)
identified: x-ray monocle, ring of stealth, ring of ???(cursed)

Quote from: Jervous
Charge the beast!!
[5] Not even bothering to answer, you leap through the portal and strike the beast within [6] crushing it's skull. survival:[5] Hmm, it seem's your flail's power isn't all that effective against something with more than one head.
flail-user(7/8 exp.)

Quote from: Monster
kill the intruders!
[3,1,4] The three remaining heads each lash out at Leech, but two of them just get in each others way, while the last keeps coming [5-1,6] attacking through a gap in your armor, both avoiding the spikes and scoring a significant blow.
Jervous-bleeding(further damage will incur penalties)

Quote from: stonemt
explore the castles.
[4] You direct your view to the many castles spaced throughout the city, viewing all of them simultaniously. Each castle contains a large chamber in the center, with a pit leading down from the center. The bottom of the pits drop too far down into the earth for you to see the bottom. There appear to be some sort of cultists forming a circle around each.

Quote from: Diakron
use some of the water in my 3 water elementals to create a hail storm over the elves!
[5] you transform your water elementals into ice, then hurl them at the elves, [4,6,3] two elves go down, and the third is killed by the elemental after it melts.
water magic(8/32 exp.)

Quote from: 5 dwarves vs 7 evil elves
To Battle!
[5,3] The battle rages on, and two elves are slain.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Land near the cave entrance, tell my chariot to go fly near the cannon where it's safer, then I set my shielding to anti-magic and walk through that barrier of fire.
[1] You would walk through the fire... but it looks painful! Coward... your chariot does fly away though.

Quote from: jetsquirrel
*snore*
You wake up, fully refreshed and ready to fight!

Quote from: Nivm
I call to the entire tower (with possible telekinetic augmentation [or telepathy]) that "anyone who doesn't want to die needs to get to the study, doubletime!" I then start getting the largest ship ready to leave; taking the help of my shipmates when they come. If hostiles come (probably), I'll dispatch them by dumping them off the dock.
while I agree with you that magic should have an explanation, this is an RDT, so the rules for it are pretty simple, akin to the four elements from alchemy... but with 6 elements. everything is made from magic, so everything can be manipulated by the right type.
[6] You modify your telekinesis to send messages to the crew-members Flint left behind telling them to get up here quickly. As you prepare the airships you see that onother creature has responded to your summons... the giant blob devouring the foundations. Take off. Now. Hopefully those pirates get here quick... [5] Lucky pirates...

I'll update the statuses tomorrow, too tired/lazy right now.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 22, 2010, 09:10:29 pm »

Fuck it...

Use a scroll of earthquake to collapse the cave, set shield to physical protection to deal with the fact this will probably hit me too.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 23, 2010, 12:56:22 am »

Can I get a look at the blobs eyes? Can they see me? If so...(wait for it). If not,
 [ ] I check to make sure this ship is returning to the flagship, then pop the baleful polymorph effect off Erreti. It's so sad seeing him in a non-liquid state.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 23, 2010, 01:31:33 am »

Storm raging outside jumping on Shadowdump, fireballing his face

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 23, 2010, 07:19:21 am »

Storm raging outside jumping on Shadowdump, fireballing his face
...what? try to be a little more coherent.

Can I get a look at the blobs eyes? Can they see me? If so...(wait for it).
I don't think it has any at this point. It can sense you due to the telepathic call though.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:24:21 am by dragnar »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 23, 2010, 08:16:39 am »

Uncurse the ruing or at least try to reason with it and figure out it's plans.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 111