Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89013 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 45: JetSquirrel's luck stinks)
« Reply #555 on: February 03, 2010, 09:09:20 am »

Use my Flesh to Food scroll on one of the fellhounds to turn it into a dog shaped wad of Scooby Snacks.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 03, 2010, 07:24:46 pm »

Not really what I was looking for but might come in handy. The comparative excitement around here is minimal.

[ ] I grab one of the books cataloging "natural" creature anatomy then do a search for secret doors and the like. If I find something secret, I investigate; if I do not, I leave the library in search of the wizard's study or workroom.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 04, 2010, 06:31:19 am »

ok.. not sure if this will work but hey! why not?
take command of the world using dark magic
and no i am not actualy entirly sure what that will do if it works....... but it should be FUN no?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 45: JetSquirrel's luck is very statistically improbable)
« Reply #558 on: February 04, 2010, 09:27:21 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Send the lads out to find the crystal and to come back to me if anything particularly dangerous blocks their path. I meanwhile will look for a comfy chair and a pipe to relax.
[4] You find a suitably comfortable chair(no pipe unfortunately) and order your pirate minions to search the tower. [3] They encounter little trouble... but the little trouble they do find is directly between you and the wizard's study. They report back to you with directions.

Quote from: Jervous
They don't call my Flail 'Headshatter' for nothing! Smash that king's head in!
[5+1] You smash the king's head with your flail! survival:[1] He instantly drops over dead, the kingdom is yours! No, wait, kingship doesn't work like that... You might wanna get out of here, sounds like the guards got ahold of some picks, and will break through any minute now.
flail user(5/8 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
take command of the world using dark magic
[4+1] Your power isn't THAT great, but you do discover that you can manipulate the laws of physics locally in this realm by altering the dark magic that it is formed of.
dark magic(14/32 exp.)

Quote from: Diakron
call my minions to me!
[6] You yell into the woods, calling for your minions. The dwarves barrel through several dead trees, followed by your rum elemental and water elementals. The dwarves then bowl you over, making you a bit dizzy, but inflicting no lasting damage.
dizzy(-1 to mental rolls next turn)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Use my Flesh to Food scroll on one of the fellhounds to turn it into a dog shaped wad of Scooby Snacks.
[6] Reading the runes on the scroll aloud, you transform the first felhound into dog food. Then, just for good measure, you use your scroll of cooking on the food, distracting the other felhound.

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Find a way in my dreams to transport my mind in one of the animals that are nearby liek a squirrel,rat,mouse,bird even a felhounds! and do it!
[2-1] You try to possess another body, but you are too badly injured, and cannot concentrate. Your only chance is to abandon your body altogether and return to the netherworld/abyss/hell/insert-bad-place-here. It will be very hard to return though, as you will have to trick a mortal into summoning you,.

Quote from: Nivm
I grab one of the books cataloging "natural" creature anatomy then do a search for secret doors and the like. If I find something secret, I investigate; if I do not, I leave the library in search of the wizard's study or workroom.
I wasn't really sure what to do about the books you found, it would be pointless to give you a book on a subject you already understood unless it provided some bonus, and your roll wasn't good enough for that. Instead, I gave you something related to both polymorphing, and the creatures found here.(It might be more useful than you think)

[1] You are about to leave the library, when a large monster falls from the ceiling. It looks similar to the monsters you faced earlier, but this one is silver and wears a crown.

[1,2] Erreti changes back to it's "default" form, with no special powers to speak of.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:36:19 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 45: JetSquirrel's luck is very statistically improbable)
« Reply #559 on: February 04, 2010, 09:40:22 pm »

Time to sacrifice...

I magically form a serrated dagger, with which to do the deed.

Lets make this messy.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 04, 2010, 10:52:46 pm »

I understand the use of the books, but since I don't like those kinds of creatures I'll only choose it if it seems particularly appropriate. Also, you failed to update states and inventories (I'm sure I picked up the gold, and assumed I picked out the books), among other errors.

[ ] I take a deep breath, then freeze the metal blob to its core and shatter it with my ebony scimitar. "What ebony scimitar?" "The one that used to be a mop of course."

Is that what the "useless" was to remind me of?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:54:53 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 05, 2010, 12:58:25 am »

where are the water elemantals??

have them extinguish all the fires around here
Back to Mafia with me!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 05, 2010, 01:10:11 am »

will this be the end of Abbadon?

NO
Tell the elder god that if that guy kills me who will finish my debt?all those souls that he could have.tell him to atleast heal me, so i can finish my debt.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 05, 2010, 05:57:19 am »

Tell the pirates that they better start doing push-ups while I go towards the study. Also make sure hte pirates understand that if they are not still doing push ups when I get back I will give them the lightning whipping of a lifetime.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 05, 2010, 09:41:15 am »

ah well it was worth a shot
send all minions (but not the castle) to scout the world and start figuring out how to turn into a shadow (but dont actuly try doing it)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 05, 2010, 02:29:49 pm »

I understand the use of the books, but since I don't like those kinds of creatures I'll only choose it if it seems particularly appropriate. Also, you failed to update states and inventories (I'm sure I picked up the gold, and assumed I picked out the books), among other errors.
...oops. Also, you could use the book for more than just dragon quest monsters(if it wasn't already obvious what this room contains)

Is that what the "useless" was to remind me of?
Sorta, I was wondering why you wanted it.

where are the water elemantals??
They're there, I just forgot to mention them.

Edit: I'm probably gonna update this less often after this weekend, I'll have a lot of school work for a little while.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:37:10 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 05, 2010, 03:29:07 pm »

Loot the corpse and use earth magic to make a direct stairway up to the surface.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 05, 2010, 04:14:25 pm »

I join and recover the fire artifact, seeing as jetsquirrel is... incapacitated?

My character is a human enchanter, quasi-scientific fire-of-human-ingenuity type.  There may be steampunk, there will be goggles, they may or may not do nothing.

I'd like to have a magitech pistol, the kind you have to reload between shots.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:12:56 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 05, 2010, 08:56:02 pm »

I'm not totally sure what other creatures you're referring to, but I guess I should probably read the book before trying to figure out what applies.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 06, 2010, 03:52:11 am »

HEY im not dead yet! the dice decides not you
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 111