Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88621 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 71: WHERE IS YOUR RNG NOW?!)
« Reply #945 on: May 07, 2010, 05:44:21 pm »

fiiiennn

Edited again B:

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 13, 2010, 05:27:00 pm »

I'll post a turn tomorrow(yes, earlier than I said, but I am a MASTER of procrastination!)

Nivm: are you trying to alter the map, or the ship? The map is perfectly readable... it shows the mixed up mess the ship is in.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 14, 2010, 03:30:51 pm »

I thought it was a scrambled map of a scrambled ship, if the map is fine...
 [ ] Navigate to the heart room (or just outside it), then use the magic map to polymorph the entire ship into coherency at once; lumber, engines, and heart. I want a starship, not just a star!
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 72: in which jervous is NOT crushed)
« Reply #948 on: May 15, 2010, 03:23:23 pm »

You get a turn several days eariler than expected! reason: procrastination.

Quote from: Flintus10
Sigh loudly and drag the criminals into an alley before once again giving them a choice between electric death or their leaders location.
[6] You quickly catch up to the thugs and corner them in an alley. After a few more threats the leader reaches into his pocket, hands trembling, and gives you a piece of paper with the boss's current location written on it. The thugs then pass out from fear, you won't be getting anything out of them. Rather pitiful thugs really.

Quote from: Jervous
Get my artifact back and get into goddamn chariot
[6] You glare at Loki for several minutes, your glare angry enough to light fires, as he just ignores you completely. Unable to restrain yourself any more you suddenly run forward and drop-kick Loki in the back of the head. Grabbing your flail, you jump into the chariot that attacked you and receive a happy thought for admiring own artifact flail. What about Loki? What about him? He touched your flail, he deserved it! Your bruised ego heals as you hug your flail, your preciousss...

Quote from: stonemt
go talk to the mages
[3] You teleport to the next hole, seeking to talk to the next circle of mages. Unfortunately, they were waiting for you and in moments you find yourself trapped in a cage of magical energy. They aren't attacking yet though, so you do have a chance to talk.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Teleport Jervous onto the chariot. Not in it, especially not litterally. And epic facepalm.
[3] Jervous gets in on his own, without your help. [1]You can't even manage to facepalm properly. :(

Quote from: Nivm
I attempt to polymorph my magic map into a state of coherency, then navigate to the heart room and ask it if it has a better idea of how it feels now.
[6] You use your map as a guide to move the pieces of the ship around, trying to form a more coherent shape out of them. After some work you think you have everything mostly repaired and much better integrated into a single whole. Before you have a chance to reach the heart room the ship suddenly begins to move on it's own, and a powerful psychic projection of joy assaults your mind.
psychic stress(-1 to actions requiring concentration)

Quote from: rolan7
Obliviously study the fascinating, very magical, flail.
[3] Oh it's very fascinating. A truly amazing piece of work, and covered in enchantments. You are about to try to take it apart when you suddenly hit the ground. Hard. That's not fascinating at all!
minor concussion(-1 to magic)

Quote from: dermonster
And yea, did the man of frost, and his steed of frozen instinct, Did ride to the north, for good or poor!
[5] Riding his frozen mount the man of ice travels the plane of fire! Before long you come across something resembling civilization: A large tower covered in glowing red runes, but with no obvious entrance.

Quote from: diakron
use my GCS as a catalyst to make my Elemental phylactery into a summoning Artifact and enter the fire realm
[5] Noticing that the ice creature has taken your artifact, you decide to make a new one. Using the residual summoning magics of your GCS you enchant your phylactery into a more generalized device. It now increases your summoning skills by a significant amount. You aren't sure it quite qualifies as an artifact yet though...
summoning pseudo-artifact(+1 exp whenever you gain summoning exp, summoned creatures get +1 to attack)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 15, 2010, 03:32:12 pm »

The man of ice did then call upon the power of his ancestors, that they may be able to help them decipher the runes of red!

Examine the runes in layman's terms.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 15, 2010, 03:34:54 pm »

[1]You can't even manage to facepalm properly. :(
I'm having difficulty envisioning this.

Drive us to the fire realm! Along the way, once again try to heal my leg with priest magic.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 15, 2010, 03:36:16 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 15, 2010, 03:38:58 pm »

Understandable... but you did get a 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 15, 2010, 04:03:37 pm »

Heheh, Luki (loo-key, my cat's name) was asking for that.

I think it's been six full turns since I fired mah lazer, so I think the gun's fully charged again right?  Just checking, since it's only 1/3 charged in the statuses.  Not that I'm planning to instagib Jervous and take the flail, haha, I'm really not.  Luki's a wacky transhumanist klepto, not psycho.

Luki apologizes to Leech, then lays back and relaxes until this headache goes away.  Maybe plays with the lonely doggy no one's paying attention to.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 15, 2010, 04:17:35 pm »

Your cat? From your behavior I assumed it was a modified version of Loki, norse trickster god.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 15, 2010, 04:39:01 pm »

I think the first facepalm posted would be a [6].

[ ] I feel happy too, and tell the heart and Tharic that "I fixed it!" I then make my way to the main bridge and get a good look at our bearings. I ask the heart to take us to the city's port.

Are you automatically adding the bonuses again, Dragnar? It's better when we can see what the original roll was, then what effected it.
 Also, the new avatar is decent, but isn't another dragon silhouette...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 15, 2010, 04:43:00 pm »

Are you automatically adding the bonuses again, Dragnar? It's better when we can see what the original roll was, then what effected it.
 Also, the new avatar is decent, but isn't another dragon silhouette...
Nah, but you were the only one to get a bonus(I think) and there's not much reason to type [6+1] when it's the same thing as a 6.

As for the avatar, it's Tracer Bullet from Calvin and Hobbes. I like both this and my old one, but I'm still not sure which one I'm gonna keep.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 15, 2010, 04:46:10 pm »

I see. Who is Tracer Bullet? I know nothing of the character.
 Flint may fry it soon enough, but the paper isn't in his inventory.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 15, 2010, 04:59:56 pm »

Aha! I knew I was forgetting something when I updated the statuses, but I couldn't figure out what.

I see. Who is Tracer Bullet? I know nothing of the character.
...What?! Go read Calvin and Hobbes this instant! It is the greatest comic strip ever! Though it might be tough to find a good archive on the internet, the books are cheap and worth every cent.
An example of one of the earlier comics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, tracer bullet is one of calvin's daydreams, when he feels like being a hard-boiled detective. His other common daydream is Spaceman Spiff, who combats such foul creatures as calvin's parents and teachers.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 15, 2010, 05:09:58 pm »

I can't believe I didn't recognize the Calvin & Hobbes avatar.  "Tracer Bullet" reminds me of "Guy Noir" from the Prairie Home Companion.  Good stuff.

My brother and I named Luki (who we found crying in our yard days after being born) after Loki and Lucifer.  We didn't realize she was female, haha.  Loki spent a lot of time as female animals anyway.  I think he even got pregnant as a horse once.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 111