Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88654 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 70: iron hand)
« Reply #915 on: May 01, 2010, 10:20:59 pm »

"Nice to meet you too, Leech.  And, uh, I presume this wolf belongs to you?  Anyway, if there isn't anything you want me to enchant, I'll just rifle through your pockets okay? Okay!"

Look for enchanted stuff in Jervous's inventory and study it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 01, 2010, 11:02:06 pm »

And lo, did the man of ice, and his companions of frost, enter the portal of flame, and gaze around the new world.
And yes I probably will try to word all actions like this FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER!
And lo, did the GM striketh down the man of ice for being trapped in the middle ages! Not really, for no reason is the greatest reason!

I am a Purveyor of Polymorph! It is my calling! And usually the customer at least gives me some idea of what he wants... I know of Prototype, but found no Hive pictures.
It's like this creepy building, but much smaller and more organic than building.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also prototype is awesome and made of win. In the words of Gaberiel of penny arcade: "You can dropkick a helicopter. What the **** else do you want?!" Also, the story is a three way war between the US army, a zombie apocalypse with an intelligent master, and you. Guess who wins?

It appears, out of the stats that needed to be updated, only mine was.
Huh? I thought I got all of those *checks* huh... oh right, I keep forgetting this new forum software doesn't save changes if I hit back then forward.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 01, 2010, 11:14:02 pm »

Because I just remembered, did you ever decide exactly what level of experience does what? Or even the order? It's odd how Flint's "skilled" is different than Daemon's "skilled" and my "competent" is the same as Luki's "proficient". Have I done that poorly with skill gains?
 I'm going to have to try healing that room, it looks so raw.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 01, 2010, 11:51:31 pm »

Because I just remembered, did you ever decide exactly what level of experience does what? Or even the order? It's odd how Flint's "skilled" is different than Daemon's "skilled" and my "competent" is the same as Luki's "proficient". Have I done that poorly with skill gains?
 I'm going to have to try healing that room, it looks so raw.
The differing "skilled" levels are due to me forgetting to add some extra info to daemon's, and as for luki's "proficient"... I knew I was forgetting a level. He's supposed to be proficient.

Edit: Also, daemon is now "expert", not skilled.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:53:23 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 02, 2010, 01:36:00 am »

all right then..
every one familiar with the room of fountains (silver fountains??) in the jedi temple? think that in black with blood.
form a meditation room and meditate on returning to peak condition
sorta like defrag/rest up for the brain/soul/magic area... if it works... if not i am prolly in deeeeeeeep trouble.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 02, 2010, 04:57:41 pm »

NOOOOO!!! I will not allow my resting place to be disturbed!

Awaken and return my minions to me
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 04, 2010, 07:57:18 pm »

Alright, I might be able to do a turn tomorrow, but after that I am in full study mode fore the next 2 weeks or so. I have got to get good grades on my finals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 04, 2010, 08:57:50 pm »

Aww.  That's a bummer, but you've got your priorities straight.  We'll still be here after your exams are done (:
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 04, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »

Priorities straight? Sure... if I can pry myself away from Mechwarrior 4/dragon age/arx fatalis/the force unleashed. I know what I have to do, not so good at actually getting around to it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 71: WHERE IS YOUR RNG NOW?!)
« Reply #924 on: May 05, 2010, 06:51:47 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Walk over to the thugs and making sure the lightning arm is completely visible politely ask them for the bosses location.
[6] You question the thugs in a very thinly veiled threat of electric death, telling them to give you their boss's location. They stare at you, stare at your arm, stare at you again, then go sprinting out the door.

Quote from: Jervous
I roll onto my back and stand up, then crawl into the chariot and rest.
[1] You try to get up, when the chariot smashes into you again. You think it might have broken your arm this time, but you are starting to get used to it, clearly you have angered a (random number)god somewhere.
injured arm(-1 to dexterity and strength rolls)

Quote from: stonemt
form a meditation room and meditate on returning to peak condition
[4] You begin to meditate, contemplating what is wrong with you. After a bit of thought you think you have determined the problem. Normal creatures are linked to magic innately, their lifeforce serving as an almost unlimited supply of magic that almost always regenerates faster than it can be used. Training enables them to access greater amounts at once but doesn't actually increase their reserves. You are no longer a normal creature, you are composed of pure magic and do not produce more on your own. Your spells are draining you because they are using the super-condensed magic of your body for fuel.
Hey, with that many 6s in a row, you had to know there was gonna be a big drawback at some point.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Chariot moves up and off of him. "I apologize for my horrible flying, but anyways, ya feel like going to the fire plane with us? Thought we'd regroup a little." Finally I try to heal my distressed leg again.
[1] Oops, you just made the chariot movedown instead of up. You must be really distracted right now.

Quote from: Nivm
"Easy to conceal, eh?" I work with his joints and bones, making it so that with great impact (falling, behemoth smack), they will dislocate to absorb the force, and pop back in almost faster than the eye can see. "How does it feel?" A very important polymorpher stock phrase.
[5+1] You alter Tharic's joints and bones to be able to survive massive falls, his skeleton deforming temporarily instead of breaking. Unfortunately you might have been slightly off in your calculations: you suspect that the bones will shift too far out of place and cause problems with his organs if he tests this new ability. Still, he can handle longer falls than before, and the really big ones would be deadly anyway, so it's a net improvement.
polymorpher(9/16 exp.)

Quote from: rolan7
Look for enchanted stuff in Jervous's inventory and study it.
[6] Ooh, SHINY!!! You rummage through Leech's stuff while he is trapped under the chariot, grabbing everything that looks at all magical. You are disappointed to discover most of it is not magical at all, and simply impressively made. One item does stand out though: Leech's flail. I blazes like a torch to magical senses, and though it is clearly enchanted, you cannot even begin to decipher how it was made. Now you might want to give it back; Leech got a rather odd look in his eye when you grabbed the flail.

Quote from: dermonster
And lo, did the man of ice, and his companions of frost, enter the portal of flame, and gaze around the new world.
And lo, did they see a new world! A world of magma and obsidian, inside a hollow sphere.You are quite lucky your ice is magical in origin, otherwise you would be sure to melt in this place.

Quote from: Daikron
Awaken and return my minions to me
[3]And lo, did the frozen man walk once more(maybe I should start all actions like this...) His Giant cave spider returns to it's creator, traveling back through the portal without Derek noticing, but the ice tiger seems attached to it's new master. Mush have something to do with the water artifact you are certain he STOLE from you!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 05, 2010, 07:08:33 pm »

I... I'm laughing my ass off here...
 I'm afraid to do anything more in fear I'll get Jervous killed.

Oh well...

Teleport Jervous onto the chariot. Not in it, especially not litterally. And epic facepalm.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:00:24 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 05, 2010, 07:19:47 pm »

And yea, did the man of frost, and his steed of frozen instinct,

Dermonster cancels post; Brother throwing tantrum.
Dermonster cancels post; Mom smashing Xbox
Dermonster cancels post; Wielding staff against Brother
Dermonster cancels Wield staff; deterred by aunt.
Dermonster cancels stay downstairs; too annoyed.

Did ride to the north, for good or poor!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 05, 2010, 07:20:26 pm »

Yeah, I literally laughed out loud for like 30 seconds.  CRUNCH!  OOH, SHINY!  Oh wow, I'm going to miss this while it's gone, but at least you didn't leave our party with a cliffhanger.

Wait a sec I stole his flail??  Oh hell oh crap oh no

Hm.  As a player I know his character will react strongly.  What would my character do though?

Haha, yeah, I'm going to stay in character.  Luki didn't even help Leech up, much less pay attention to his expressions. 

Obliviously study the fascinating, very magical, flail.
She/they

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 05, 2010, 07:31:52 pm »

Yeah, the rolls could not possibly have turned out funnier that turn.

Dermonster cancels post; Brother throwing tantrum.
Dermonster cancels post; Mom smashing Xbox
Dermonster cancels post; Wielding staff against Brother
Dermonster cancels Wield staff; deterred by aunt.
Dermonster cancels stay downstairs; too annoyed.
Ah, family. The craziest people on the planet, guaranteed.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 05, 2010, 09:45:43 pm »

I'm glad you managed to get one more turn in before your finals. Although I have work as well.

[ ] I attempt to polymorph my magic map into a state of coherency, then navigate to the heart room and ask it if it has a better idea of how it feels now.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 111