Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88846 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 101: NO, WE DID NOT GET IT!)
« Reply #1440 on: October 17, 2010, 01:43:29 am »

Didn't you only get two free [5]s? You used one on merging a solar cannon with your gun, and another on the imps.

I'm not even sure really, I just saw it in the statuses.  You're probably right.

You know, the plane of light remains a mystery. 5 planes are finished, but one remains.

One more plane huh?  Alright, I changed my mind.
Be like the phoenix and burn to nothing, only to rise again.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 19, 2010, 09:04:22 pm »

Just posting to say: I haven't forgotten about this. Just haven't had much time this week. I'll have plenty of time Thursday though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 21, 2010, 05:36:10 pm »

Hey Just asking if it was Possible for me to join in on this

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 21, 2010, 07:25:39 pm »

Maybe... probably not though. I'll be wrapping this one up pretty soon(10-20 turns probably). I'll most likely start another RTD after this though.

(still no update... I don't have access to my laptop today, so it would take far longer to do.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 21, 2010, 07:30:26 pm »

... Do you have an idea for what the next one is about, and can we take spots from this thread?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 21, 2010, 07:42:33 pm »

Not yet, on both counts. I'm thinking a more technological setting though.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 22, 2010, 12:24:51 am »

I'm sad there are so few turns left, or at least what feels like few. Verily, almost everything comes to an end.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 102: meh, boring.)
« Reply #1447 on: October 23, 2010, 05:54:45 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Continue to beef up my elemental.
[4-1] You strengthen your elemental even more, changing it into a true force to be reckoned with. You don't think you'll be able to make it any stronger for now though.

Quote from: Jervous
Go check on my wolf. If he's okay, train him a bit. If he's hungry, get him some food in the kitchen.
[6] You easily locate your wolf nearby and begin training it. After realizing this is gonna take forever, you give that up and instead turn it's fur to stone. Why not?
Wolf is now Stone wolf. +1 to defense

Quote from: stonemt
summon my stupid fortress and BUILD MY SENSOR!!!
[5] You do that. Your fortress can now detect chaos corruption in any of the planes...There isn't any. Looks like the corruption has been purged from every plane except for the plane of air. Something is still VERY wrong in the plane of light though.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I fly the chariot alongside Legion, erecting a shield around it and me as well. AFTER the chaos slime is released if possible.
[2] You try that, but then notice that the being has changed form once again and is coming after you. RUN AWAY!!!

Quote from: Nivm
Working with Legion's senses I polymorph gunpowder into the layer of ship right before the liquid evil, and set it off. The instant it's jettisoned Legion moves the ship away and fires that solar cannon. "SHAD0W, shields up! Now!" I mumble to myself about Flint being useless as a captain and useless as an ally.
[5+1] You Coordinate perfectly with legion, blasting the chaos goo of of the ship(Along with part of the ship...) and then hitting it with Legion's cannon. The rapid maneuvering took it's toll though, and Legion is going to be slowed down a good deal for a while.(temporary -1 to dodge)

Quote from: rolan7
Be like the phoenix and burn to nothing, only to rise again.
[1] You burn... and burn and burn. Oddly you still aren't hampered by the burning, but you don't have much longer at this rate...

Quote from: dermonster
I return to the portal area, seeing as how chaos was defeated I think...?
[4] Chaos? What chaos? Those perfectly uniform gray houses infested with plant monsters were perfectly orderly. You head back to the portals anyway.

Quote from: chaos being
???
[5]The goo, now separated from Legion, begins to change shape once more. This time it shrinks in size, becoming a tiny point of solid darkness which then begins heading toward SHAD0W's chariot.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 23, 2010, 06:24:10 pm »

Go into the Water realm, which if I remember correctly is just a big ball o' liquid now, and meditate/charge my magical power.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 23, 2010, 06:52:30 pm »

i dont want to go to light....and i am in.... i dont remember. go to air if i am somewhere else if not fin this stupid chaos whatever it may be.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 23, 2010, 07:53:29 pm »

Hm, imagination isn't required, but there isn't any reason not to use it.
 It looks like the sensor on Daemon's castle doesn't work perfectly, considering that the chaos in the water plane wasn't destroyed, just immobilized and set to the depths.

[ ] Again at time where I may only watch, I remove the impurities from my ruby. You know what? I'm tired of waitin'!

[ ] I intone the poem abroad, with all the strength of voice, my first voice, has to offer.
   "`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe."
I remember my father saying these next few lines to me, as I say them to myself, like a great spell to be.
   "'Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
      The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
      The frumious Bandersnatch!'"
I begin reading the scroll of Summon Jabberwocky to the darkness near the ship.
   "He took his vorpal sword in hand:" I take my scimitar in hand:
     "Long time the manxome foe he sought --" The scroll is longer than I thought --
   "So rested he by the Tumtum tree," So hurried I by the Vinvin sea,
     "And stood awhile in thought." And read for what I sought.
I finish reading the scroll,
   "And, as in uffish thought he stood," And, as in uffish thought I float,
     "The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame," The Jabberwock, with eyes of sleight,
   "Came whiffling through the tulgey wood," Came whiffling through the tulgey mote,
     "And burbled as it came!" And burbled in its flight!
I take no time to fear this thing that I have wrought, nor wait for selfish cheer; the horror must be fought.
   "One, two! One, two! And through and through!" goes my battle cry!
     "The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!" The vorpal blade goes snicker-snack!
   "He left it dead, and with its head" I make it dead, and with a head,
     "He went galumphing back." I go paloughing back.
Like some ghost return, or my imagination, I hear my father again.
   "'And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
      Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
     O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
      He would chortle in his joy."

"`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
   Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
 All mimsy were the borogoves,
   And the mome raths outgrabe. "
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 23, 2010, 08:17:21 pm »

It looks like the sensor on Daemon's castle doesn't work perfectly, considering that the chaos in the water plane wasn't destroyed, just immobilized and set to the depths.
Well yes, it's still around, but it isn't active, nor is it actually disrupting anything. It's like trying to detect a motionless object in a box by watching it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 23, 2010, 09:49:59 pm »

"Hint: There's no going back from this one"

Hm.  If I've permanent become some sort of fireball... all I need is more fuel or heat to sustain myself.

Fly to the nearest magma sea and collect some to act as a heat source.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 24, 2010, 01:38:58 pm »

Give my wolf really light stone wings so it can fly.

lol

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 24, 2010, 02:03:23 pm »

I'd do something more crafty, but considering that thing is now a point and heading for me, I'm tied...

I teleport myself and the chariot away from this thing.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 111