Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88748 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 89: wrong type of laser...)
« Reply #1230 on: August 15, 2010, 07:41:23 pm »

Continue to try and get further into the lord's home

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 89: wrong type of laser...)
« Reply #1231 on: August 16, 2010, 12:21:00 pm »

i kinda figured that was the case but it didint hurt to try big you know?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 90: In which things happen to everyone.)
« Reply #1232 on: August 17, 2010, 11:58:41 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Continue to try and get further into the lord's home
[3] You sneak further into the house, finding surprisingly little resistance. It seems that, for some reason, there isn't a single guard inside the house. Unfortunately, the doors to the lord's quarters are locked magically, and you can't get any further.

Quote from: Jervous
Use some of that taming magicks on the cute baby drake to make sure it won't bite my hand off, and instead call me MAMA
[2=auto-success] You bungle the spell, but it seems that the drake already considers you it's mother, and begins chirping("chirp" being something more akin to a hawk's cry or something, seeing as it's the size of a full grown cat) at you for foor.

Quote from: stonemt
try all available methods of geting my castle here
[5] You effortlessly move your castle between planes, commanding it to travel through the shadow dimension you previously stored it in.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
"Sorry for breaking your wall tendrils of black energy?"
[6] The tendrils pause as you speak before beginning to move once more... straight toward you, and faster than before. A voice speaks into your mind as they advance, "You should not be here. None may know until the conversion is complete."

Quote from: Nivm
I check on what Tharic has been up to, then go to the observation deck chair and research a rune of long-range scanning (trying to learn it like before). If I accidentally cast it, target the windows of the room. When done, I ask the ship to find out just how fast it can go and "Have you decided on a name? Or a way to get one?".
[3] You can't seen to find a suitable rune for your needs. You suspect the effect you seek might require the use of multiple linked runes, to triangulate things instead of simply detecting them. You then take a break from your studies to converse with your companions. Tharic has apparently been rather bored without any orders and you find him playing checkers against the ship. He is losing quite badly. You also ask your ship if it has a name for itself. It responds "I am Legion!!! Unless you have a better idea? As for my speed, I'm not sure exactly, but we should reach to top of the plane soon."
(Hey, the names fits. And I couldn't  think of a better one for a being made from a large number of people. Besides, there had to be at least one comedian in there.)

Quote from: rolan7
Check on Ex-Captain ShadowDump.  If possible, shoot stuff with fire!
[5] You check on SHAD0W. Look, evil stuff! Or at least non-ally stuff! Fire fire fire! You promptly shoot fire at the black tendrils. [roll for overkill:3] You are bright enough to only use the first setting on your gun, and SHAD0W is unharmed as the tendrils retreat back into the building.

Quote from: dermonster
I head towards the Inhabited side of the city. See if i can gather info about the general state of the city, assuming there are people there.
[5] You make your way to the other side of the city and ask several of the people there what is going on in the other half of the city. They are very confused by your questions, saying that there isn't anything going on there, that it's the same as the rest of the city.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 18, 2010, 12:08:35 am »

Ask about what usually happens in the city. Local problems, general info about the area and such. Mention Shadowy eldritch tentacles.

To an outsider, that was completely useless. For all I know 'same as the rest of the city' means that people walk outside naked on Saturdays and shake hands by picking the others nose.
Then go home and play with their shadowy eldritch tentacle monster pets.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:10:21 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 18, 2010, 12:41:00 am »

Search for another way into the lords quaters.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 18, 2010, 07:48:38 am »

That stuff seems completely out of place. Never the less I shall make a check as to the nature of those shadowy tentacles with my encyclopedic knowledge. I am specifically looking to see if they are natural to this realm.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 18, 2010, 08:09:52 am »

Tell the drake that I'll be back in a moment in the most motherly way possible and go find some meat for it. Bring my wolf with me so it doesn't get eated.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 18, 2010, 09:45:28 am »

That stuff seems completely out of place. Never the less I shall make a check as to the nature of those shadowy tentacles with my encyclopedic knowledge. I am specifically looking to see if they are natural to this realm.

Cool, while you do that I will attempt to establish diplomatic relations.
Charge into the darkened building bearing gifts of flame and light.  i.e. try to cleanse it with fire.  Shout "I'm tired of these shadow-groping tentacles on my ever-burning plane!"
Diplomatic relations: strongly established.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 18, 2010, 09:48:05 am »

Why do I get the feeling we'll end up finding out that it's just the town's construction company creating a new cathedral or something as a surprise?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 18, 2010, 10:14:15 am »

Why do I get the feeling we'll end up finding out that it's just the town's construction company creating a new cathedral or something as a surprise?

"Sorry for breaking your wall tendrils of black energy?"
[6] The tendrils pause as you speak before beginning to move once more... straight toward you, and faster than before. A voice speaks into your mind as they advance, "You should not be here. None may know until the conversion is complete."

They reach you and - present a large stack of triplicate forms.  "So fill out this NDA.  Here's a pen.  Have a nice day."
Then they [redacted] you while your guard's down.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 18, 2010, 11:39:23 am »

(Blast, I just lost my entire post!▬ Memory time!) (Again, but HA, I copied first this time.)

I was actually half expecting that each player would have a boss fight this turn, from the title. Although after the fire realm's epic battle, and guess it's too soon to hope.

[ ] To ship "tis a fine name, I'm sure you'll give it all the personality it's lacking. (Also, for Theric's sake, perhaps find a game that involves more randomness and laughing, like an RTD)". To self "egh, rigid runes." I pull out "Transmutations Using Alternate Physics" and apply a property to the observation windows that shows me (and Legion?) all enemies, allies, neutrals, and projectiles far before either of us could see them.

Shouldn't the baby dragon be under Jervous' stats? Will Daemon's power source be listed for later tomfoolery?

Also, Hungarian folktales are awesome. I recommend you find a copy (of what's apparently the only compendium book printed on the market), then read Steven Brust's GypSy; like a Hungarian folktale for the modern age.

Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 18, 2010, 09:09:11 pm »

go find people. player or not....though preferably the place with the shadow stuff cuz that sounds right up my ally (^_^X)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 21, 2010, 12:17:13 am »

I've been being very lazy... I'll have the turn up tomorrow. Well, today really, but meh.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 91: heads up!)
« Reply #1243 on: August 21, 2010, 08:48:16 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Search for another way into the lords quaters.
[3] You can't seem to find another way into the lord's room, but in your search through the other rooms, you find something interesting. While the whole place is empty, there are signs of activity everywhere, as if the occupants had simply vanished in the middle of what they were doing.

Quote from: Jervous
Tell the drake that I'll be back in a moment in the most motherly way possible and go find some meat for it. Bring my wolf with me so it doesn't get eated.
[6] You try to find some meat for your baby drake, but there is nothing in the area except for your allies and stone buildings. You then notice that the cup you picked up from the god's chariot is glowing and has filled itself with some sort of silvery liquid.

Quote from: stonemt
go find people. player or not....though preferably the place with the shadow stuff cuz that sounds right up my ally (^_^X)
[6] You and your castle fly over to the city the others are in, guided by the beacon pebble.

make a check as to the nature of those shadowy tentacles with my encyclopedic knowledge. I am specifically looking to see if they are natural to this realm.
[3] You can't remember anything about whatever this thing is. This means one of two things: One, it is a new sort of monster, never before encountered. Or two, it isn't a monster at all, and is instead some sort of sentient magic force.

Quote from: Nivm
To ship "tis a fine  name, I'm sure you'll give it all the personality it's lacking. (Also, for Theric's sake, perhaps find a game that involves more randomness and laughing, like an RTD)". To self "egh, rigid runes." I pull out "Transmutations Using Alternate Physics" and apply a property to the observation windows that shows me (and Legion?) all enemies, allies, neutrals, and projectiles far before either of us could see them.
[6] After a short bit of study you cast your spell on the windows. They are instantly filled with data, categorizing and displaying everything in range of the enchantment through some unknown means. Unfortunately the data is a bit too dense to easily sort through.
Complex HUD(can provide targeting and information for anything within 100 meters or so of the ship, but with a -1 penalty)
(You will arrive at the top of the plane next turn)

Quote from: rolan7
Charge into the darkened building bearing gifts of flame and light.  i.e. try to cleanse it with fire.  Shout "I'm tired of these shadow-groping tentacles on my ever-burning plane!"
[2] Luckily, the hole is far too small for you to fit through.

Quote from: dermonster
Ask about what usually happens in the city. Local problems, general info about the area and such. Mention Shadowy eldritch tentacles.
[1] You try to ask the locals about any problems they might be having, but they all insist that there is nothing wrong. And when you ask about the shadowy tendrils you saw earlier they act as if you hadn't said anything. In fact, as soon as you ask someone about them they immediately begin ignoring you totally.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 91: heads up!)
« Reply #1244 on: August 21, 2010, 08:54:34 pm »

Fook it.

FIRE ON... SHADOW TOWN?
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 111