Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89024 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 48: Survival!)
« Reply #585 on: February 07, 2010, 01:15:18 am »

Ah, that ebony. Ye, it's completely an invention of the Elder Scrolls world, although I'm not quite sure just how the ore forms. *Obliviwiki!* Solidified volcanic blood of the gods, apparently. Most likely Akulakhan's blood, considering he was butchered right around where the ore is found. That was a rather epic transformation, ('useless' mop) → (congealed God Blood). You should pick just which god this blood is from!
 I think Wikipedia is more real than teleportation (I use the "Add to Dictionary" function often).
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 07, 2010, 02:00:39 am »

I think Wikipedia is more real than teleportation (I use the "Add to Dictionary" function often).
But it's also much more specific, and fireball, wizard, magic, dragon, mage(nope, not that one), divination, necromancer, etc. are all in there.

That was a rather epic transformation, ('useless' mop) → (congealed God Blood).
Heh, all I knew is that it makes good weapons/armor, that sounds almost biblical.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 07, 2010, 06:15:30 am »

Blow the dragon to pieces.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2010, 06:51:51 am »

*survival dance* yeah take that shadowdump!
Crawl into my chariot and ride away to a cave or something, while they are moving try to regenerate my body

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 49: Still alive... EVEYTHING is still alive)
« Reply #589 on: February 09, 2010, 07:48:37 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Blow the dragon to pieces.
[5+1] You create a large spear of lightning and hurl it through the hallway. The charge is so huge that all the other monsters in the way are fried, leaving little more than piles of ash. [3+1] The dragon deflects the bolt with one of it's wings, though it burns a hole through where it made contact.(It's a Dragon. It is not going down in one shot)
air magic(4/32)

Quote from: Dragon
!!BURN!!
[1+1]The dragon breathes a huge gout of fire at flint... but it appears to have horrible depth perception, and the flame doesn't get anywhere near him.

Quote from: Jervous
Once I'm outside, collapse the stairs and examine my surroundings.
[3+1] You collapse the stairway behind you, leaving nothing but a pile of rubble where it once was. You appear to be near the top of the mountain, to one side you can see the forest off in the distance, everywhere else there's nothing but more mountains.
earth magic(2/16 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
turn into a shadow thing and explore
[4+1] You change your body into shadow and begin to drift higher up to get a better "view" of your surroundings. The swamp appears to be perfectly circular, at the bottom of a large cliff, with a giant city encircling it at the top.
shadow magic(18/32 exp.)

Quote from: Diakron
start freezing all the trees around me... i will have a forest of ICE before i leave here
[1] The trees are already dead... this section of the forest is nothing but blackend trunks, twisted unnaturally. There really isn't anything to freeze.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Teleport back a slight distance away, after all you don't think I'd forget where my chariot is right?

Also, FIRE AT IMP.
[4] You warp back to your previous location to find Abaddon getting away! You run back to your own chariot and command your laser to fire at the imp that got in the way of your righteous vengeance. [4+1] The imp has been reduced to a fine pile of subatomic particles.(I said they were fragile)

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Crawl into my chariot and ride away to a cave or something, while they are moving try to regenerate my body
[4-1] You manage to retain consciousness long enough to get into your chariot and command your remaining felhound to get you as a far away as possible before collapsing again. Luckily the chariot's magic makes the hound large enough to pull it, but you have on control over where you are going.
healing:[2] No improvement, but you're not getting worse either.

Quote from: Nivm
I move behind the blob, raise my scimitar high in both hands, then spray it with napalm before dealing the killing(!!??) blow. I then escape Erreti in search of the wizard's study until my elemental calms down (I'll come for the possible loot later).
[1] As soon as you attack the creature with napalm, it melts... but doesn't die. You now have to deal with a much weaker, but harder to hit, blob of liquid metal. [2+1] You lash out at it anyway, striking at the eyes, the only part that remains solid... though it isn't clear if they are vital or not. [2+2] You strike the creature, destroying one of the eyes, it seems to be in pain, but it still keeps coming.

Quote from: metable
blub(translation: melt you)
[3] The liquid creature oozes over to Malak, trying to burn him with it's acidic...everything really. Luckily it doesn't seem to be very strong, probably due to just being changed into this form, and does no more than burn his already tattered clothing a bit.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:05:53 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 09, 2010, 07:55:29 pm »

use the lightning whip and lash the dragons eyes.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 09, 2010, 08:05:09 pm »

My chariot chases him down while I use a scroll of demon summoning to summon a really-big-fat-heavy-useless-for-anything-other-than-dead-weight demon on Jetsquirrel's chariot.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 09, 2010, 08:24:33 pm »

Search the forests for civilization.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 09, 2010, 08:45:14 pm »

so ummmmm did i see anything?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 09, 2010, 10:03:35 pm »

so ummmmm did i see anything?
*Facepalm*

Just give me a second...

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 09, 2010, 11:12:24 pm »

explore the city

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 10, 2010, 01:15:55 am »

So I need to undo the berserk effect myself?

[ ] I run out into the hall, tear a brick out of the wall, and throw said highly unstable mess at the liquid metal blob before ducking behind the other wall.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 10, 2010, 10:30:09 am »

Let the earth split in 2 just behind my chariot to prevent him from following and let magma come out of it and HEAL!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 10, 2010, 12:30:58 pm »

You always try to do so many actions at once...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 10, 2010, 04:13:01 pm »

You always try to do so many actions at once...
Not really, the roll to heal is automatic, so it really doesn't count as an action.

So I need to undo the berserk effect myself?
Not necessarily, you were busy fighting, and it didn't attack you, so it was just out of sight this turn. It might even have calmed down already... or maybe not.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111