Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88966 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 30: a deal with a devil...)
« Reply #315 on: November 24, 2009, 08:50:58 am »

why am i always the only 1 that makes deals with devil,teamkill people accidently and do more retarded actions that mostly bring my life into danger but make me cool looking?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 24, 2009, 09:34:44 am »

You're too late, Jetsquirrel already got that slot... You could join anyway, but you wouldn't get one of the elemental artifacts that double the rate you learn that element of magic at.
I'd like to join then, I don't care very much about the artifacts. Also, if you have the Mirrored Path magic, why not Self magic too (Mind, Body, and Spirit)?
I I have the what now?

Oh, and unless you drop me in a really bad situation my command is check to see how body is holding up (armour scales, telekinetic equipment in horns, chemical stores [napalm, liquid gas, acid], and claw strength). Odds are at least one part of me is in bad condition.
hmm... lets see, natural armor, telekinesis, chemical breath attack(I think that's what you meant anyway), and claws. You're gonna have some weaknesses to make up for all that.
Also, you get the free 5 on any one roll I gave SHADOWdump, the rule is going to be one for every twenty turns that have passed.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 24, 2009, 09:45:08 am »

Also, you get the free 5 on any one roll I gave SHADOWdump, the rule is going to be one for every twenty turns that have passed.
Wait... I have that?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 24, 2009, 11:05:18 am »

Wait... I have that?
oops, wrote that WAY too early in the morning, Jetsquirrel has that, sorry.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 24, 2009, 03:27:10 pm »

I keep digging until I get to the iron, but digging through the gold first.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 24, 2009, 04:09:38 pm »

I'd like to use the [5] on the chemical stores then, considering I will die spectacularly if they lose containment. Also, they may be used as breath, but if the claws and tail spike are functioning correctly they can be sprayed from there as well. After I deplete the stores of each chemical, I'll need to eat and drink to replenish them. However normal food can only replenish the acids, as those are easy to make.

Light and Dark magic make up the Mirrored Path, each the opposite of the other. Everyone knows the interactions of Elemental Magic. But Self magic is a bit less common (or less commonly called that), and it takes the place of healing...mostly. It also includes persuasion and control in Mind, luck based magic in Spirit, and poison in Body.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 04:26:29 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 24, 2009, 05:47:54 pm »

So "self magic" is basically the more... subtle, side of magic?

I'd like to use the [5] on the chemical stores then, considering I will die spectacularly if they lose containment. Also, they may be used as breath, but if the claws and tail spike are functioning correctly they can be sprayed from there as well. After I deplete the stores of each chemical, I'll need to eat and drink to replenish them. However normal food can only replenish the acids, as those are easy to make.
That sounds much more balanced than what I was thinking! That should work fine, though you won't have much equipment to start out with due to the your natural weapons/armor.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 24, 2009, 10:46:11 pm »

ummm no overshoots for me thank you very much
scrap my zombie minions to make a DM amp.. if thats not allowed use them to turn my floating board into a floating citadel of doom

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 25, 2009, 12:13:37 am »

tell the dwarfs to bring me to their fortress, and to ignore the icy thing following
Back to Mafia with me!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 25, 2009, 12:31:47 am »

Well, it really just puts a name to the magic priests tend to have; like curing insanity (mind), removing fear and paralyzation (mind), giving incredible accuracy or concentration (mind), regeneration and curing wounds (body), removing poison and curing disease (body), giving great speed or strength (body), making one exhibit heroism (spirit), raising the dead or completely resurrecting them (spirit), summoning a guardian angel to make dieing hurt less or prevent it (spirit)...I was pointing out the parts of it that aren't noticed as much; like you can't have healing without harm.
 Sorry for the tirade on this, I wasn't expecting anyone to not know what I was talking about.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 25, 2009, 01:00:40 am »

That's fine, I've just never heard of that sort of magic having a specific name, strange considering how much fantasy I read. A lot of that will overlap with light, but sure, sounds interesting.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 27: what did that poor town ever do to you?)
« Reply #326 on: November 25, 2009, 03:55:01 am »

A random note:
Quote from: Diakron
use all the water here to strengthen my water elemental
[2+1] You begin the process of making your elemental larger, trying to make it absorb more water from it's surroundings. It does grow a bit, but it seems that it doesn't possess enough power to control a body much larger than the one it has, and any additional water just falls off.
practice using my ice elemental to store a supply of water to use is situation where little to no water will be found.
[2] You try to use your ice elemental as a container for water, but it is impossible to prevent water placed inside it from freezing and becoming a part of it.

I know they were low roles, but that could have made more sense...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 27: what did that poor town ever do to you?)
« Reply #327 on: November 25, 2009, 04:13:56 pm »

A random note:
use all the water here to strengthen my water elemental
[2+1] You begin the process of making your elemental larger, trying to make it absorb more water from it's surroundings. It does grow a bit, but it seems that it doesn't possess enough power to control a body much larger than the one it has, and any additional water just falls off.
practice using my ice elemental to store a supply of water to use is situation where little to no water will be found.
[2] You try to use your ice elemental as a container for water, but it is impossible to prevent water placed inside it from freezing and becoming a part of it.

I know they were low roles, but that could have made more sense...
Technically it did change from a water elemental to an ice elemental between those two actions, so it behaved very differently. It takes a lot less power to hold a solid body together than a liquid one.

Also, I might not have an internet connection for the next few days, so it might be a while before the next update

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 25, 2009, 07:16:42 pm »

i'm adding booze to it when i find the DF
Back to Mafia with me!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 28, 2009, 04:33:44 am »

Turn the airship into some kind of screaming mash of wreckage and bodies.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 111