Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88602 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 81: It's not very effective!)
« Reply #1095 on: July 13, 2010, 01:38:45 pm »

... well I was completely wrong about size comparisons. I thought it was like about a bit over 1/3rd taller than me.

Try to use remaining Ice from the Ice Scythe Field to shoot a spear into the monsters upper body.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 13, 2010, 01:47:29 pm »

I attempt to recall info about this hydra, focusing on weaknesses.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:29:31 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 13, 2010, 05:56:54 pm »

Go berserk and bash it some more!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 13, 2010, 06:37:05 pm »

Find out what is at the end of the chains I guess.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 13, 2010, 08:04:02 pm »

eh plan be time.
castle reforms spears through light guy. arm find spoon and comits WW2 castration on light guy. sword scalps light guy. i use dark magic to create a rapidly expanding force field. in its head.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 14, 2010, 12:10:00 am »

I am nearly late.
 So the crystals were a weapon, and they decided to use that weapon on the winged things...and vanished. Nice that they cleared out those crystals of obliteration for you.
 I apologize for the message Jervous, although I didn't expect you to change your action to one just waiting there. I was so sure the creature was only at the top of the tower, and thus totally out of melee range.
 Shadow, could you also [remember] the dragon's weaknesses?

[ ] Smile and step back. Clap hands. Banish all trace of demolition.

Why does Erreti need to "report back"?
Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)
was supposed to solve that; when Erreti's aware of something, so am I. When I am aware of something, so is Erreti. So I have to be focusing on it still?
 The orbital cannon is still listed as having all its charges.
 My top hat should be equipped, and perforated.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 14, 2010, 12:17:49 am »

Oops, forgot I didn't actually post.

I could test out the 3rd fire mode, yep.  Might work real well.

Activate my pauldron and throw it at the Hydra!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 14, 2010, 12:28:47 am »

So the crystals were a weapon, and they decided to use that weapon on the winged things...and vanished. Nice that they cleared out those crystals of obliteration for you.
Not really... They're completely fine, and probably back at their headquarters by now. The crystals were basically teleportation devices with no safeguards that could be used by anyone, mage or not. IE: they can teleport things normally, or telefrag them.(no reason not to explain it, seeing as they are all gone, and the power source in the middle should prove more interesting anyway. The crystals will only last so long before breaking.)

Why does Erreti need to "report back"?
 The orbital cannon is still listed as having all its charges.
 My top hat should be equipped, and perforated.
1. I meant telepathically reporting back, it didn't have to physically return to you.
2-3: I'll fix it tomorrow,  I've gotta get to sleep now.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 14, 2010, 01:34:21 am »

Hmm, perhaps next time you GM' that situation, obliteration crystals would be a more entertaining idea.
 I know what the term means that way, but the fact that any report must be made or mentioned means the link doesn't work just like I hoped. I guess the kind of simultaneity I'm after requires "merge" instead of "link", although that sounds like a bad idea. I just recalled Sheogorath's little speech before giving a quest in Oblivion. He says he can (make you do things and) turn you into things, including "a bad idea". After writing that word the first time this post, I thought "I wonder who that idea was". These thoughts come really easily after reading a few TV tropes nightmare fuel pages. They don't give me nightmares, but I think I've already given them to two or three people.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 14, 2010, 11:28:49 am »

Shadow, could you also [remember] the dragon's weaknesses?
Right! Duh...
 Changing my action, I can save the scroll making for later.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 15, 2010, 02:31:09 pm »

internets are down and will take a long time to replace so i am withdrawing from all my games
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 15, 2010, 02:40:27 pm »

Again? Well, back to being a statue for you!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 15, 2010, 11:54:21 pm »

He could have at least posted an action for this turn... Hey, can you roll for the details of his departure?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 15, 2010, 11:56:38 pm »

Probably. here's hoping for a 1 or a 6!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 82: That's gotta hurt...)
« Reply #1109 on: July 16, 2010, 06:38:17 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Find out what is at the end of the chains I guess.
[3] You fly up the nearest chain to search for whatever the thugs were talking about. You reach the end to find a small island of stone ,held down by the chains as it tries to float away. In the middle of the island is a glowing light with no apparent origin. As you approach the light pulses and begins to move toward you.

Quote from: Jervous
Go berserk and bash it some more!
[3] You get slightly angry and hit the hydra again! [1] Not gonna happen. As you raise your flail above your head you lose your balance and fall partway down the tower.(just to clarify, the tower is sloped, more like a steep mountain than a vertical wall)

Quote from: stonemt
castle reforms spears through light guy. arm find spoon and comits WW2 castration on light guy. sword scalps light guy. i use dark magic to create a rapidly expanding force field. in its head.
[2][1][1] Your attacks fail miserably. He easily dodges the bone spears, and your other minions are stopped by semantics: the shadow arm cannot find a spoon, and your sword argues that he clearly does not have any hair or discernible skin. Annoyed, you decide to take matters into your own hands, trying to blow the being apart from the inside. [4+2-1][3] Your spell doesn't quite cause the insta-kill you were hoping for, but it did destroy the thing's head... wait what? It seems this guy is immune to the chunky salsa rule. [1] The blow does leave him reeling though, opening him up for another attack.
dark magic(10/64 exp.)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I attempt to recall info about this hydra, focusing on weaknesses.
[6] It seems the book of beasts did not have any information on this creature, or at least, not exactly. This seems to be a magically mutated version of a fire drake, grown to ridiculous size and with three heads. The creatures grow continually as long as they live, but none have ever been known to get this large. The extra heads probably allowed it to fight off others of it's kind better, and made it harder to sneak up on. As for weaknesses, the recommended method of dealing with these things is concentrated fire attacks followed by physical blows. Their skin is actually very weak, so they coat themselves in magma, which then cools into an armored shell, melt it and they become much easier to kill.

Quote from: Nivm
Smile and step back. Clap hands. Banish all trace of demolition.
[6+1] You respond to the man's request by instantly clearing away all the rubble in the area. Fires are extinguished, collapsed stone merges back into place, and the entire complex is repaired in moments. The soldier thanks you profusely before running off to find his commander, sure he will want to reward you. As the man leaves you fall back against the nearest wall. That took a lot more out of you than you expected.
exhausted(cannot use magic for 2 turns, -2 to physical actions next turn)
polymorpher(14/16 exp.)

Quote from: rolan7
Activate my pauldron and throw it at the Hydra!
[1] You throw your heat absorbing pauldron at the hydra! Now, if only you were actually capable of throwing something so unwieldy 50 feet up to the top of the tower. The pauldron clatters to the ground ~10 feet in front of you.

Quote from: dermonster
Try to use remaining Ice from the Ice Scythe Field to shoot a spear into the monsters upper body.
[3+3][1] You form a large spike of ice and propel it toward the creature. The impact pushes the monster back several feet and sends magma flying everywhere [4] though no one is harmed by it. Once the air is clear again you see that your spear penatrated it's armor and is now lodged in the creature's chest, though the wound is not very deep.

Quote from: diakron
Leave the game
[3](aww) You decide you've had enough of this place and run back to the portal. Once through you change back into an ice statue, safely hidden away in the plane of earth.

Quote from: giant magma hydra
Get rid of the spike in your chest!
[2] The Hydra can't seem to reach the spike sticking out of it's chest. Lacking opposable thumbs sucks.

This was once supposed to have an overarching plot, but it was poorly thought out and has been pretty much forgotten. Would you all prefer that things continue like this, or for me to get a real plot going again? (the real plot would involve going to "reality" after you're done in all the planes.)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111