Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88649 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 84: almost dead)
« Reply #1140 on: July 20, 2010, 07:14:08 pm »

Yessssss.  *air five Leech*

"Oh no, Captain!"
Run to SHADOWdump, picking up the pauldron as I go.  Try to take any further attacks with the pauldron.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 20, 2010, 07:43:22 pm »

Test the power of my transformed staff.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 20, 2010, 07:52:53 pm »

*high fives*

Earth magic, use it on the parts of the shattered pillar to pummel the hydra

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 20, 2010, 08:07:26 pm »

Augh! I didn't write it down! Or perhaps I did but it hasn't been put into the statuses yet? Like the exhausted counter ending?

[ ] "My name's Malak. You know that giant ship floating over the city? That's mine." While I ask the ship how many cannon balls and propellant we have left. If we're low or out; "It is currently low on ammunition, so I was wondering if you could add a bit to the supplies." Regardless; "I would(, more importantly,) like an enchanted object made to effect a ship, some kind of protection, for I plan on going somewhere rather inimical." And; "At a lower priority, do you have a meager five or seven potions?" This entire time, Erreti has been examining the stone for any more anomalies. If the elemental finds nothing, it returns to me, strait through the floor. If it finds something, it tries to use it or bring it back.

Dragnar, are my actions getting too long and complicated? It seems like I've just split up my reward and collected some information, but in posting it's a (relative) wall of text.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:09:43 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 20, 2010, 08:12:12 pm »

Summon all the leftover ice/water in the area, transform them into what amounts to three giant ballista bolts, and shove them at the monsters heads.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 20, 2010, 08:16:21 pm »

Mutter a prayer to the deity that has driven my priest powers.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 20, 2010, 08:25:16 pm »

Augh! I didn't write it down! Or perhaps I did but it hasn't been put into the statuses yet? Like the exhausted counter ending?

This entire time, Erreti has been examining the stone for any more anomalies. If the elemental finds nothing, it returns to me, strait through the floor. If it finds something, it tries to use it or bring it back.

Dragnar, are my actions getting too long and complicated? It seems like I've just split up my reward and collected some information, but in posting it's a (relative) wall of text.
No, you didn't write it down, though I suppose I can retcon that... and why do I keep forgetting to update your exhaustion?!

Stone? What stone? The one Flintus found the glowing light on?

No, your actions are fine. Long, sure, but I don't care.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 20, 2010, 08:31:12 pm »

Aha! All is well then. I think you forget about that particular change since I'm not in any kind of combat, and I have other things to do that aren't effected.
 Yep, the stone with the light on it. You didn't say it crashed to the ground, and a floating slab of rock sounds interesting.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 21, 2010, 09:43:16 am »

hmm i supose it makes sence... steal the things mana

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 85: HUZZAH!!!)
« Reply #1149 on: July 23, 2010, 07:16:12 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Test the power of my transformed staff.
[5] You mess around with your new staff, trying to cast a few spells with it. It doesn't seem to be too different from before, still simply increasing the power of your lightning spells. Then you trying striking the ground with it. A large circle of electricity appears around you and then numerous lightning bolts fly toward the point you stuck. You then try to remove the symbol from the staff, causing it to revert to it's original form until the coin-like symbol touches it again.

Quote from: Jervous
Earth magic, use it on the parts of the shattered pillar to pummel the hydra
[5+2][6] Dying or not, the hydra isn't going down just yet. As the shards of rock fly toward it it smashes them all out of the way with one of it's arms.
earth magic(15/16 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
hmm i supose it makes sence... steal the things mana
[2+2][3] You begin to drain the mana from this creature before you. It tries to resist, but is only barely able to retain enough to survive. Odd... as you absorb the mana you change from solid black, to a dark shade of gray.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Mutter a prayer to the deity that has driven my priest powers.
[1] A lightning bolt strikes the ground in front of you, leaving behind a small piece of paper. "Busy transforming people into animals, call back later"

Quote from: Nivm
"My name's Malak. You know that giant ship floating over the city? That's mine." While I ask the ship how many cannon balls and propellant we have left. If we're low or out; "It is currently low on ammunition, so I was wondering if you could add a bit to the supplies." Regardless; "I would(, more importantly,) like an enchanted object made to effect a ship, some kind of protection, for I plan on going somewhere rather inimical." And; "At a lower priority, do you have a meager five or seven potions?" This entire time, Erreti has been examining the stone for any more anomalies. If the elemental finds nothing, it returns to me, strait through the floor. If it finds something, it tries to use it or bring it back.
You introduce yourself to the general and check to see what sort of weaponry your ship has ready. [1] You find that your ship has no ammunition at all, and ask for both a god supply of them and anything they might have to strengthen the ship. [6] The soldiers, a bit intimidated to discover that giant THING in the sky is your ship, promise to gather as many cannonballs as they can(to be delivered the turn after next) while the general think for a moment before fetching a small box from a nearby building. "This should be of some use to you. It's a scroll containing a spell to distribute damage across a ship. It doesn't work well with small ships, but yours should be practically immune to most smaller weaponry."

Quote from: rolan7
Run to SHADOWdump, picking up the pauldron as I go.  Try to take any further attacks with the pauldron.
[5] You run over to SHAD0W and ready to defend him from further attack. with your hastily recovered pauldron. Luckily, no more attacks come, and the hydra soon falls, once and for all.

Quote from: dermonster
Summon all the leftover ice/water in the area, transform them into what amounts to three giant ballista bolts, and shove them at the monsters heads.
[4+3][5]You fling giant bolts of ice at the three heads, but they each snap closed on the bolts with lightning speed and throw them away.

Quote from: giant magma hydra
live?
[2-1] Exhausted by it's recent attempts to defend itself, the gigantic beast wavers and then falls, it's heads smashing into the rock below. The hydra is dead! Huzzah!

I feel like I'm forgetting something...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 23, 2010, 07:25:11 pm »

Use the ice in the area to raise myself a good distance above ground and observe the surrounding area.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 23, 2010, 08:55:04 pm »

"Fatum Iustum Stultorum, 10-eyes." says Luki, helping SHADOWdump to his feet.
Harvest the hydra's organs and/or skin for enchanting components.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 23, 2010, 09:39:02 pm »

"DIE" slice its head off with the sword

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 24, 2010, 04:50:13 am »

When I read the title I was partially expecting to find that we summoned the person with that avatar. As for forgetting things... You didn't record the fact that Leech's wolf is guarding (an) egg(s?) in Shadow's chariot. There's a "y" in "Jabberwocky". Erreti usually has a separate roll from me, so did it get lost down there? My hat has holes in it. Did you plan on having the demon pirate attack now? Are Diakron's summons frozen with him, or did he roll to high/low for that? Daemon still has the "manaless" status even though he ate some light magic, he also should have some extra souls he needs to take care of; the ones he didn't eat. Deamon also separated the arm and dagger. Was there going to be other inhabitants in the fire realm, and they just got the biggest thing second?
 It's probably something I'm forgetting too.

[ ] When taking the box, I hand the Commander my magic map of the city, and check on what Erreti found. On the off chance there's something, we loot it. Otherwise, I walk through the streets of commerce, selling my unique wares to the customers' specifications. And Erreti finds a potion storehouse and absorbs what it wants.

Stonemt, don't you remember that cutting doesn't really work on that thing? Or do you think the "hole-like" effect of the blade with erase it instead of cutting?

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 24, 2010, 09:06:01 am »

...actualy? i forgot. i hate things that just dont die.......
turn it into a mana generator for my castle hey if it works its awsome right? and if it dont.. well i am kinda running out of ways to kill this thing.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 111