Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88919 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 97: Xtreme rolls!)
« Reply #1365 on: September 29, 2010, 07:23:07 pm »

i am not bothered by runing into him

I'm fine, thanks for asking :P
Now take me where we need to go!  My handcannon thirsts for shadow blood.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 29, 2010, 08:18:19 pm »

Finally, five turns worth of pigeon chatter. If I hadn't gone outside to water or started doing laundry, I would have had it before Rolan posted, possibly Dragnar and Stonemt.

I'm no poet. They're there... just make something up for them to sing.
  Alright. I doubt it will sound like they do. I can't seem to remember how many there are either... I'll go with two singers.

Leartes: "Reunion of half starting set,"
Mirrana:   "Sets airy battle's stage;"
Leartes: "But when summon'd have fully met,"
Mirrana:   "Time waits to turn a page."

L: "One traveled by these bless'ed seats,"
M:  "One did the same by game,"
L: "One traveled by some flying feats;"
M:  "And Malak is to blame."

M: "For fame, for fortune, or for fun,"
L:   "They hailed call; 'pirate maul!' "
M: "They came with books, came with bludgeons,
M:   They came with skills, and these 'pigeons',"
L:   "Then in place, all, they stall."

M: "A scroll is fret, a forge is set;"
L:   "A smith cast down in shame;"
M: "The clash not yet, a chatter duet"
L:   "Leaves things about the same."
M: "But mage aret, upon par'pet,"
L:   "The proof of beacon claim."

L: "With that sestet, the foe is met,"
M:   "To watch, to waft, to ware."
L: "Hands stay steady, ammo ready,
L:   Despite talk bready, and time eddy."
M:   "They want, they will; they war!"

(Continued on other post.)
(Note that whenever they refer to stagnancy in any way, it's in a kind of mocking, teasing tone. And yes, I know that lines 22 and 23 break the normal rhythm, but it isn't too jarring, is it? I mean, if they do this constantly, they have to switch more often than something like Rime of the Ancyent Marinere.)

Extreme indeed, another turn where one player's low roll kept another from overshooting. Not to mention unnaturally massive and destructive lightning bolts, but that's normal.
Yes, he could curse just about anything, so could you. But the anti-magic part came from the original enchantment on the ring.
While simultaneously blessing something else▬ (x20) [5] The ritual complete, you hold the glory of heaven in your right hand and horror of hell in your left; each as a small, gold coin.

So, we're totally surrounded by hundreds of ships, our size or larger, made of pervasive nothingness and accordingly mostly invulnerable? Where did that nasty-skewed raw chaos go?

[ ] I don't bother touching stairs or ladders as I rush back down to the solar cannon. As I find all it's edges and get familiar with its shape, I tell Legion "See if you can use that targeting information as dodging information! And try to get closer to that throne!" I then channel a morphic spell through the cannon, through the wood it's fused to, and through the entire ship's deck; crystallizing the wood into a veined, black surface , and making the cannon bright!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:20:27 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 29, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »

[ ] I give SHAD0Wdump a nice, hard, mental slap to the face.
Yes... potentially undermine something that could be the deciding factor of this battle.

Focus your efforts on not screwing me up!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 29, 2010, 08:41:14 pm »

My goal is to use my action to force a change in yours. You're doing something that will take a great deal of time, and something that can't help us fight this thing. What would you suggest I do?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 29, 2010, 08:44:02 pm »

My goal is to use my action to force a change in yours. You're doing something that will take a great deal of time, and something that can't help us fight this thing. What would you suggest I do?
Back off before I hack the laser cannon to fire inwards.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 29, 2010, 08:45:21 pm »

If we want hostilities, I will destroy your chariot.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 29, 2010, 08:46:15 pm »

If we want hostilities, I will destroy your chariot.
But that doesn't undermine our situation like your action might, does it?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 29, 2010, 08:47:17 pm »

So, you change your action to making the laser fire this turn on Legion, and I will change mine to destroying your chariot?

Edits and PMs: They're confusing to readers, aren't they?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:54:00 pm by Nivm »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 29, 2010, 08:49:12 pm »

Sounds like a plan.

EDIT: better plan... editing.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:35:30 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 30, 2010, 10:19:15 am »

So, we're totally surrounded by hundreds of ships, our size or larger, made of pervasive nothingness and accordingly mostly invulnerable? Where did that nasty-skewed raw chaos go?
You are surrounded by more than ships. And why should a being of chaos be forbidden to use magic?

Also: most of the ships are smaller than yours. They are larger than most, but yours is just stupidly huge.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 98: exposition!)
« Reply #1375 on: October 02, 2010, 03:43:11 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Destroy as many of the smaller ships as possible.
[3+1] You release a storm of lightning bolts toward the closest ships. They are instantly destroyed, apparently lacking the protection the larger ship had.
air magic(28/32 exp)

Quote from: Jervous
Go to the kitchen and find my drake some meat then.
[4] You find some meat and feed it to your drake. It gulps it down before pushing past you into the kitchen, where it begins to devour everything in sight.

Quote from: stonemt
go there. ready to kill!
[4] You teleport to the point you sensed the being, and find yourself in an empty chamber, with the source of the plants in the center and a pair of humans next to it, conversing.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Lets see... Dark battleships everywhere... Guy in chair...

I finally make use of my light artifact, infusing it with arcane material and priestly prayer, to create a great slayer of darkness.
 "Greatest deities in all your grace and wisdom, I stand here before an ultimate evil. I beg upon you to imbue this artifact with the power to slay this foul being, so that your reign as gods among the people of the six realms may continue."
[4+1] You hold up the Light artifact and pray to the gods. At first nothing happens, but after a few minutes the artifact begins to glow and you hear a voice from nowhere. "This being is not evil, but it is one half of that coin. We will grant you the power to strike it down, but you must not stop here. The other half will destroy everything if left on it's own." As soon as the voice stops speaking, the glow in your hands changes shape, stretching into the form of a huge lance. It does not gain any weight oddly.

Quote from: Nivm
I don't bother touching stairs or ladders as I rush back down to the solar cannon. As I find all it's edges and get familiar with its shape, I tell Legion "See if you can use that targeting information as dodging  information! And try to get closer to that throne!" I then channel a morphic spell through the cannon, through the wood it's fused to, and through the entire ship's deck; crystallizing the wood into a veined, black surface , and making the cannon bright!
[5+1] You begin to alter the composition of the entire ship as Legion begins flying toward the black throne, watching for any cannon fire from the battleships. You close your eyes and the wood around you begins to change, a wave of blackness flowing across the entire ship. Soon your spell is complete, and Legion is solid black, the cannon SHAD0W summoned being the only bright point on it. You still don't open your eyes though, and fall into a deep sleep the instant the spell is complete.
(Not quite sure what you wanted to accomplish with that. What sort of effect were you going for, beyond the aesthetics?)

Quote from: rolan7
Follow the demon, it seems to know something I don't.
[5] You see the demon prepare a spell and reach out to grab his arm. He doesn't seem to notice and an instant later you are teleported along with him.

Quote from: dermonster
Use Water/Blood manipulation to hold him in place. Have my tiger (If hes still with me) to move into a position of advantage in case of combat. Ask him what he's doing here.
[4+3] You bind the man with your magic and ask what he is doing here. "Hmm... not a bad spell. You have potential, though it seems it mostly comes from that artifact of yours. Those fools, chaos can not be beaten through brute force. You have to remove the source instead... Leave me, soon I shall control half the planes, and I will be able to restore balance."

Quote from: Battleships
Attack!!!
[6][5+1] The Battleships open fire on Legion, raining cannonballs on it. They don't manage to land more than a few glancing blows, Legion's  enhanced hull and evasive maneuvers preventing them from doing any real damage.

Chaos effects(for my reference mostly):
Fire: Mutant monster.
Water: living chaos.
Earth: Corrupted land.
Air: Demon pirates.(a more active side of chaos: Random smashing!)
Darkness: None.
Light: ???
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 02, 2010, 03:54:27 pm »

Well... lets see what this thing can do...

I get in my chariot, and fly towards the man in the chair, intending to strike him with the lance.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 02, 2010, 03:58:02 pm »

The source!
Dragonfire the source of the shadows.  Those cultists or whatever will never stop me in time!
Scorch the source!  Kick it up to three, and be prepared for anything (particularly throwing)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:46:55 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 02, 2010, 04:05:06 pm »

The source!
Dragonfire the source of the shadows.  Those cultists or whatever will never stop me in time!
Aww, not the level 3 setting? Oh well...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 02, 2010, 04:15:07 pm »

I don't trust you. But I am willing to listen. What is that, Who are you, and what exactly are you going to do?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 111