Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88592 times)

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD! Meh, why not?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 11:23:02 pm »

Hit the fire symbol with the dull(er?) edge of my sword and attempt to make a spark

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 11:54:52 pm »

You all have some basic equipment based on your class, I'll post a status page in a minute.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 09:05:47 am »

Touch the rock sphere gently with my hand.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 03:21:49 pm »

I don't have much to do this weekend, so I'll post the next turn as soon as Daicron posts his action.

(After this Sunday I'll probably post new turns on Tuesday, Thursday, and whenever I have all of your actions on the weekends)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 09:40:00 pm »

Actually, given the results of the other rolls I'm going to help Daicron out.(I feel sorta sorry he managed to lose his sword on the first turn)
I can change his action later if he disagrees.

Quote from: Flintus10
I will Investigate the symbols and see if I can use them for anything
[4] The symbols appear to protrude slightly from the wall, it looks like they could be pushed in. Before you can see anything else Rash attacks one of the symbols!

Quote from: Rashilul
Hit the fire symbol with the dull(er?) edge of my sword and attempt to make a spark
[6] You slam your sword into the fire symbol! It moves back into the wall and begins to glow, revealing  intricate patters of runes surrounding it. You back away as the symbol glows brighter and the section of the wall fades away revealing a small chamber containing a medallion.

You feel compelled to wear the medallion [4] you pick it up, but manage to avoid putting it on... yet.

Quote from: Jervous
Touch the rock sphere gently with my hand.
[4] You touch the sphere... now what? :(

Quote from: stonemt
check to see what kind of gargoyle i am and check the chest
[3] You appear to be made of stone, you have a roughly humanoid body, two wings, and a tail. The wings seem to be mainly decorative though, as they are too small to lift you off the ground. (check status to see abilities)
[6] You smash the chest open. It appears to have been empty, until you notice a small piece of paper saying "This room is the entrance to the elemental planes. You have been chosen to pass through all 6 planes, and use the power you gain there to vanquish the evil that has taken this land. Chose the first plane wisely, and the map will guide you there"

Quote from: Diakron
grab a sword from the pile
[4] You search through the pile and find a +bronze sword+ (+1 to damage, +1 to hit)

The glowing runes spread, covering all of the walls and revealing the other artifacts:
fire: the medallion
water: a glass orb
earth: a smooth piece of glowing metal
air: a... cloud? It seems solid enough though
light: a multi-colored diamond
dark: a ring

When the runes reach the map each of the colored spheres raises out of the wall slightly.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 09:45:20 pm »

Put on fire medallion.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 10:34:40 pm »

...i have decoritive wings?...
check map

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 11:11:55 pm »

you're a gargoyle, a living statue, lots of them have wings, some functional, some not. (they would have been functional if you had rolled a 5)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 11:25:38 pm »

would a mason of any sort be capable of shifting/adding features?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 11:49:40 pm »

A normal one couldn't do much(claws perhaps, or anything else that can be carved), but an earth mage could alter you based on their skill.
Actually it would probably be a good idea for you to learn earth magic at some point, you're not going  to be able to wear most armor.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2009, 11:53:09 pm »

learn smithing and make my own... or use advanced earth magic to create it? how advanced would it have to be to alter metal?

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 12:31:51 am »

I will take the cloud

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 08:28:41 am »

Take the smooth metal and push the rock sphere in.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:40:29 pm by Jervous »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 08:57:24 am »

Which one? The symbols are gone, only the spheres are left now.

Also, taking an artifact doesn't use your action, and you're not getting out of here till you all have one.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 01:41:03 pm »

Sorry, I wasn't thinking right. I mean the sphere.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111