Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89035 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 33: conflict!)
« Reply #390 on: December 11, 2009, 12:49:39 am »

it will be a matter conversion, uses spare stone, wood, magma, what evers handy
Back to Mafia with me!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 11, 2009, 03:12:41 am »

Shrug and agree to help. And try and get the damn staff working again.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2009, 04:08:01 am »

...drat i wanted to kill some stuff..
turn all available souls (not mine..) corpses and any surviving elves into DM exp
if thats not an exeptable move please let me know so i can change it

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 12, 2009, 09:59:57 am »

I pretend to have a fey mood and grab a bunch of different materials, like cloth and wood. Grab the strongest bars in the stockpiles, aswell and bring them back to my workshop.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 12, 2009, 01:26:36 pm »

...drat i wanted to kill some stuff..
turn all available souls (not mine..) corpses and any surviving elves into DM exp
if thats not an exeptable move please let me know so i can change it
Well, I'll let you get up to double normal exp for it, so 4 for 4/6 and 6 for a 5.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 15, 2009, 02:06:00 pm »

Yay! The majority of my studying for exams is over! I'll post the turn in a few hours.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 15, 2009, 05:43:47 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Shrug and agree to help. And try and get the damn staff working again.
[3]Seeing no other option, you agree to join the pirates, who quickly place an armband on you to stop all air element spellcasting, just to make sure you can't escape. While they spread out in search of a new ship you try to get your staff working again, but it looks like the only fix is time. [6] 2 turns to be exact, this thing charges fast!

Quote from: Jervous
I pretend to have a fey mood and grab a bunch of different materials, like cloth and wood. Grab the strongest bars in the stockpiles, aswell and bring them back to my workshop.
[2] The dwarves are not fooled, you aren't whining for the turtle shells they just ran out of! Luckily eccentric behavior is tolerated in legendary craftsmen and you gather [4][6] an entire bin of cloth, [2] a bit of low quality cat leather, [1] some elven weapons, and [3] a few bars of iron.

Quote from: stonemt
[4] The elves are long gone by now, but you decide to turn the corpses into dark power for yourself. The last traces of life are drained from the corpses as they begin to crumble to dust, and interestingly enough, you actually draw power from several of the trees in the area. It seems the elven tradition of naming trees is not wholly pointless, a few of these trees have souls. Before long the area around you is devoid of most life, the animals have fled and the plants withered.
dark magic (4/32 exp.)

Quote from: Diakron
I make the log multiply and enchant them to do so every 2 minutes as long as there is space for then to do so.
[4]You place an enchantment on the last of the logs, causing them to absorb any non-living organic matter in the room to multiply. You are truly a hero to the dwarves now, their trade problems solved, and the group that has been following you around swears fealty to you!
...Now stop breaking my railroad!
water magic(12/16 exp.)
dwarven squad is now minions!

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Mount my chariot, racing across the sky, while I cover the chariot with a protective shield of light.
[6] Abadon suddenly stops moving, you use this opening to quickly hop into your chariot and fly away. You might have gone a little far though... which way was down again?

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Ask the elder Death god to immobilize that mortal for a ceremy to be offered to him, in meantime to keep him busy, do a firebreath in a 180 degrees angle.
[1]You pray to the god that gave you your chariot to help you strike this man down... And your only response is laughter. "Now where's the fun in that?! I seek enjoyment, not sacrifice. In fact, you're winning a little too easily, let's even the odds a bit." Suddenly you find yourself unable to move at all! SDAD0Wdump flies away as you look on helplessly. Movement is restored to you as soon as he is out of sight.

Quote from: Nivm
I stop the growth of my hand with a small spell (non-sight for act? sight for result?), then try to gain control over where the cloud is centered
spells are treated as purely mental actions(with the exception of especially strong ritual-like spells, ex. stonemt's flying castle, which took two actions), so sight won't matter in this case.
[4] You first cast a spell, stopping the growth of your altered hand, then [5]finally manage to regain control over your telekinesis. You not only manage to move the dust cloud away from yourself, but can make it cease altogether!
hand's final stats(+1 to strength checks with this hand, +1 to resisting damage to it)
dust cloud now completely controlled
novice polymorpher(3/4 exp.)

How does everyone like this so far? I think I've improved a good deal from the beginning.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:14:25 pm by dragnar »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 34: elder god? DENIED)
« Reply #397 on: December 15, 2009, 06:43:36 pm »

Time for that shield...

Also, I'm enjoying this quite well.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2009, 07:53:14 pm »

I am hoping it's a fluke; shouldn't I have gained one point of experience for that? I recall when one with an artifact rolls of a four they get two experience points (although I also wonder why no experience is gleaned from failures).

[ ] I position the cloud between me and the pirates, then loot the pirate ship; I'll take a little gold, but I'm mostly looking for gems, salts, extracts, and potions (I do hope those didn't break everywhere). Depending on what looks plausible (broken fire potion, collapsed room), I'll make it look like the stuff I've taken was destroyed. If that went quickly, I'll start hauling all remaining, useful supplies into a pile for when the pirates get back.

(Sd, why else would we be playing?)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:19:30 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2009, 07:57:39 pm »

I am hoping it's a fluke; shouldn't I have gained one point of experience for that? I recall when one with an artifact rolls of a four they get two experience points (although I also wonder why no experience is gleaned from failures).
I knew I was forgetting something. I lost part of the turn and had to retype it, thought I'd missed something but didn't know what.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2009, 08:05:58 pm »

Nivm
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm fairly tired, but shouldn't these numbers be added? And while it's up, why is my rank in polymorphic magic in my inventory? Can I hit things with it to increase the skill level?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »

...I hate exams. Stupid brain drain.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 15, 2009, 08:48:23 pm »

I'm pretty slow too; I only now noted (hopefully) one last error. My mop (or was it broom?) is gone; that thing is more useful than you might think to me.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 32: The fortress of DOOOOM!)
« Reply #403 on: December 15, 2009, 09:33:05 pm »

If my dust cloud conceals me enough that I can walk up to any shipmate without the others noticing, go to 1. If not, go to 2.

1. I drop my mop, grab the most confused looking ship mate by the cuff with one hand, then use the other hand to blast him with polymorphic energies to make an eldritch monster; optionally bound to my will. "And you thought I had the most useless skills on the boat."

2. Concentrate to get my telekinetics under control; at least enough so I can turn the dust could to my advantage.
You dropped it several turns back, you could pick it back up as part of your action, but it's gone for now.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2009, 01:16:09 am »

go to the king and tell him that i have solved his problem about tower caps, just leave all that pesky stones next to your tower caps and they will make more.
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 111