Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88820 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 20: loot)
« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2009, 12:37:52 am »

Training in arcane magic? It's not of a specific element,but I consider teleportation to be arcane or possibly light. I basically see it as 'neutral' magic.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 20, 2009, 03:45:27 am »

I shall head back to the town and get my reward!
(A staff that amplifies lighting)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2009, 06:48:19 pm »

still waiting for Jervous...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2009, 02:40:34 pm »

Sorry I just really don't know what to say.

Go to the place which I need to to fix the water supply unless it was already done, if so rest and hone my flail skills and such

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2009, 05:22:35 pm »

Jervous: You were all on a quest to remove a taint from the water supply. Then you all fixed it by killing the giant chaos monster, and the poison sphere that was causing the taint. In other words: your quest is done, everyone gets a reward.

(also, turn soon)

You rolled all fives and one six...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:56:11 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2009, 06:44:40 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
I shall head back to the town and get my reward!
(A staff that amplifies lighting)
[5] You request an enchanted staff of lightning. The elders produce a large steel staff, pulsing with electricity, and say that it serves as an unlimited reservoir of power, increasing the strength of any lighting based spells many times over. If used as a weapon, it will shock any foe it touches.
Staff of lightning obtained(strengthens lightning magic, struck foes must roll to avoid stunning)
one warning- overshots with this thing will be bad.

Quote from: Rashilul
I WANNA MAGIC'L ITEM THATHS ON FIRE AN'THS THARP!!!!
[6] The elders, unable to determine if you wanted something sharp, or a harp, decide to give you both, just in case. They hand you a harp, playing a single note will produce a weapon, but a song can summon forth a storm of weaponry, attacking on it's own as long as the song continues. They do warn however, that the energy for this device comes not from it, but from you. Using it too often will exhaust you, and in any case, you cannot use fire magic the turn after you play it.
Battle harp obtained(can summon weapons to be wielded, or controlled magically, but is tiring, and disables fire magic the turn after use)

Quote from: Jervous
rest and hone my flail skills and such
[5] Oblivious to everything going on around you, you find a rock formation and begin striking it with your flail. It's so easy, you turn the rock formation into a statue of yourself wielding your flail!
flail user(2/8 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
have the dutchman go through and explore while i go to the village to get novice earth magic! soon i shall be able to transform my self!!
[5] You send the dutchman to see what lies beyond each chest, then walk back to the village. after hearing of the reward from the others, you head for the magical institute to master earth magic.
novice earth magic gained!
(the dutchman will return in two turns, I suggest everyone be ready to leave by then)

Quote from: Diakron
i wants a magical item that guards the summoned allies
[5] You feel worried about the elementals your team has summoned, and ask for something to defend them. The elders think for a moment, then send for a powerful enchanter. He creates what is essentially a phylactery, bound to all of your currently summoned minions. If they are destroyed, they will begin reforming near it, how long it takes will depend on how completely they were destroyed.
All summons (ecxept the dutchman, but he's immortal anyway) bound to the phylactery.
Elemental phylactery obtained

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Training in arcane magic? It's not of a specific element,but I consider teleportation to be arcane or possibly light. I basically see it as 'neutral' magic.
[5] That will work. You walk back to the magical institute and take one of the more practical classes they offer: arcane magic.
novice arcane magic gained!

Arcane magic covers all utility spells that don't fall under any other schools of magic. Similar to the arcane magic from zangband. Things like teleportation, simple divination spells, that "flesh to food" spell you found, and similar effects.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 21: so. many. fives.)
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2009, 08:12:41 pm »

Lute Harp solo!

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2009, 10:19:54 pm »

i believe at novice i cant epicly fail so...
grant myself flight! by modding my wings

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2009, 03:52:36 am »

I find a wild monkey and use the flesh to food spell to turn it into a banana monkey.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2009, 04:41:23 am »

Test the staff's lightning amplification on a wild monkey.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2009, 03:09:16 pm »

I go get my reward which is a novice magic training magig
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 06:09:42 pm by Jervous »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2009, 04:40:27 pm »

I go get my reward
you have to pick your reward:
1. a free magical item(you can choose the general effect, but I roll to determine it's power)
2. novice level training in any school of magic.
3. an upgrade for your equipment(+1 to any one aspect of your weapon or armor)
4. You can try and ask for anything else equivalently useful, though you might not get it without a good roll.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2009, 09:20:07 pm »

make a necklace to hang all these artifacts i am getting
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 23, 2009, 04:05:54 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Test the staff's lightning amplification on a wild monkey.
[5+1] You manage to find a wild monkey(probably the only one in the area) and decide to try out your new staff. You successfully draw power from it and shape it into a lightning bolt. you can't seem to make the power stop flowing though, and the bolt scorches a large area, reducing the monkey to ash and burning the ground around it. [5+1] Luckily you manage to make it stop before the damage gets any worse. That was really tiring!
tired(-1 to rolls next turn)
air magic(8/16 exp.)

Quote from: Rashilul
Harp solo!
[3] You play the harp a bit. It doesn't sound very good, but it still summons a wide array of weapons above your head. With nothing to attack they just sort of float there...

Quote from: Jervous
I go get my reward which is a novice magic training magig
[3] You get magic training!
novice magical theory gained

Quote from: stonemt
grant myself flight! by modding my wings
actually you can still epic fail until no adjective. Not that it matters this time.
[6] You try to increase the size of your wings, making them actually functional. It turns out, it takes some massive wings to get a creature made of stone off the ground. You can fly now, but your wings might get in the way in enclosed areas.
huge wings gained(can fly, must roll to enter small spaces)
earth magic(2/4 exp.)

Quote from: Diakron
make a necklace to hang all these artifacts i am getting
[5] You put the water artifact and the elemental phylactery on a chain and wear them as a necklace. It is a much more efficient way of carrying them, or it would be if you didn't all have infinite backpacks anyway...

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I find a wild monkey and use the flesh to food spell to turn it into a banana monkey.
[3] You find a monkey, but before your can cast the flesh to food spell, it gets turned into a pile of ash. At least you still have the scroll.

one turn until the dutchman returns. Do whatever you want next turn, then you are all going to have to make a decision.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 22: poor monkey...)
« Reply #209 on: October 23, 2009, 04:24:37 pm »

Grab the awesomest looking weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 111