Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88646 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 7: a quest in the making!)
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2009, 09:22:21 am »

Go onto the boats

Did I get swimming experience?!?!?!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 01:09:33 pm by Jervous »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2009, 12:35:45 pm »

no, but now that you mention it you probably should have. I'll give you some on the status page.

(next turn soon)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:34:26 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
I will once again try to fly and if successful I will follow the boats.
[5] You once again try to fly using your magic and this time, you actually succeed! By channeling magic back into the cloud you are able to make it grow temporarily, sitting on it gives you a much more controlled method of flight than basically launching yourself out of a cannon. You fly over to the village and wait for everyone else.
flight gained! (can ride on the nimbus cloud artifact of air to fly)
air mage(3/8 exp.)

Quote from: Jervous
Go onto the boats
[1] (geez, you luck seems to be oddly bipolar) You charge toward the boats a little too enthusiastically and trip over a boulder. [2] you land on your head, breaking your nose(-1 to communication until healed). The fisherman helps you get into the boat anyway, you sit in the the back grumbling about your horrible luck.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
catch up with everyone
As you are all about to leave there is a flash of light and a rather scrawny-looking bookworm runs up to you yelling, "wait up! I fell asleep in the portal room, what did I miss?"
Since nothing with any lasting impact has happened, catching him up to speed doesn't take long, and the ever-increasingly amazed fisherman quickly takes you to the village, or at least, he was about to...

Quote from: stonemt
try to make a boat out of dark magic. (if i can make a sword who knows eh?) if i fail get in a boat.. and have my sword follow me.
[1] (aww, I was hoping for you to get a 5, you would have summoned charon to ferry you across, now you get the flying dutchman) You focus on focus on summoning a boat with you dark magics. Suddenly a thick fog forms around the island, and evil laughter can be heard coming from all directions. "Flee foolish mortals, lest ye spent your days at the bottom of the sea!"

Also, don't worry about becoming evil or anything, you will just occasional go mad with power, then snap out of it quickly(like red mage of 8-bit theater, only less obnoxious!).

Quote from: Diakron
hop in boat. practice magic by calming seas as we go
[6] Forget calming the seas! You generate a massive current behind the boat, sending you all flying way past the village before you calm down.
water mage(3/8 exp.)

Quote from: Rashilul
Listen to the old geezers while practicing covering my hands in fire
[1 + 1(no epic fails)] After your rather rapid escape from from the ghost ships, you are much too drenched to work any fire magic, and you feel you should at least be dry before meeting with the leader of this village.

That took longer than expected, I had to re-order the turns several times to account for everything that happened.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2009, 07:48:42 pm »

strengthen water element
Back to Mafia with me!

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2009, 07:57:37 pm »

all right this could go so wrong its not even funny but
BIND THE FLYING DUTCHMAN TO MY WILL!!!with dark magic of course...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2009, 08:30:30 pm »

I SHOOT LASERS FROM MY EYES!

See what I did there?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2009, 08:38:42 pm »

you forgot to change the subject
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2009, 08:44:37 pm »

oops... fixed!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 8: the flying dutchman!)
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2009, 09:24:31 pm »

Try to mend my nose by calling upon the earth magicks in my flail.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2009, 10:02:48 pm »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2009, 06:02:02 am »

Land and impress the villagers with my air magic.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2009, 01:31:00 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Land and impress the villagers with my air magic.
[1 + 1] You try and use your magic to preform some entertaining tricks, but then realize that your magic isn't really very impressive looking, what with it being practically invisible and all.

Quote from: Rashilul
[4] You dry yourself off with a bit of magic, then find your way to the council hall the elders are waiting in. As the elders ramble on about nothing you practice your magic a bit, managing to light your hands on fire without burning them. Next time you get in a fight your can Falcon Punch them into oblivion!
(2/8 exp. for fire mage)

Quote from: Jervous
Try to mend my nose by calling upon the earth magicks in my flail.
[1] You decide to see if your flail can be used to heal yourself... though in hindsight hitting yourself in the face might not have been the best idea. You are unconscious.

Quote from: stonemt
BIND THE FLYING DUTCHMAN TO MY WILL!!!with dark magic of course...
[6] You turn toward the fog, still hovering over the island, and attempt to control it through sheer force of will(and dark magic of course)! Unfortunately, you dd a little too well, breaking the enchantments that had bound it previously. You now control the flying dutchman, but his physical form has crumbled, and his ship rotted away.
(you can now summon the dutchman to terrify any living being, but it cannot fight)
dark magic (2/8 exp)

Quote from: Diakron
strengthen water element
[4] By giving your elemental a small fraction of your powers your are able to give it a new ability. Now it can cause it's fists to freeze solid in battle, producing a much stronger punch.
water elemental no longer has -1 to attack!

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I SHOOT LASERS FROM MY EYES!
[4] YOU SHOOT LASERS FROM YOUR EYES! Laser: a beam of concentrated light that fades very slowly with distance due to all photons being in phase. In other words, you can use you eyes as flashlights/laser sights.
laser vision gained (+1 to hit, can choose to see in the dark, but will auto-fail all stealth rolls while doing so)

Rash finally stops messing around and pays attention as the elders get to something important.

"We have heard your group possesses miraculous magical powers, and believe you might be able to help us. Far to the north, at the source of the river, something has gone wrong with our water supply. More and more fish are found dead, and we will soon run out of food unless something is done. We would like you to go and destroy whatever is polluting our water supply."

(On a side note, this entire world is nothing but this river, there are islands and things in it, and it is larger than some seas on earth, but there is no river bank, or  anything outside of it.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 11:13:44 am by dragnar »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 9: LASER VISION!)
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2009, 03:15:04 pm »

If the geezers are finished, I falcon punch the next villager I see into oblivion.
Jetpack over to the indicated spot.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 04:09:46 pm by Rashilul »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2009, 03:49:00 pm »

Gah! I just realized  forgot to have the elders actually say anything...
I'm gonna update the turn in a second.

Done! Now you actually have a quest.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 04:02:33 pm by dragnar »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2009, 04:37:20 pm »

I ask around this village if there is any place holding arcane teachings.(books and the like)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 111