Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89015 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 49: Still alive... EVEYTHING is still alive)
« Reply #600 on: February 10, 2010, 04:15:51 pm »

oh i thought i had to write it 2 my bad

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 10, 2010, 04:21:55 pm »

Eh... maybe it just sounds like he's doing alot.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 11, 2010, 01:28:05 am »

actually i did 2 things
a. Im running away
b> im trying to crack open the earth and let magma come out of it

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 11, 2010, 01:15:25 pm »

Research into the reason this forest is dead
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 13, 2010, 12:35:07 pm »

Got my school work out of the way for now, I'll update later today.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 13, 2010, 07:16:03 pm »

The turn will be up shortly, but first, here are the rolls for this turn: 1,1,2,5,6,6,6,6,6 (enemies rolls included)
 :o :o :o :o
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 50: in which almost everyone overshoots)
« Reply #606 on: February 13, 2010, 07:44:48 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
use the lightning whip and lash the dragons eyes.
[1+1] You try once more to attack the dragon, but it's ready for you this time, and knocks your whip out of the way with the tip of it's tail.

Quote from: Dragon
kill!
[6] The dragon charges, attempting to simply smash you againt a wall. [2+1] You fail to get out of the way in time, and both you and the dragon crash through the wall, knocking the wind out of the dragon, and busing you pretty badly.
bruised(penalties won't apply til after the fight, yay adrenaline!)

Quote from: Jervous
Search the forests for civilization.
[2] Well, you know the elves are out there somewhere(not sure if a bunch of cannibal tree-huggers counts as civilization, but oh well), so you set out to find some- the dwarves certainly won't be of any help to you.

Quote from: stonemt
explore the city
[6] You are temporarily paralyzed by indecision, unable to decide where to go. Then, by some proccess you don't understand(and therefore cannot reverse) your shadowy form spreads out, splitting into a dozen or more smaller shadows, each heading for a different area of the city. Most of your bodies find little of interest, unable to actually interact with any of the people they find, but a few find giant castles, pitch-black and evenly spread out alound the ring.

Quote from: Diakron
Research into the reason this forest is dead
[6] Now, you're no scientist, but looking around, you would guess it has something to do with the large multi-colored pillar in the center of the dead area. Looking at it you feel an instinctive, primal urge to run, to get as far away from there as possible.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
My chariot chases him down while I use a scroll of demon summoning to summon a really-big-fat-heavy-useless-for-anything-other-than-dead-weight demon on Jetsquirrel's chariot.
[6] You summon a demon of gluttony in the chariot, causing it to slow down greatly, but not actually breaking it. It should be trivial to catch up to... that wall of fire might slow you down a bit though...nah! You charge through the wall of flame, emerging completely unscathed due to your... great, the shields broke. Those didn't take nearly as much punishment as you though they would!(overshot = complete loss of common sense)

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Let the earth split in 2 just behind my chariot to prevent him from following and let magma come out of it and HEAL!
[5]You create a great crack in the earth, then draw magma up from the depths, your magic changing it to a wall of flame, blocking passage of anything not fire-proof.
healing:[6] The heat of the magma seems to trigger a change in your body, accelerating your healing and restoring your strength. You're still nowhere near recovered, but you should be able to function normally for a little while, before this strength wears off.
competent fire magic(+1 to fire magic rolls)

Quote from: Nivm
I run out into the hall, tear a brick out of the wall, and throw said highly unstable mess at the liquid metal blob before ducking behind the other wall.
[1]You run out into the hall, rip a brick out of the wall... and whack yourself in the head with it. Nice job genius.
Headache(-1 to mental actions next turn)

Quote from: Metabble
spread
[6]The blob begins to spread out, devouring the floorboards as it goes. Soon it has covered the entire floor... which of course collapses, taking the thing with it. The fight is over, but you might want to get out of this town before it gets any bigger.

Erreti jumps out of the room before it is totaly destroyed, [6,2] it appears to have calmed down during the fight and instead shapeshifted into a small rodent-like creature.(rolled a 1 on new powers last turn, potion of baleful polymorph!)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:55:47 am by dragnar »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 13, 2010, 08:07:09 pm »

The chariot shall simply plow through the wall of fire, the shields should absorb it... *looks at statuses*, wait... Where's my shields?
 If the chariot somehow lost its shields, well SHIELDS UP! Otherwise I start lasering the hell out of Abbadon's chariot.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 13, 2010, 09:31:06 pm »

It would have been nice to get any of those sixes for the grenade-brick roll. I am going to hope those blobs have a nuclei based limit on how far they can spread, but it sounds like I just "activated the self destruct mechanism".

[ ] I charge off down the hall looking for Flint or the study. If I find something hostile with either, I use my momentum to leap and eviscerate it. If I find Flint and/or the pirates I tell them "we need to be out of here, fast."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 12:11:51 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 13, 2010, 10:23:12 pm »

Climb onto the dragons back and try to call forth some incredibly sharp wind-blades to cut through it's neck. Actually it would be more badass to do the lightning arm sword thing to remove it's head.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:02:35 pm by Flintus10 »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 13, 2010, 10:26:45 pm »

Keep searching for the elves!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 13, 2010, 10:35:20 pm »

*emerges from nowhere*

I hope the Dragon eats Flintus.

*disappears forever*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 13, 2010, 11:35:43 pm »

... LEARN HOW TO DO THAT AGAIN!!!!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 14, 2010, 01:53:15 am »

The chariot shall simply plow through the wall of fire, the shields should absorb it... *looks at statuses*, wait... Where's my shields?
 If the chariot somehow lost its shields, well SHIELDS UP! Otherwise I start lasering the hell out of Abbadon's chariot.

What?! My notepad file version of your turn is about twice as long, and mentions the shields... just a second.

It would have been nice to get any of those sixes for the grenade-brick roll. I am going to hope those blobs have a nuclei based limit on how far they can spread, but it sounds like I just "activated the self destruct mechanism".
Yes, the monster just graduated from "annoying, hard to kill enemy" to "grey goo".
That's actually not at all how I expected that battle to go... I thought the slime would be down in two, three turns max.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:59:18 am by dragnar »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 14, 2010, 03:52:49 am »

Launch the fat demon onto the sattelite with fire magic proppeling it and keep running away
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 111