Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88640 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 83: Teamwork!)
« Reply #1125 on: July 18, 2010, 01:45:48 pm »

I find another spell from the book, this time I want a spell that will pierce through the weakened portion of the hydra with a pillar of rock, probably sharpened.

Also... FIRE ON HYDRA AGAIN!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 18, 2010, 02:11:07 pm »

Use Earth Magic to make a stalagtite come out of the ground and impale the hydra

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 18, 2010, 03:02:36 pm »

I run up to it and slash it across the eye. Since it tripped, its head is now presumably on the ground.

could someone else to shove something in the other eye?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 18, 2010, 03:36:08 pm »

Head? Other eye? You seem to be forgetting. There are three heads, 6 eyes.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 18, 2010, 03:48:20 pm »

oh. new plan.

I try to slice through the left heads neck.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 18, 2010, 05:23:42 pm »

Dunno if this will help, but Luki tries to enchant Leech's "stalagtite".
You know, make it hot.  For when it pierces the hydra in its soft spot.

...Why are you looking at me like that?

Firefox says its spelled stalactite, by the way, that's why I put it in quotes.  Definitely the only reason.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:39:43 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 18, 2010, 08:00:59 pm »

Escape this place and try to slip out quietly.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 18, 2010, 09:31:27 pm »

(Yeah it's probably because I might be confusing stalagtite with stalacite. Isn't this a magma hydra though? How would heat hurt it?)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 18, 2010, 09:39:04 pm »

(Yeah it's probably because I might be confusing stalagtite with stalacite. Isn't this a magma hydra though? How would heat hurt it?)

Well, ShadowDUMP's lore check says its like a fire drake, the solidified magma was armor.
Still, you're probably right, it's probably not smart to stab a creature that wears magma, with molten rock.
Suck the thermal energy out of Jervous's stalagmite.
That cool?   8)

(I just remembered that it's a stalagmite if it's rising from the ground)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:42:13 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 18, 2010, 09:56:19 pm »

terminology

Stalagmite = A spike on the ground pointing up
Stalacite = Spike on the roof pointing down

spike is proably not the right word but im sure you guys know what i mean
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 19, 2010, 01:30:39 am »

I'm late again, and could have diverted more of the stalagmite conversation. Do I need to read my book again to discern the methods? I can't think of anything of that style I'd be interested in using, but if it's any alternate physics...

[ ] I move myself to a nearby room with chairs and table, then attempt to locate and contact the soldier telepathically to see how he is doing. If I was supposed to follow him, I apologize, if he has found the commander, I ask if the room I'm in is a fine place to meet him. If the soldier is terribly surprised, I apologize profusely as well. (If possible in time and place,) I write up a certain poem on one of my sheets of paper.

My rune is still labeled as inactive. Decrement exhaustion counter by one now, or remove it by next turn's end.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 19, 2010, 08:09:03 am »

I'm late again, and could have diverted more of the stalagmite conversation. Do I need to read my book again to discern the methods? I can't think of anything of that style I'd be interested in using, but if it's any alternate physics...
No, you don't need to read it again, just have it with you. As for what it can do, while I was thinking of video game impossibilities when I made the book, you can pretty much alter something so that any one law of physics doesn't apply normally to it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 19, 2010, 05:19:34 pm »

It's like enchanting with a twist, although I don't understand the twist very well, or the scope. The examples don't seem to be limited to one division of physics, but perhaps those are the mage's more precise application of theory.
 Experimentation will be my next course of action.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 20, 2010, 12:37:12 pm »

I have been distracted by new games, but I should have the turn up later today.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 84: almost dead)
« Reply #1139 on: July 20, 2010, 07:02:23 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Escape this place and try to slip out quietly.
[6] You fly out the way you came, your ring of stealth preventing the soldiers outside from noticing you as you lfy past them and into the city proper.

Quote from: Jervous
Use Earth Magic to make a stalagtite come out of the ground and impale the hydra
[6+2] You pour earth magic into the ground and for a moment nothing seems to happen. You keep trying, and suddenly the earth begins to shake as the earth under you suddenly grows cold as ice. A giant spike of stone bursts forth beneath you, sending you flying as it heads straight for the hydra. [1] The hydra is impaled, the spike piercing clean through at the base of it's necks.
earth magic(12/16 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
play fetch with the light dog
[6+2] You throw a few bones around as the creature before you growls menacingly. This tactic not working, you suddenly alter the bones, turning them into sharp spikes and flinging a dozen or more at it. [3] The creature is pinned to the ground by the bones, apparently too weak to teleport anymore. You are not in much better shape though, your magic almost exhausted by the battle.
manaless(use of magic forces a roll for damage)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I find another spell from the book, this time I want a spell that will pierce through the weakened portion of the hydra with a pillar of rock, probably sharpened.

Also... FIRE ON HYDRA AGAIN!
[2] You search the book, but you are too inexperienced with earth magic to cast any of the spells that might produce the intended effect. [3] Your cannon strikes the monster's back, sending more armor plating flying in all directions.

Quote from: Nivm
I move myself to a nearby room with chairs and table, then attempt to locate and contact the soldier telepathically to see how he is doing. If I was supposed to follow him, I apologize, if he has found the commander, I ask if the room I'm in is a fine place to meet him. If the soldier is terribly surprised, I apologize profusely as well. (If possible in time and place,) I write up a certain poem on one of my sheets of paper.
[6] Your exhaustion has apparently causes some strange delusions, as when the soldier returns with his superior he finds you spouting gibberish about some creature called a "Jabberwock". After an awkward silence at the end of your poem the commanding officer of the base clears his throat and greets you. "Hello master mage, I am general Ranth, the commanding officer of this base. Thank you for aiding in the cleanup, though it seems that whoever did this has escaped... Anyway, we would be more than happy to reward you in any way we can. Weapons, gold, heck we could probably get a hold of some more magical stuff for you... just don't ask too many questions about how."

Quote from: rolan7
Suck the thermal energy out of Jervous's stalagmite.
[6] You drain the heat from the ground near Leech into your gun(+1 charge). Seeing no obvious change, you keep at it until frost begins to form all around him... and then the while area explodes outward, sending Leech flying backward.
enchantment(6/16 exp.)

Quote from: dermonster
I try to slice through the left heads neck.
[2] You wisely decide to back away when Leech begins his attack, seeing the massive amount of magic coming from him. Moments later a giant spear of stone stabs past the spot you were just standing.

Quote from: giant magma hydra
Keep fighting?
[4] The hydra, mortally wounded but still not dead, shatters the stone pillar and begins to spew magma everywhere. [5][1][6][6] Almost everyone remains safe, but SHAD0Wdump is struck directly. His shield absorbs much of the heat, but he is still badly burned and several of his scrolls are rendered useless.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 111