Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88978 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 30: a deal with a devil...)
« Reply #330 on: November 28, 2009, 09:43:08 am »

On the elemental, I meant to point out the fact that the elemental should have become larger from that action because he was adding water to it. The first action while it was liquid implies the result for the second action while it was solid.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 28, 2009, 08:09:56 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Turn the airship into some kind of screaming mash of wreckage and bodies.
[6]Currently rather paranoid after seeing the state of the city, you attack the airship, sending massive bolts of lightning at it until you are about to collapse from exhaustion. defense roll: [1] The propulsion systems are shredded like paper, and the entire airship is dotted with scorched holes. It begins to fall toward the city, and crashes into one of the nearby buildings. Looking at the wreckage, it appears that is was indeed a pirate ship, but it was far too small to have caused the destruction of this city.
air magic(14/16 exp.)

Quote from: Jervous
I keep digging until I get to the iron, but digging through the gold first.
[3] You manage to reach a gold deposit, and mine out a small amount. [5] It seems extremely pure, you could probably use it without even refining it first!
novice miner(2/4 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
scrap my zombie minions to make a DM amp.. if thats not allowed use them to turn my floating board into a floating citadel of doom
[4] Deciding that that's enough silliness for now, you draw the dark power out of your zombie army and focus it in your ring. You feel the dark power flowing from the artifact increase, you feel that you could do incredible things with this power, but it will work only two times before the ring returns to normal. (basically, your ring will now let you preform two truly epic feats of dark magic, like that floating castle you were planning to make)
dark magic(2/32 exp.)

Quote from: Diakron
tell the dwarfs to bring me to their fortress, and to ignore the icy thing following
[3] You finally manage to get the dwarves attention after the zombies stop dancing, after some quick introductions, they take you to their fortress, and tell you that their king would like too see you once you are done looking around. Also, do not touch any levers, EVER.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I ride my new chariot of awesome down to the recently summoned zombie horde all the while the harpists break it down with some totally righteous tunes!
You hop on your chariot and ride down to the zombies, [3] the harpists are shocked when they all collapse suddenly and compose an epic ballad about your greatness. They even manage to convince you that you killed them all!

Quote from: jetsquirrel
WOOHOO ACCEPT IT!
consequences: [3] The elder god laughs, and conjures up a chariot of evil for you, menacing with spikes of fire(somehow), and makes your felhounds larger to pull it, though they will return to normal once unhitched. The easiest way to describe it is if ghost rider had a chariot instead of a motorcycle. The price? The dark god requires that you use this power to slay a large number of good creatures, he'll tell you when you're done...
Evil chariot(can trample foes with a +1 to attack, lights anything it strikes on fire, and makes lesser foes flee before you)

Quote from: Nivm
check to see how body is holding up
A draconic humanoid is one of the only survivors of the crashing airship, he appears to have been a relatively low-ranking pirate based on his attire, and

Crawling out of the wreckage, you check yourself over for any major injuries. [4] Your claws and armor are pretty badly battered, but the damage is mainly superficial, [6] you seem to have hit your head pretty hard though, and your psychic powers are on the fritz, kicking up a small dust-cloud around you. That's gonna make it a lot harder to see until you can do something about it... [auto-5] Your chemical stores seem to be unharmed(luckily) and you estimate you have about 4 uses of acid, 3 of a napalm-like substance, and 5 of a gas that is extremely damaging to the eyes of most creatures.

Quote from:  surviving pirates
regroup
[3] They don't get much done, but they determine that there are only about 5 of them left, the highest ranking survivor being the first-mate.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 28, 2009, 09:14:24 pm »

bah why go small?
use both uber charges to create a unholy floating doom castle of ultimate TERROR!!!b]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:18:42 pm by stonemt »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2009, 09:45:21 pm »

race: Draconic
Does this mean I got real dragon material to work with as opposed to just using it as a design?

Since I appear to be out (where could I have used it up?) I start extracting nitrogen from the air when I breathe and compressing it in the appropriate chamber. If beginning this process does not take to much of my concentration, I will also see how well the dust could conceal my actions from the other ship mates.

Will you roll for success or how long it will take on the bolded part?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:01:31 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2009, 10:05:25 pm »

race: Draconic
Does this mean I got real dragon material to work with as opposed to just using it as a design?
That was just the closest thing I could think of to call your character, if you have a better name I'll use that.

Will you roll for success or how long it will take on that one?
hmm... Well since it would be sorta impossible to find a place without nitrogen in the air, I'll roll for how long it will take.(except for on a one)

Since I appear to be out (where could I have used it up?)
How do you think you survived the crash?! It was in intricate plan involving a bag of holding, an immovable rod, a potrable hole, and an ice spell, but you didn't have the ice spell. ;D
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 29, 2009, 01:06:10 am »

Loot the pirate ship

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 29, 2009, 04:13:59 am »

Ride in my chariot finding any mortals,creatures to slay with Trample them with my chariot ,Let THEM BURN!, CAST A FEW FIRESPEARS AT THEM! AND LET MY FELHOUNDS EAT THEM!!!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 29, 2009, 04:18:50 am »

Ride to the Dwarves and dismount, asking them about this relm.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 29, 2009, 11:25:43 am »

Make the gold ore into a golden crown!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 29, 2009, 11:54:11 am »

I expected you would just use the "race" I placed in the character sheet. "Anthropomorphic dragon looking thing" describes it well in multiple ways: in that it conveys the dragon relation is only in appearance; that it is unnatural, and it does not actually have a race (supplemented by profession); and that it can preform general humanoid tasks (like opening doors, tying knots, sitting at a table).

I laughed at the intricate plan. I assume that all the other items were used up in construction of the safe pocket dimension?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 29, 2009, 01:49:09 pm »

I expected you would just use the "race" I placed in the character sheet. "Anthropomorphic dragon looking thing" describes it well in multiple ways: in that it conveys the dragon relation is only in appearance; that it is unnatural, and it does not actually have a race (supplemented by profession); and that it can preform general humanoid tasks (like opening doors, tying knots, sitting at a table).
Sure I'll change it back to that, much less misleading(speaking of which, where is the name from? The only "Malak" I know of is Darth Malak.)

I laughed at the intricate plan. I assume that all the other items were used up in construction of the safe pocket dimension?
But of course, it would have been true genius to save yourself without using them up!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 29, 2009, 02:12:47 pm »

I am not sure about the name, it seemed extremely familiar to me right after a wrote it, like a character I knew very well at some point. Perhaps an evil mage of the antagonistic flavor. I asked to see if anyone immediately recognized it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 29, 2009, 02:59:41 pm »

Have you ever played Knights of the old republic? Like I said, Darth Malak is the only time I have ever heard that name.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 29, 2009, 03:33:37 pm »

find the booze stockpile and add booze to my elemental.
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 01, 2009, 05:10:55 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Loot the pirate ship
[2] You start toward the pirate ship, but notice the small gathering of survivors and duck into hiding nearby.

Quote from: Jervous
Make the gold ore into a golden crown!
[3] You don't have any tools to forge the gold, but you do draw up some plans for a [6] crown worthy of royalty. The plans also call for 3 gemstones of any kind.
Royal crown plans made!

Quote from: stonemt
use both uber charges to create a unholy floating doom castle of ultimate TERROR!!!
[4] You call on every creature that has ever died in the area, forcing them to rise out of the ground and into the air! Hundreds, then thousands of corpses float before you, before coming together into a large floating castle. [4] The castle is not sentient, but it can obey your mental commands, moving or reshaping itself as you see fit, even changing to appear to be made from normal materials. The only problem is going to be getting it out of this plane, it's not gonna fit through those portals, that's for sure.
Undead fortress gained! (can reshape self to inspire either fear or awe in bystanders, safe place to rest and recover/brood on dark throne)

Quote from: Diakron
find the booze stockpile and add booze to my elemental.
[4] You use your powers to temporarily liquefy your elemental, thrown the nearest barrel of booze on it(they're everywhere!), anf freeze it again. Your booze elemental(rum to be more specific) is now followed by a large cluster of dwarves wherever it goes.
Ice elemental is now rum elemental

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Ride to the Dwarves and dismount, asking them about this relm.
[6]You fly off to the dwarves and ask them to tell you everything they know about this place. It seems that this realm is composed of two halves, one covered in vegetation, one in mountains. The dwarves cover this half almost entirely, and they all devolve into a gibbering rage when pressed about the inhabitants of the forest region. They then go on to tell you all the long and boring names of every hill, valley, and fortress in the area, [5] But you not only manage to remain awake, you think you can locate anything in the area very quickly!
knowledge of the area gained!

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Ride in my chariot finding any mortals,creatures to slay with Trample them with my chariot ,Let THEM BURN!, CAST A FEW FIRESPEARS AT THEM! AND LET MY FELHOUNDS EAT THEM!!!
[5] You decide not to attack your teammates(yet), and fly your chariot off in the direction with the greatest density of plant life, torching several animals along the way. before long you have caused a rather large forest fire, and hear a voice in your head "A good start, now keep working".

Quote from: Nivm
I start extracting nitrogen from the air when I breathe and compressing it in the appropriate chamber.
[2] You begin extracting nitrogen from the air, but it seems that there is an abnormally high concentration of oxygen in this plane, and it will take some time.
You will gain one use of nitrogen-based attacks every 3 turns.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 07:59:31 pm by dragnar »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 111