Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88725 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 105: Stop hitting yourself!)
« Reply #1500 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:43 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
use concentrated wind to compress my copy into a tiny ball and hold him that way.
[2+2][4] You copy ignores your spell, simply flying forward through the winds.
[4][6] As the thing tries to strike you hit it with an even stronger blast of air, sending it flying backwards.

Quote from: Jervous
Slam my flail into it's side then!
[5][2] You swing at the copy again. It grows another mouth where you hit it. Huh.
[1] Luckily the thing is a bit disoriented by it's new mouths and is temporarily immobilized.
Flail user(15/16)

Quote from: stonemt
ABSORB HIM AND BE TWICE THE ME I NOW AM!!
[3][6] YOU ABSORB HIM AND ARE TWICE THE HIM YOU ARE NOW!! Wait what? That's odd... you are now split down the middle, half black and half white. And the black half is punching you.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I do a series of micro-teleportations on various chunks of the shadow image. Each chunk will be separated by quite a distance yet roughly lined up for the cannon to fry them at once.
[3+1][3] You try to teleport your copy into several pieces. The copy somehow responds by shrinking at the last second and the entire thing is caught in the first spell. On the bright side, it's too far away to hit you now.

Quote from: Nivm
I call for the solar cannon to fire on Kalam (just a bit slow so Legion understands). Right before it does so, I dodge out of the way and stab the interval with my colorful magical energies: casting a spell on the beam itself; converting the scorching laser into a purifying glow to wash away the darkness.
[6+1][2] You transform Legion's beam as it is fired, and a multicolored beam engulfs your copy. As the light fades nothing remains of him. It seems your last attack took away enough of it's chaotic nature it couldn't adapt to the attack.
polymorpher(18/32)

Quote from: rolan7
Collect some lava and fly to the air plane, looking for the others.
[3] You fail to gather lava, but you do head to the air plane. I don't care what you're made of, how do you HOLD lava? That's like holding water.

Quote from: dermonster
Force the ice into a sentient and loyal giant flying symmetrical ice leviathan made entirely of shapes with no more sides than a hexagon
[4+3] You create a giant ice snake, composed of geometrical shapes. That seems to work, and the plane doesn't immediately force it into an immobile shape.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 16, 2010, 10:04:48 pm »

Ride the snake. Search the light plane for anything interesting.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 16, 2010, 10:24:55 pm »

[ ] "Too flimsy! Hard to craft anything without the right materials." I then fix my entire wardrobe and...

Well, since my copy has been destroyed, who wants my help in combat? There are a few cool things I can do for both Leech and Daemon.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 16, 2010, 10:38:58 pm »

Peh, lava/magma's overdone anyways.

Consume elemental air to empower my flame.  Also, look for the others.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 17, 2010, 07:11:48 am »

Ooh! Let's see what the scroll of minor transformation will do to Stonemt!

Aiming to convert the chaos side into something more controllable for him.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 17, 2010, 11:52:40 am »

I doubt that's a minor transformation, and I was thinking that perhaps swapping the cores of each side would be more interesting... Possibly beneficial too, since the light heart would give him control over the dark half, and the dark heart would probably make the dark half less interested in attacking itself.
 We should probably get at least a glimpse of what Stonemt wants to do.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 17, 2010, 12:18:22 pm »

Yeah well... Don care... I'm doing research.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 17, 2010, 12:20:51 pm »

chain it down so i can try to fix this

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 17, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

Grr

Summon some hard stone walls to trap him, then quickly make them close in together to crush him.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 17, 2010, 03:41:10 pm »

Well then, since I perceive that SHAD0Wdump's image is unattended:

+[ ] ...charge the compressed ball of impostor with my blade at an odd angle, so that it reflects my visage into his sight (and I see his). I then cast a polymorphic spell with my very eyes, and off the sword, so that he is turned to stone! Cold, lifeless, stone.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 17, 2010, 05:22:29 pm »

Summon my elemental and have it send windblades at my copy. While he is distracted I shall call lightning down upon him.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 23, 2010, 11:14:01 pm »

Done with school stuff, turn tomorrow.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 106: That didn't go well...)
« Reply #1512 on: November 24, 2010, 05:05:04 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Summon my elemental and have it send windblades at my copy. While he is distracted I shall call lightning down upon him.
[5+1][2] Your copy falls before your onslaught, reduced to a charred lump. The lump is still trying to move toward you, but it really can't do much.
Suddenly, the coin that had enchanted your staff flies off and zooms into Malak's pack!
lightning magic(31/32 exp.)

Quote from: Jervous
Summon some hard stone walls to trap him, then quickly make them close in together to crush him.
[1+2] You create stone walls around your copy, but it smashes it's way through before you can crush them together. The rubble slows it down a bit though.

Quote from: stonemt
chain it down so i can try to fix this
[2] You consider chaining the thing down, but then realize it's physically impossible to chain only half of yourself.
[4] The part of your body you can't control starts growing...

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Ooh! Let's see what the scroll of minor transformation will do to Stonemt!

Aiming to convert the chaos side into something more controllable for him.
[3] It seems the scroll's effects are random. Which, targeted against a chaos being, makes it a rather bad idea. The Non-chaos half shrinks slightly.
Your copy is back in range!

Quote from: Nivm
"Too flimsy! Hard to craft anything without the right materials." I then fix my entire wardrobe and charge the compressed ball of impostor with my blade at an odd angle, so that it reflects my visage into his sight (and I see his). I then cast a polymorphic spell with my very eyes, and off the sword, so that he is turned to stone! Cold, lifeless, stone.
[2+1] Fixing your clothing takes a litte more time than you expected, and you are unable to attack this turn.

Quote from: rolan7
Consume elemental air to empower my flame.  Also, look for the others.
[1] You fail to find the others. In fact the wind sorta blows you totally off course.

Quote from: dermonster
Ride the snake. Search the light plane for anything interesting.
[1] You leap onto the snake and begin searching the plane. As soon as you get going, a siren goes off and two towers rise out of the ground, their triangular cannons locking onto you.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 24, 2010, 05:25:02 pm »

Go my Flying Serpent! Destroy the towers!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 24, 2010, 05:48:29 pm »

Well... what could I...

2 scrolls of glorious chainsaw method(makes your blades like things unto chainsaws)

Well, it might not be a blade, but I try to apply a scroll of Glorious Chainsaw Method to my Godly Lance! Then I strike my copy!
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 111