Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73408 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 3's marshmallows are missing
« Reply #750 on: October 13, 2009, 11:02:57 am »

You have confused me now.
I'm under the impression you wan't me to give my opinion on Leafsnail's quote. Is this what you meant or am I thinking of the wrong thing?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 13, 2009, 11:07:05 am »

The Whiteboard
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic
ToonyMan: Diakron
eduren: Frelock, Humaan, Mr.Person, ToonyMan, forsaken1111, webadict

Day ends in 1 hour
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 13, 2009, 11:11:57 am »

You have confused me now.
I'm under the impression you wan't me to give my opinion on Leafsnail's quote. Is this what you meant or am I thinking of the wrong thing?

No, it's just that you say you don't believe NUKE's quote, but I'm under the impression you believe Leafsnail's quote.  Why is that?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #753 on: October 13, 2009, 11:35:05 am »

But Nuke did roleflip... So he wasn't abducted. And if it turns out that eduren was telling the truth, then we have a good target to start with tomorrow: the medium.

I'm not saying that eduren flipping town would confirm the medium as scum, just that it's a good place to start.

At this point though, lynching eduren seems like a good way to go. To cement the lynch: vote eduren.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 13, 2009, 12:52:25 pm »

Okay, but when I flip town, I expect Humaan to get scum from this.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 13, 2009, 01:08:19 pm »

The Whiteboard
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic
ToonyMan: Diakron
eduren: Frelock, Humaan, JanusTwoface, Mr.Person, ToonyMan, forsaken1111, webadict

Eduren looks around angrily as JanusTwoFace picks up the rifle. "I came here to help you, and this is the thanks I get? Well, fine. I just hope you manage to stop these cultists in time."

Janus has a worried expression on his face, but pulls the trigger anyway. Eduren collapses to the ground. After stuffing the body in a cooler, for lack of a better place, you check out his room. Looking around doesn't give you any evidence of him being a cultist, but you do find a candle, some small chains, and books about using Psychic powers. Seems he was a Psychic Warden as he had claimed, but not a cultist.

You head off to your rooms, disconcerted and worried about what the night might bring.

Ok, Night 3 is up. Send in your actions!
[/i]
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Night 3 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #756 on: October 14, 2009, 06:12:42 pm »

Diakron needs to bow out, so I need a replacement for him.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 4
« Reply #757 on: October 15, 2009, 01:15:58 pm »

You gather in the lodge again. As you look around, you notice that chaoticjosh, ToonyMan, JanusTwoFace, and webadict are all missing! Seems last night was busy.

Sighing, you get up and head off to check their rooms.

Chaoticjosh's room is still locked, but next to the door you find a bag with a camera and notebook in it as well as a scrap of cloth that smells of chloroform. Looks like he was a reporter of some sort, and probably the cultist's latest victim.

Heading off to ToonyMan's room you find the lock open and the bed rumpled but empty. No sign of him anywhere.

JanusTwoFace's room is also open and most of his things are gone. You do find a small book, however, with pictures of each person here. Strange symbols have been drawn next to each one, and webadict's picture is circled. Looking through the book some more, you figure out that there is a symbol that shows up the same number of times as the number of cultists that were reported. Linking this information with some stuff someone read on the internet, you gather that he was an Alien sent here to Hunt Cultists for some reason. You hope he was correct!

Finally, you check out Webadict's room. The lock has been tampered with, and he is no where to be found inside. However, you do find a long black robe with blood stains on it as well as several manuals about unlocking psychic powers and a journal which talks about his search for the truth about why the Great Old Ones were trapped. Seems he was a Cultist and a Disciple of Truth. Looks like Janus picked the right person after all.

You head back to the lodge. Only nine of you left, and three are cultists! You'll need to move fast if you want to survive this.

Diakron has been replaced by Apostolic Nihilist. Thanks, Nihilist!

Day 4 has started and will go until ~10am pacific Monday
Come play Mafia with us!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 15, 2009, 03:41:58 pm »

i just want to thank AN for replacing me.
Back to Mafia with me!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 15, 2009, 03:48:20 pm »

Holy cow! Four people in one night!?

I'm guessing ToonyMan was abducted, since he didn't roleflip. RedWarrior0 can probably confirm that.

chaoticjosh was the cultists' victim.

webadict was abducted by JanusTwoFace, and I guess since JanusTwoFace captured a cultist he won and both of them roleflipped.

Do I have all of this correct?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 15, 2009, 03:58:27 pm »

Holy cow! Four people in one night!?

I'm guessing ToonyMan was abducted, since he didn't roleflip. RedWarrior0 can probably confirm that.

chaoticjosh was the cultists' victim.

webadict was abducted by JanusTwoFace, and I guess since JanusTwoFace captured a cultist he won and both of them roleflipped.

Do I have all of this correct?

I do believe that's what happened, yes.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 15, 2009, 04:18:52 pm »

Hm, interesting. First mafia game I've played with several sides, so this'll be a bit trickier to figure out. I'm reading through this thread and last game's thread simply to get the hang of things right now. I should be able to have a somewhat constructive post up in a few hours.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 15, 2009, 04:37:45 pm »

First off, the scientist is good, it's a good trade for the town no matter what and helps prevent that damn Watcher victory. The Cult Seeker is already gone, no need to worry about him. The Watcher is pretty easy to counteract, I don't think he's going to win. Since I think all the other aliens are unlikely, that leaves us with cult vs. town.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 15, 2009, 04:50:11 pm »

Yep, doesn't look like the Watcher is going to win at this rate. We have five days (or is it four days? Does he win when the game reaches Day 8 or at the end of Day 8?) to lynch three scum, and the game will probably end before that point with a town or cult victory.

JanusTwoFace did us a huge favor by getting webadict for us, because I'm not sure there would have ever been enough evidence against him to push for a lynch.

Alright, some initial questions to start the day.

RedWarrior0: You captured ToonyMan, right? Do you know whether he was cult or town?

Mr. Person: Can you explain why webadict defended you?

And I have no idea why everyone jumped on Mr.Person. That's stupid.

webadict is smart. He is also scum. This quote looks to be about the extent that he could defend somebody, being the scum that he is, without bringing undue suspicion onto himself or his scum partner should he be found out.

It's been my contention since Day 2 that you're scum. webadict defending you certainly seems like confirmation to me. What do you have to say, Mr. Person?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 15, 2009, 05:00:17 pm »

He was probably trying to make everybody who was voting me at the time seem bad, so he could lynch them. That would be my best guess, but remember, Webadict is a sneaky guy who will do things you'd never think of. He might of been pretending to have used his DoT power on me and just hadn't of claimed it, I'm not sure.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 56