Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88913 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 98: exposition!)
« Reply #1380 on: October 02, 2010, 05:50:35 pm »

I try using earth magic to fling the Battleship's cannonballs back at them.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 02, 2010, 07:38:49 pm »

listen for abit and then say "nice shadows... care to give them to me?" in the darkest most intimadating voice possible with the flying dutchman behind me

this oughta be FUN

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 03, 2010, 08:32:23 pm »

Continue to take out the smaller ships with lightning and wind.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 03, 2010, 09:44:47 pm »

The source!
Dragonfire the source of the shadows.  Those cultists or whatever will never stop me in time!
Aww, not the level 3 setting? Oh well...

You're right, this is no time for half-measures!
Scorch the source!  Kick it up to three, and be prepared for anything (particularly throwing)
Assuming you haven't done my turn already, that is.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 06, 2010, 07:55:13 am »

My goal was to significantly increase the solar cannon's charging rate, so it would be able to fire every turn, or even multiple times per turn. It seems so incredibly appropriate though, considering I was being foolish- on what? Four fronts?

[▬] Discover sleepcasting status.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 06, 2010, 09:03:47 am »

My goal was to significantly increase the solar cannon's charging rate, so it would be able to fire every turn, or even multiple times per turn. It seems so incredibly appropriate though, considering I was being foolish- on what? Four fronts?
Ah. Well, the major flaw with that plan is this: it's a laser cannon, not a solar cannon. It collects magic from the air for power, not sunlight. Though that's easily changed, so I'll reduce it's charge time to 2 turns.(every turn would be over powered)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 99: Super monkey ball. Fire edition.)
« Reply #1386 on: October 06, 2010, 12:30:12 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Continue to take out the smaller ships with lightning and wind.
[6] You raise your staff above your head and summon the mightiest storm you can manage. The enemy ships fall by the dozens, ceasing to exist as your bolts pierce them.

Quote from: Jervous
I try using earth magic to fling the Battleship's cannonballs back at them.
[5+1] You reach out for the cannonballs hurtling toward the ship and fling them back toward their source. The ships vanish the instant they are struck, much more fragile than their source. Between your attack and Flint's there are very few left in your way, most of the remaining ships left behind.

Quote from: stonemt
listen for abit and then say "nice shadows... care to give them to me?" in the darkest most intimadating voice possible with the flying dutchman behind me
[irrelevant] You remain in the shadows. You do this because the man you were going to talk to has vanished and the shadowy plant looks like it's undergoing fusion.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Well... lets see what this thing can do...

I get in my chariot, and fly towards the man in the chair, intending to strike him with the lance.
[5] You leap into your chariot and fly at the man at the center of all this, holding your new weapon in front of you. The man ignores you at first, but as you near his chair and he gets a better look at your lance he visibly panics. [3] He is unable to out maneuver your chariot though, and your lance impales him perfectly. An impossible sound emerges from the body as it melts off your lance, and reforms into a mass of random limbs from various creatures, all holding weapons. You hear the cods voices once more, "It's true form is revealed, your lance will do little against this. It will require more traditional methods."

Quote from: Nivm
Wake up.
You awake to find that the battleships have been completely eliminated, the man in a chair has been replaced by a large mass of swords, and a large dragon flying just outside your ship... wow did you ever pick a bad time to pass out.

Quote from: rolan7
Scorch the source!  Kick it up to three, and be prepared for anything (particularly throwing)
[5] You set your gun to the highest setting and fire. A giant fireball emerges from the gun's barrel, growing larger and larger without actually firing. Then, in an instant, it sucks you into it. You aren't entirely sure what's happening, but you can now control the fireball from within, and you fly toward the bulb at the source of the mind controlling plants. Now comes the problem of getting otu of this thing...

Quote from: dermonster
I don't trust you. But I am willing to listen. What is that, Who are you, and what exactly are you going to do?
[1] "And I don't have any reason to explain myself to you." The man says before vanishing. There is no display of magic, no sign of movement. He was simply there one moment and gone the next.

Quote from: Battleships
Atta...what?
The remaining battleships are about to release another volley of cannonballs... and then they suddenly burst into flame and vanish. From the center of the fireball emerges Leech's drake, fully grown and possessing massive wings.

Quote from: chaos being
kill!
[3] The creature that was once the leader of the pirates charges toward Nemesis, no longer afraid of SHAD0W's weapon. It manages t clear most of the gap before the arbitrary time units tick over to the next turn.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 06, 2010, 06:50:09 pm »

well....bring forth a legion of shadow rats to scour this wretched world for this cowardly being who dare interrupt my plan
of course i am not going crazy! i would have to be somewhere else to do that!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 06, 2010, 06:54:10 pm »

I create a arcane shield around the... chaos thing. This one calibrated to reflect light within itself, but allow just about anything in.

Malak! Fire the cannon!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 06, 2010, 08:52:11 pm »

Try to Spear the plant thing with an ice spear.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 06, 2010, 08:59:13 pm »

Try to Spear the plant thing with an ice spear.
It's dead and burning.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 06, 2010, 09:14:04 pm »

I do not see anything that says "The plant dies", But okay.

Um...

Well, Ignoring that my teammate is now apparently a sentient fireball, Try to find my way back up top.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 07, 2010, 01:01:31 am »

Abandon ship and fly on my cloud, also attempt to distract the chaos being.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 07, 2010, 01:31:37 am »

well....bring forth a legion of shadow rats to scour this wretched world for this cowardly being who dare interrupt my plan
of course i am not going crazy! i would have to be somewhere else to do that!
Aheheheh :3

Anyway, looks like I have POWER OVERWHELMING.  I achieved it by absorbing an energy field larger than my head, so I should assume my character has a lifetime of seconds.  Perhaps a half-life of seconds!

Attempt to combust the shadow-plant network from this central location.  The source may be dead, but the city is still infested.  Besides, setting things on fire seems like a reasonable move for me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 09, 2010, 08:15:35 am »

I...uh..cheer my dragon on, for a morale boost or something
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 111