Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88603 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 82: That's gotta hurt...)
« Reply #1110 on: July 16, 2010, 06:41:09 pm »

Hydra, then plot.
Try to make the ice spear flow from the outside inwards  in a big spikey mess.

Its like a toothpick being halfway lodged into your skin, then magically the half sticking out dissapears and reforms rapidly from the point that's inside in a spiky ball thing
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 06:43:08 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 16, 2010, 08:03:56 pm »

this thing is ticking me off...
charge forward rip its guts out (if it doesent have any just rip its stomache area out) and subjugate him by eating it... if thats to much for one turn just cage the stupid firefly man in dark magic.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:06:10 pm by stonemt »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 16, 2010, 08:24:09 pm »

Safely land on the ground safely.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 16, 2010, 09:20:27 pm »

Alright then.  I had hoped it wouldn't come to this... but it's time for combat experimentation.

Fire the mysterious 3rd setting at the hydra!  Try to boost its power with my own energy, this is important.

Not enough energy!  I only have 1.5, not 3.

Try to pull off a dragonfire attack, providing the missing 1/2 turn's worth of energy myself.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:03:19 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 16, 2010, 09:26:40 pm »

That one takes a full 3 charges. your gun has 1.5, so unless you mean trying to recharge it yourself, that won't work.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 16, 2010, 11:24:46 pm »

I dig into my book of elements and cast a fiery spell from it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:23:56 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 17, 2010, 12:03:31 am »

Ah, I see.  Edited my action.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 17, 2010, 03:02:32 am »

Move towards the light...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 18, 2010, 12:57:26 am »

I'm am last.
 I have this odd feeling I should be sending my highly malignant ring down to Flint by use of the map I thought was working, and leaving it levitating over the island just in case.

[ ] I lift my body and place it on a nearby chair or bench in a comfortable position. Inform Flint that I am very wary of the light "reward", check my map, and read at least the introduction of "Transmutations Using Alternate Physics".

I would like to see the full plot; it has potential for 4 more planes, with 2 guaranteed. It looked like you were going the raw chaos route, which means you have the opportunity to increase difficulty exponentially until impossible.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 18, 2010, 01:27:13 am »

I have this odd feeling I should be sending my highly malignant ring down to Flint by use of the map I thought was working, and leaving it levitating over the island just in case.

I would like to see the full plot; it has potential for 4 more planes, with 2 guaranteed. It looked like you were going the raw chaos route, which means you have the opportunity to increase difficulty exponentially until impossible.
Lets see...
1. what do you mean "the map I thought was working?" You mapped out the city, but the labs and tunnels flint is in aren't part of it. They would be just off the edge of the map.
2. "4 more planes, with 2 guaranteed" I have no idea what you mean here...
3. Yeah, the original idea was to have some form of pure chaos infecting each plane, but due to lack of planning(I didn't actually decide what each plane was like until it was first visited) I sorta got distracted.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 18, 2010, 02:13:18 am »

Hey, numbers are helpful in my exhausted state. Thank you.
  • Referring to status; it's still labeled as an inert rune. I failed to be explicit like usual.
  • New planes we may visit. I guess you could always cut it short at the light plane, so the other one isn't "guaranteed", but it didn't feel like lieing to write so. The other two can be added in a few places, and allow for effective methods of dealing with what's probably the end-boss. If I post my detailed suspicions/predictions, they will be spoilers if you happen to use them.
  • It looks planned right now, since things still fit to our knowledge. All challenges I can think seem to source back to raw chaos, such as the mutated drake, the dwarves wood problem, and the "demon pirate", or the players, such as almost every [1] rolled. Inhabitants of the fire realm might just be off somewhere safe, with very little ability to counter chaos. The Dark plane's challenges can be explained a number of ways, especially in conjunction with the light plane (Mirrored Path and the like).
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 18, 2010, 02:32:22 am »

I still don't get that second one.
fire- in progress
water- cleared of chaos
earth- cleared of chaos... I think. That's where I started to lose track of what I was planning.
air- in progress
dark- cleared of almost everything
light- ???

That's one plane I see, plus the material plane, AKA "reality" afterward.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 18, 2010, 05:30:46 am »

Reality as it's own plane? +1. PM, perhaps.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 83: Teamwork!)
« Reply #1123 on: July 18, 2010, 01:22:37 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Move towards the light...
[4] You take a step toward the light and it suddenly jumps forward toward you. It touches your staff and instantly vanishes as the staff begins to change shape. At the point the light made contact a sunburst symbol appears, with a groove around it indicating it might be possible to remove the symbol from the staff. That rest of the staff soon finishes it's transformation, the tip changing into an orb of crackling electricity, contained through some magical force.

Quote from: Jervous
Safely land on the ground safely.
[1] You painfully land on the ground painfully. In fact you seem to have dislocated your shoulder.
dislocated shoulder(-1 to physical actions, attacks do less damage because you can't use both arms)

Quote from: stonemt
charge forward rip its guts out (if it doesent have any just rip its stomache area out) and subjugate him by eating it... if thats to much for one turn just cage the stupid firefly man in dark magic.
[6] Before the man can recover from your previous attack you charge toward him and deliver a vicious blow to his stomach. [3] While he seems to be weakening, the man still isn't incapacitated by the hole in his chest, and this time he is ready to fight back. [4] He shapeshifts into a large dog, unwounded but much smaller than he was before, and leaps for your neck [6] You barely evade the attack by teleporting out of the way.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I dig into my book of elements and cast a fiery spell from it.
[5][2] You find a simple fireball spell and hurl it at the hydra, concentrating it as much as possible. The bolt strikes the creature in the remnants of ice shard Loki fired at it. The creature does not seem to be harmed by the attack, but the stone plating, already weakened at that point, begins to glow red hot.
novice elementalism

Quote from: Nivm
I lift my body and place it on a nearby chair or bench in a comfortable position. Inform Flint that I am very wary of the light "reward", check my map, and read at least the introduction of "Transmutations Using Alternate Physics".
[4] You prop yourself up a bit better, and try to telepathically contact Flint, using erreit's vision as a reference point. [5] You sends him a message trying to warn him about the light, but it seems you're a little late. Sighing at Flint's rash decision you take out the book you found in that wizard's keep some time back. Scanning through it, the book seems to detail methods of altering things in such a way that normal physics do not apply to them. The book gives a few examples of things that might be created with this method: Immovable objects, abnormally deadly(but immobile) spikes, platforms immune to gravity, etc.

Quote from: rolan7
Try to pull off a dragonfire attack, providing the missing 1/2 turn's worth of energy myself.
[6][2] You fly forward toward the beast and fire your gun's second setting at it, providing the extra energy required yourself. It's probably a good thing you were flying at the time, because the stream of fire pouring from your gun turns out to provide almost as much thrust as your cape. As the smoke clears, you see that the combined fire attacks, as well as Loki's icicle have left a gaping hole in the hydra's stone armor, easily big enough for a person to fit through.

Quote from: dermonster
Try to make the ice spear flow from the outside inwards in a big spikey mess.
[6+3][6] You detonate the ice spear, turning it into a large ball of spikes flying in every direction. Unfortunately this does not seem to do much damage to the creature, as it's armor is much thicker than you thought. The initial blow had sent it reeling, but never pierced through entirely.

Quote from: giant magma hydra
phase 2!
The hydra, now positively enraged, pulls itself out of the tower completely and charges down toward the group. [1] It somehow manages to trip on the way down, stunning itself.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 83: Teamwork!)
« Reply #1124 on: July 18, 2010, 01:25:47 pm »

and light man is dog? then dark man be tickeled play fetch with the light dog
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 111