Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88797 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 102: meh, boring.)
« Reply #1455 on: October 29, 2010, 10:11:50 pm »

Don't have Flintus's action.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 31, 2010, 08:48:31 pm »

Deal with the chaos being the only way I know how, lots and lots of lightning.

Immobolise the chaos creature with wind pressure.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:13:21 pm by Flintus10 »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 31, 2010, 09:01:46 pm »

Why do you wish to sabotage me?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 103: Thou hast slain the Jabberwock!)
« Reply #1458 on: November 02, 2010, 05:21:44 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Deal with the chaos being the only way I know how, lots and lots of lightning.
[2+2][5+2] You attempt to zap the tiny speck of chaos. You cast your spell fine... but the chaos speck is too small and maneuverable, and easily dodges.

Quote from: Jervous
Give my wolf really light stone wings so it can fly.
[5+2] You do that. It defies several laws of physics, BUT YOU FIND A WAY.
earth magic(8/32 exp)

Quote from: stonemt
go to air if i am somewhere else if not fin this stupid chaos whatever it may be.
[1] You go to the air plane. And land on your face... or something. How do you fail walking?

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I teleport myself and the chariot away from this thing.
[3+1] You teleport to the other side of legion, protecting yourself for now.

Quote from: Nivm
*lots-o-stuff*
[5]You begin reading off the scroll of summon jabberwock while you read the poem. [6] as you finish the scroll the jabberwock appears, flying toward you in all it's incomprehensible glory. On it's way it eats the speck of chaos in a single bite... which somehow makes it even stranger and more alien. [5][1] Undeterred by it's new power you ready your blade, and with a snicker-snack the jabberwock is slain instantly. Not only is it dead, but your sword's blade has vanished, replaced with a subtle ripple in the air where it once was.
Ebony sword has become vorpal blade.

Quote from: rolan7
Fly to the nearest magma sea and collect some to act as a heat source.
[1] OW OW OW HOT. You burn up completely on contact with the sea... but you aren't dead. You fly back out of the magma(with no cloak... it couldn't take that much heat) to discover you seem to have become a fire elemental. And your gun has fused to your arm. Huh.
Fire elemental(???)

Quote from: dermonster
Go into the Water realm, which if I remember correctly is just a big ball o' liquid now, and meditate/charge my magical power.
[3] You head to the water plane and meditate. It's boring.

Quote from: chaos being
???
[4]Thou hast slain the Jabberwock... but it's body suddenly vanishes and everyone collapses. Moments later you all reawaken... to find yourselves staring at a perfect copy of yourself.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 02, 2010, 05:42:13 pm »

Aw great... It's gonna pull the evil twin schtick.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 02, 2010, 05:49:52 pm »

Aw great... It's gonna pull the evil twin schtick.
Yes. Yes it did. The copies have all your stuff as well.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 02, 2010, 05:57:00 pm »

Take as much water as I possibly can, hopefully a small oceans's worth, and basically make it into a torrential wave in which I ride out of the water portal, into the light portal, and ride the wave up into the sky, while still holding onto all of the water.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 02, 2010, 08:23:53 pm »

Fly up high on my cloud and try to draw my evil twin away with me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 02, 2010, 09:29:03 pm »

Is this awesome?  Yes.

Return to the magma sea and look for magma creatures.  Fire imps, magma men, that sort of thing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 02, 2010, 09:53:35 pm »

Yes!!! Yes! Yes! I have trouble believing those rolls; they were so perfect. Their veracity might make me think I had picked the right turn out of prescient ability.
 Hm, if the ship, the chariot, the dragon, or I, had collapsed, we would have fallen very quickly and out of range. That, and the word "collapsed" tends to imply collapsing onto something. I am going to assume you (Dragnar) had a brain malfunction and meant instead that all the mages' senses skipped out for a second or less (not like we'd be able to tell time anyway). However, do the ~followers also have copies? Detail is lacking.
 If the creature is creating mirrors, that means ~all of its chaotic force has been destroyed, and that it's running on only a large amount of malevolent magical energy.

[ ] I brandish my blade, calling to sun, moon, and stars; "Behold, the vorpal blade Catalyst, artifact of Change!" I then add the potion of speed directly to my stomach and charge my mirror image. "You're nothing like me, let's cut you into shape!" I then channel my spells through Catalyst, trying to make the image like me in every way, or just cutting it apart if that doesn't work.

So the lava/magma destroyed the heat sink in stead of Rolan's other items? Or was the heat sink still even there?

(Today, I traveled more than 14 miles on foot through hills and suburbs, and about 1/4th of that was running, today. I am quite utterly exhausted, and am amazed I can type coherently at all.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:58:37 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 02, 2010, 10:03:01 pm »

Remember when I got trapped in the abyss? Yeah, I attempt to remember how I borked that one summoning spell and try to get it to affect my double instead of me.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 02, 2010, 10:13:34 pm »

Yes!!! Yes! Yes! I have trouble believing those rolls; they were so perfect. Their veracity might make me think I had picked the right turn out of prescient ability.
Yes... And you're lucky I didn't decide to make one more roll in there: I checked, it would have resulted in HORRIBLE backfiring. Random.org rolled a 1 next.

Hm, if the ship, the chariot, the dragon, or I, had collapsed, we would have fallen very quickly and out of range. That, and the word "collapsed" tends to imply collapsing onto something. I am going to assume you (Dragnar) had a brain malfunction and meant instead that all the mages' senses skipped out for a second or less (not like we'd be able to tell time anyway).
Yeah... bad wording there. You just blanked out for a moment.

However, do the ~followers also have copies?
Nope. Just the mages.

Detail is lacking.
 If the creature is creating mirrors, that means ~all of its chaotic force has been destroyed, and that it's running on only a large amount of malevolent magical energy.
The chaos thing is dead. Creating the copies was all it had the power left to do. And while they are exact copies of you and all your stuff... they don't have your skills, and their equipment is only a shadowy copy that doesn't exist except as a copy of your stuff, meaning consumables of theirs will vanish as soon as you use yours. And don't worry, they are still chaotic. If any survive more than a turn or two you'll see how. Even chaos needs a starting point after all.

So the lava/magma destroyed the heat sink in stead of Rolan's other items? Or was the heat sink still even there?
It only destroyed his cloak(somehow). The heat sink is gone because it is incompatible with his new form. Even being near him would overload it.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 02, 2010, 10:29:46 pm »

Without any of the skills or followers? And with mystery chaos abilities? Awesome.

+[ ] Erreti phases into SHAD0Wcopy's lungs and sinuses, pops his chest and head open, then phases away quickly if things go wrong. Tharic and Legion get some earth-enchanted cannon balls flying at Flint's image. (Or are you planning something Flintus?)

Edit: My recalcitrance to making extra posts is incredible. This is a compromise.
Quote from: stonemt
go to air if i am somewhere else if not fin this stupid chaos whatever it may be.
[1] You go to the air plane. And land on your face... or something. How do you fail walking?
  Getting stuck in a plane between planes, involving dreamlike or nightmarish vistas.

It only destroyed his cloak(somehow). The heat sink is gone because it is incompatible with his new form. Even being near him would overload it.
If the heat sink is gone (and the heat is great enough to overload it), then why isn't the book of enchantments burning, and his goggles and tools melting?

Also, I suggest people actually look at their list of items for clone dangers. The unholy grail? Scroll of summon chaotic creature? Scroll of Goriness Chainsaw Method?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:30:10 am by Nivm »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 03, 2010, 04:56:47 pm »

I try to get the first hit on my clone's head before he gets one on mine. Also, my wolf stands ready to pounce while my drake prepares to release firebreath on my clone.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 06, 2010, 11:11:04 pm »

And... just need Stonemt.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 111