Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88580 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 80: preparations)
« Reply #1080 on: July 07, 2010, 05:32:47 pm »

I doubt you could kill this thing alone actually. You have strong water magic, yeah, but you don't have anything else.

I am a five story tall being made of ice. The opponent is also in that size area (I think). I also now have a scythe to go along with it. Please let me know if this is wrong.

You're more in the area of 15 feet tall. Not 50. And it would beat you on your own simply because I made it as a boss for multiple players to fight. You wouldn't stand a chance because the same rolls from it hit harder and block better than yours.

(I could totally kill this thing alone)
how? Your flail can insta-kill things, yes, but not only could you not jump that high without help, but I gave it more than one head for a reason.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 80: preparations/the RNG loves you)
« Reply #1081 on: July 07, 2010, 07:39:53 pm »

(I was joking :P)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 07, 2010, 08:15:22 pm »

Well... I guess a story and a half is still twice as tall as the tallest man alive and then some. If I'm Correct in assuming a story is 10 feet.

How tall is the Hydra? Well... How BIG is the hydra?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 08, 2010, 07:14:45 am »

I have a feeling the rolls have less to do with gods and more to do with a flawed die. Are you using the random site?

[ ] Erreti goes underground to look for empty spaces. I use the nearby rock and stone (if need be) to petrify any burning materials, then follow into the rubble. If anyone becomes aggressive towards me, or an impediment, I will grab them and fuse all their joints.

As a note I missed before, an intangibility ability doesn't require levitation. Instead of thinking of it as making yourself intangible in relation to everything, you make selected other things intangible in relation to you, even though it's the same function. Thus allowing you to treat a brick wall as some very thin stairs or a ladder, putting your weight on inside surfaces. If Erreti can levitate, it will be easier to get back to the ship.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 08, 2010, 08:38:42 am »

if i am in the throne room start formulating a doom plan for that glowrod if i am not blast  it and run for the castle

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 08, 2010, 10:12:10 am »

I have a feeling the rolls have less to do with gods and more to do with a flawed die. Are you using the random site?
yeah, random.org. It's what I've been using the whole time. You just got REALLY lucky this turn.

As a note I missed before, an intangibility ability doesn't require levitation. Instead of thinking of it as making yourself intangible in relation to everything, you make selected other things intangible in relation to you, even though it's the same function. Thus allowing you to treat a brick wall as some very thin stairs or a ladder, putting your weight on inside surfaces. If Erreti can levitate, it will be easier to get back to the ship.
Yes, there are other ways for intangibility to work, but in this case it comes with levitation, so yes, getting back to the ship shouldn't be hard(though you could always just carry it. It can shrink to the size of a mouse).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 08, 2010, 01:38:05 pm »

How fun, let's hope for a backlash of [1]s or [6]s.

I had forgotten the mouse form could be useful, I keep thinking of Erreti as liquid and more unpredictable in my planning.

Edit: Could Shadow go back and grab Jervous's golem, then drop it on the fire dragon?
 Is Shadow's orbital cannon in the fire realm?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:51:50 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 09, 2010, 09:23:26 am »

I change my action

Wait until the hydra gets off the tower THEN bash it with the ol' flail ;)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 09, 2010, 10:54:37 am »

Same. Wait till its off the tower, THEN become the icy chill of death. And by that I mean try to take a leg off.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 11, 2010, 09:43:08 am »

Well, I'm ready to do the turn(a day early!)... but still need an action from Diakron.

Edit: Could Shadow go back and grab Jervous's golem, then drop it on the fire dragon?
 Is Shadow's orbital cannon in the fire realm?
1. Golem? Huh? When did Jervous make a golem?(not saying it didn't happen, but I can't remember)
2. Yes. Though I'm not sure it counts as "orbital" at the moment. The fire realm has very different laws of gravity.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 11, 2010, 03:26:52 pm »

A nucleic cannon.
 Jervous Leech made a golem while he was crafting with the dwarves; he had to whack it with his flail to get it working. I guess it might still be right there in the same room it was made, or it might be in dwarven use, or it might have acquired [LIKES_FIGHTING] and is wandering the surface. I thought it would be interesting to test the chariot's ability to travel anywhere and retrieve the golem (or even flint and I) for the fight.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 11, 2010, 03:41:48 pm »

Huh, I'd forgotten about that thing... Anyway, the chariot can go anywhere, but you have to know where the thing you are traveling to is. And on one in the Fire plane even knows you exist.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 11, 2010, 07:50:03 pm »

i am thinking that once this thing is dead (or i get beat to a pulp) i might go find people.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 12, 2010, 08:41:33 am »

Alright, if Diakron doesn't post an action by tomorrow I'll just AI him for now.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 81: It's not very effective!)
« Reply #1094 on: July 13, 2010, 01:31:25 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Investigate the crystals
[5] You and your minions walk over to the crystals, and before you can say anything the thugs have grabbed all of them and are pointing them toward the rapidly closing flying creatures. "These are what we're here for. You're on your own now. The reward you were promised is at the end of these chains. No we don't have any idea what it is." [6] You aren't sure what just happened, but you are now the only one in this chamber. One moment they were here, the next they were not.

Quote from: Jervous
Wait until the hydra gets off the tower THEN bash it with the ol' flail ;)
[5] The hydra has no reason to get off the tower. It can kill you just fine from up there thank you very much. As it shows no signs of moving, you try to charge up and attack anyway. [4+1][2] You reach the monster and smash it's foot with your flail.
flail user(9/16 exp.)

Quote from: stonemt
if i am in the throne room start formulating a doom plan for that glowrod if i am not blast  it and run for the castle
[1] You sit on your throne and plan. Your entire mind is devoted to this one task, and your schemes grow grand and overly complex. Then you decide to just blast him with magic a lot. While you sit planning, your foe appears in a flash of light, [1] blinding you(-1 to hit next turn) and burning away some of the dark energies that hold your castle together, causing some of the bones that make up your throne room to crumble into dust.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I use arcane magic to shield my allies... Then...

FIRE ON HYDRA!
[5+1] You erect a shield around your allies that will stop any projectile entering or exiting it. The shield is stationary, and at the moment guarding only you, as everyone else ran off to fight the monster at close range. You then command your sorta-orbital cannon to fire at the beast [1] It instead and carves a swath of destruction across the area. [5] It doesn't hit anybody though.
arcane magic(3/32 exp.)

Quote from: Nivm
Erreti goes underground to look for empty spaces. I use the nearby rock and stone (if need be) to petrify any burning materials, then follow into the rubble. If anyone becomes aggressive towards me, or an impediment, I will grab them and fuse all their joints.
[3+1] You manage to clear a path through while Erreti searches through the lower floors of the complex. One of the soldiers in the base sees you shifting the rubble and asks you to help with the cleanup. [4] Meanwhile Erreti discovers the chamber Flint is in and reports back to you.
polymorpher(11/16 exp.)

Quote from: rolan7
Reverse the polarity.  Then "fire" again.
You know, you have yet to use your gun's biggest fire attack... Just sayin...
[4][5] You fire your gun on it's beam setting. The monster eats it. Yes, it EATS your particle beam.

Quote from: dermonster
Same. Wait till its off the tower, THEN become the icy chill of death. And by that I mean try to take a leg off.
[5] You charge together with Leech to attack the creature. [4][3] Your attack doesn't really take a leg off, but it does leave a pretty good sized gash in it.
Novice scythe user

Quote from: diakron
freeze the monster
[2+2][5] Your ice spells are as nothing before this creature! Oh noes!

Quote from: giant magma hydra
kill the painful little bugs!
[3][1] It steps on Leech. [5] He is protected by his armor, and the monster ends up stabbing itself on the armor's spikes, but that's still gotta hurt...
Jervous: bruising(-1 to resisting damage)

For reference, this thing is this big:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And looks something like a multi-headed version of this:(the main body is still inside the tower, only the heads and it's upper body are above ground)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, I would advise remembering some basic video game logic: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/091207 (just assume torg was right)
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 111