Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strange mood problems  (Read 991 times)

Deandet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange mood problems
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 12:25:24 pm »

She took lots of things and when there were 10 items in the workshop she remained idle in it without doing anything (without working or screaming).
Then...
"A section of the cavern has collapsed !"
The dwarves that were working 2 z-level up made a floor fall.It made a big hole in the floor...and not only outside.The stone pierced the roof of the fort,missed the workshop of 1 tile and destroyed the leatherworker's shop that was under.The moody dwarf was propelled away,uncounscious, then she came back to her workshop.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 01:12:57 pm »

The "working" or "screaming" is only visible when using (q) to view the workshop itself - if you use (v) to view the dwarf, all you'll see is an active job of "Strange Mood" and a brief description of the mood below their name.

If the dwarf is standing in the workshop and (q) doesn't report anything other than the workshop having been claimed, it's possible the mood has been disrupted in some way, in which case your dwarf will soon go insane.

Remember, if she's still screaming for materials, she'll continue demanding items she already has, so you'll need to wait through the entire list to figure out what's missing.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Deandet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 02:08:23 pm »

There was the problem BEFORE she was knocked out.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 04:29:55 pm »

You sure she wanted plant fiber cloth? Could be silk cloth, and to my knowledge there's no way to differentiate the two in the demands the dwarf makes.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Deandet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 06:13:43 am »

Plant fiber cloth,silk cloth or leather, I have a few tons of each.
I gonna use Dwarf companion.

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 04:21:41 pm »

Stone, stone blocks, plant fiber cloth, bones, shell, cut gems, rough gems. She already has 4 stones and 2 bones.
PS : I have everything but the rough gems.

Then maybe you should find some rough gems.
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.
Pages: 1 [2]