Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89036 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 45: JetSquirrel's luck is very statistically improbable)
« Reply #570 on: February 06, 2010, 09:38:11 am »

That's why I put my statement in bold, so maybe dragnar will roll on it (:
Who knows?  Maybe I'll be the chump who summons you.  That kinda depends on dragnar.
(Sings "shoot him again, he's not dead yet")
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 45: JetSquirrel's luck is very statistically improbable)
« Reply #571 on: February 06, 2010, 04:00:24 pm »

There's a chance Jetsquirrel will survive... it's just not a very good one. And if you do get in, the goggles will most definitely do nothing. ;D

I'll post the turn later today. After that, turns will mostly be on the weekends and Wednesday.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 48: Survival!)
« Reply #572 on: February 06, 2010, 08:53:49 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Tell the pirates that they better start doing push-ups while I go towards the study. Also make sure hte pirates understand that if they are not still doing push ups when I get back I will give them the lightning whipping of a lifetime.
[2] You order your men to do some exercise, then head of toward the study. It appears that there are a few more monsters here than your crew mentioned, the hallway leading to the study is full of them. You see a small cluster of zombies, a walking hardhat, several small gremlin-like creatures, and... oh goody, there's a large angry dragon guarding the door. The others are sorta milling about aimlessly, but the dragon is clearly blocking the doorway.

Quote from: Jervous
Loot the corpse and use earth magic to make a direct stairway up to the surface.
[3]You grab his crown and a small gem, but for a king this guy doesn't have much stuff. [5+1] You form a large, ornate stairway leading directly to the surface, not exactly subtle, but you have a head start anyway.
[3] The warped doors are visibly cracked now, you run up the stairs before the dwarves break through.
competent earth magic(+1 to all rolls... and that stacks with the flail)

Quote from: stonemt
send all minions (but not the castle) to scout the world and start figuring out how to turn into a shadow (but dont actuly try doing it)
[2+1] You send out your shadow arm and sword to scout the area, one heading for the swamp, the other for the top of the cliff. You try to find a way to become a creature composed entirely of shadow [4+1] and determine that it should be quite simple. You almost did it accidentally with your shadow arm a while back, and shadow-walking involves a similar process. You decide to wait to test your theory though.
dark magic(16/32 exp.)

Quote from: Diakron
have them extinguish all the fires around here
[4+1] Your water elementals work together and put out all of the camp fires. Not really much to say about that...

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Time to sacrifice...

I magically form a serrated dagger, with which to do the deed.

Lets make this messy.
[1+1] You are about to summon a dagger and administer the final blow, when the last remaining imp slams into you, knocking you away from Abaddon. Then there is a great flash of light and you find yourself outside the forest.

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Tell the elder god that if that guy kills me who will finish my debt?all those souls that he could have.tell him to atleast heal me, so i can finish my debt.
[6] The elder god already promiced not to interfere in the fight, but it admits that you are an amusing minion, and it never promiced not to postpone the fight. In a flash of light SHAD0Wdump is gone, giving you time to recouperate.

Quote from: Nivm
I take a deep breath, then freeze the metal blob to its core and shatter it with my ebony scimitar. "What ebony scimitar?" "The one that used to be a mop of course."
[5] You simultaneously attack the blob with compressed nitrogen and morph your mop into a curved ebony sword, your pack glows as you cast the spell and the sword appears to be made of metal instead of wood. (no need to roll to hit this thing, it would be impossible to miss and it doesn't move)[2+1] the blob seems unfazed by the attack, the only effect of the nitrogen being that it moves a bit slower... not that it matters, it was already slower than mollasses.
polymorpher(4/8 exp.)

[1] Erreti goes berserk, and will attack something at random every turn until the effect wears off!

Quote from: rolan7
I join and recover the fire artifact
[1](no, I didn't actually roll... though that could be funny, "roll to stay in the game!") Jet squirrel survives due to the ONLY possible combination of rolls that could save him. He is still badly wounded though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 06, 2010, 08:59:52 pm »

*Notifies* is there a waiting list here?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 06, 2010, 09:00:38 pm »

Either you got lucky, or someone is being merciful to you.

However I think we've forgotten my teleportation?

Teleport back a slight distance away, after all you don't think I'd forget where my chariot is right?

Also, FIRE AT IMP.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 06, 2010, 09:21:43 pm »

Once I'm outside, collapse the stairs and examine my surroundings.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 06, 2010, 09:27:20 pm »

Either you got lucky, or someone is being merciful to you.
Luck, I was honestly expecting him to die. Me being merciful was saying he could abandon his body and return to hell.

*Notifies* is there a waiting list here?
No, but that's because no one has asked, looks like I'm gonna have to make one.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 06, 2010, 09:29:03 pm »

well since there isn't one i assume that no one is waiting to have a turn so i can have first pick.

yay.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 06, 2010, 09:44:20 pm »

start freezing all the trees around me... i will have a forest of ICE before i leave here
Back to Mafia with me!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 06, 2010, 10:44:44 pm »

Haha... fair enough.  I'll take second pick, if you please (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 06, 2010, 11:11:42 pm »

turn into a shadow thing and explore

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 06, 2010, 11:26:27 pm »

well since there isn't one i assume that no one is waiting to have a turn so i can have first pick.

yay.
Haha... fair enough.  I'll take second pick, if you please (:
Actually Rolan7 gets in first, I meant I would have to make one because two people had asked to join. sorry dermonster :(

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 06, 2010, 11:27:33 pm »

:'(

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 06, 2010, 11:34:40 pm »

I probably should have heated it up first. Also, I expected I would get an artifact if someone died, although I wouldn't really have much use for it. Maybe for the light artifact... Oh, and it still says "ebony scimitar" in the statuses, although I'm not sure just what metal it is now.

[ ] I move behind the blob, raise my scimitar high in both hands, then spray it with napalm before dealing the killing(!!??) blow. I then escape Erreti in search of the wizard's study until my elemental calms down (I'll come for the possible loot later).

I think the +2 total will do the trick, but I might break my new scimitar...or take too long to keep my elemental from driving itself into my lungs.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 07, 2010, 12:49:37 am »

Also, I expected I would get an artifact if someone died, although I wouldn't really have much use for it. Maybe for the light artifact... Oh, and it still says "ebony scimitar" in the statuses, although I'm not sure just what metal it is now.
As for the Artifact: Maybe, I hadn't thought of that actually, since you haven't really used any elemental magic. It'll probably depend on who I can think of a better reason for getting it, you or the new person.

It's an ebony scimitar, there is no mistake. It's just the non-existent ebony metal from the elder scrolls instead of ebony wood.(I think, I could be wrong and ebony could be a metal in reality too, but if so Wikipedia lies)

...huh, Wikipedia is in Firefox's dictionary, but teleport isn't. Weird.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 111