Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89006 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 50: in which almost everyone overshoots)
« Reply #615 on: February 14, 2010, 04:35:09 pm »

Well... go to the pillar :D
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 51: a dark presence is born...)
« Reply #616 on: February 16, 2010, 03:08:45 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Climb onto the dragons back and try to call forth some incredibly sharp wind-blades to cut through it's neck. Actually it would be more badass to do the lightning arm sword thing to remove it's head.
[6] You leap into the air and crash down onto the dragon's neck [4+1] impaling it through the throat. You strike a heroic pose atop the dragon as it collapses.
air magic(8/32 exp.)
bruising now causes -1 to physical actions(you can move around fine, but won't be moving anything of significant size)

Quote from: Dragon
Survive?
[2] Hmm... nope, not gonna happen. The dragon is dead!

Quote from: Jervous
Keep searching for the elves!
[5] After wandering the forest, you come across a group of druids chanting some sort of spell, they appear to be deep in a trance and do not notice your arrival.

Quote from: stonemt
... LEARN HOW TO DO THAT AGAIN!!!!
[6] Your many bodies split again and again, spreading over the entire city. You are no longer a single entity, and instead have become a huge, decentralized presence, filling the city and still able to use magic to control it. The downside? It's gonna take a while to pull yourself back together, though you think you know how to do so now.
limited-omni-presence(unable to interact with anything without magic but you exist simultaneously in a large area, takes 2 turns to switch between this form and your own)

Quote from: Diakron
go to the pillar
[4] As you approach the pillar a large entrance appears before you. You may enter the (not at all ominous) door, or try to ascend some other way. Whatever your path, your goal is most likely the giant glowing orb on top... especially since it was apparently invisible from a distance.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I start lasering the hell out of Abbadon's chariot.
[5] defense:[1] You successfully laser the hell out of Abbadon's chariot. Literally. He is sent flying as the chariot's evil powers are countered by your light-fueled lasers.
novice light magic

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Launch the fat demon onto the satellite with fire magic propelling it and keep running away
[2+1]You're no physicist, and have no idea how to calculate the trajectory needed to destroy the satalite... not that that's gonna stop you from trying! Predictably, you missed, but the demon is gone... along with most of your chariot.
Clearly you have somehow angered the Random Number God. You must do something to appease it soon or else!

Quote from: Nivm
I charge off down the hall looking for Flint or the study. If I find something hostile with either, I use my momentum to leap and eviscerate it. If I find Flint and/or the pirates I tell them "we need to be out of here, fast."
[4] You find flint posing on top of a dead dragon, and quickly explain to him that the entire tower is going to collapse any time now, and he had better grab everything he needs, then RUN.

[6,5] Erreti shrinks even more, and is now roughly the size of a mouse. It also begins to phase in and out of reality, giving it the ability to pass through walls.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 16, 2010, 03:16:49 pm »

god damnit there is one way into the ground! FIND A CAVE and go in there and block it off with fire magic

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 16, 2010, 04:21:54 pm »

Wait for the spell to end then ask what they were doing.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 16, 2010, 06:25:36 pm »

Loot the room the dragon was guarding and fly out of there! (If my crew members are still doing push-ups then rescue them if not then leave them for themselves.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:28:21 am by Flintus10 »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 16, 2010, 07:41:22 pm »

go inside :P
Back to Mafia with me!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 16, 2010, 08:14:33 pm »

Charge myself some personal shielding(over my body this time). Float overhead with the chariot.

Cannon: FIRE AT ABBADON, burn a hole in whatever place his cowardly husk is hiding.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:03:23 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 16, 2010, 08:39:09 pm »

expand further!!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 18, 2010, 12:38:52 am »

Drat, I'm quite late.

[ ] I tell Erreti to search the walls for secret doors and compartments (intangibility makes that easy) while I start looting the room with Flint (perhaps turning a random useless wooden object into a bag). If some creature happens to be in the room, I dispatch it and add its goodies to the load (along with the dragon's). If there is the wizard, I subdue him and add him to the treasure.

I don't remember if the owner of this tower was meant to be dead or not.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 18, 2010, 06:40:42 pm »

I'm still pretty busy today, so the turn will have to wait til tomorrow.
In hindsight, I should not have finally gotten around to installing cave story while I still had homework to do.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 52: Epic Loot includes monocle)
« Reply #625 on: February 19, 2010, 09:48:07 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Loot the room the dragon was guarding and fly out of there! (If my crew members are still doing push-ups then rescue them if not then leave them for themselves.)
[6] You grab everything that looks even slightly magical, stuff it in a bag and fly out of the tower, yelling at your crew to get out of there quickly(It'll be more exercise than they got while you were gone). After you get outside you search your bag, finding:
1. several unidentified potions
2. a pair of glowing rings
3. numerous magical crystals
4. a monocle(magic? who knows, you grabbed it because it looks distinguished)
5. a scroll of "summon impossible creature"
and a massive pile of junk that isn't nearly as useful as you thought... It's also much heavier than you thought.
tired(-1 to physical rolls for two turns)

Quote from: Jervous
Wait for the spell to end then ask what they were doing.
[5] It soon becomes clear exactly what they are doing: a large portal opens up between them, leading to a dark room with a large, multi-headed creature in the middle. The druids rise, and enter the portal, but not before one offers you a great reward if you help them to slay this abomination.

Quote from: stonemt
expand further!!
[1+1] You start to expand, but stop yourself quickly, sensing that if your spread yourself any more your mind will become sluggish, unable to control such a massive "body".(If it weren't for that +1, all magic would now take 2 turns to cast.)

Quote from: Diakron
go inside
[6] You recklessly smash through the door, charging right into the middle of a group of evil elves(a bit redundant, but you know what I mean). Your minious follow after you and before long a massive battle has begun.
If you want I could try something different for this fight. Since there are many units on each side, you could instead fight on a grid like this:
++++++++++
++++++++++
+++dWd++++
++ddUdd+++
+++www++++

Everything would still be decided by d6's, but better tactics could be used and the distances between units would be more concrete.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Charge myself some personal shielding(over my body this time). Float overhead with the chariot.

Cannon: FIRE AT ABBADON, burn a hole in whatever place his cowardly husk is hiding.
[5] You create a strong shield around yourself, and even give it the ability to switch to being strong against either magic or physical attacks at will.
[4] Your cannon fires at Abaddon as he runs into a cave, [5-2(heavy cover)] but it isn't powerful enough to break through the stone above him.
shield(+1 against all attacks, +2 against an attack type of your choice)

Quote from: jetsquirrel
god damnit there is one way into the ground! FIND A CAVE and go in there and block it off with fire magic
A suggestion: with that chariot, SHAD0Wdump cannot really be escaped, only slowed down, you're gonna have to fight eventually, better it be in a place of your choosing.
[3+1] You finally reach a cave and quickly throw up a barrier to block off the entrance.
healing: [6] Finally out of immediate danger, your body shuts down, devoting all available resources to healing.
healing coma(almost fully healed next turn, but cannot make any action unless woken up)

Quote from: Nivm
I tell Erreti to search the walls for secret doors and compartments (intangibility makes that easy) while I start looting the room with Flint (perhaps turning a random useless wooden object into a bag). If some creature happens to be in the room, I dispatch it and add its goodies to the load (along with the dragon's). If there is the wizard, I subdue him and add him to the treasure.
seeing as flintus already took just about everything, I'm gonna have to get creative here...
[6] Since flintus has made off with all objects that appear magical and/or shiny, you decite to take everything. You find:
1. a book of glyphs and wards(meaning pre-made glyphs, not a book detailing their creation)
2. a sticky-note labled "I prepared explosive ru..." You are bright enough to stop reading there.
3. This device.(that explains where the wizard went...) It's bolted to the floor though.
4. a tophat(This looks like it will go well with that monocle Flint found!)
5. looks like Flint forgot about the dragon, you find 300 more gold by it's corpse.
6. for the grand finale you shrink all of the funriture down and stuff it in your pack
In addition, Erreti finds a secret passage that leads to several small airships, not nearly as large as the pirate's ship, but still serviceable.
polymorpher(7/8 exp.)

[6] Erreti remains exactly as it is... and seems to be staying that way.(geez three 6's in a row for retaining powers, shapshifting ability = gone)

Time for an update on the status of the planes:
Water:You guys pretty much killed this one, unless you wanna explore an empty ocean.
Fire: ?????
light: ?????
air: monster-pirate on the loose, tower collapsing soon. *ground begins to shake*
dark: a circular swamp surronded by a city. huge castles are spaced evenly around the swamp.
earth: dwarves problems solved, elves are dealing with a blighted forest spreading from a huge tower. Some elves have been corrupted by the tower

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 19, 2010, 10:11:03 pm »

Charge the beast!!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 19, 2010, 10:15:55 pm »

Wear the rings and the monicle and head back to the airship to see if we can install the crystals.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 20, 2010, 05:06:38 am »

Flint, are you sure you want to wear-identify the rings? For all you know they are a pair of life-binding rings the wizard had been making for some married couple.

[ ] I call to the entire tower (with possible telekinetic augmentation [or telepathy]) that "anyone who doesn't want to die needs to get to the study, doubletime!" I then start getting the largest ship ready to leave; taking the help of my shipmates when they come. If hostiles come (probably), I'll dispatch them by dumping them off the dock.

Also, I now have a bunch of super-dense objects in my pack and I can still walk.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 07:31:03 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 20, 2010, 06:12:18 am »

It would be less fun to actually test them.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 111