Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73646 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 2 needs coffee
« Reply #465 on: October 02, 2009, 02:30:21 pm »

Toony, why are you attacking Josh so specifically?  Sure, he hasn't said much today, but a lot of people haven't.  It seems almost like a staged fight to me...

Somebody is using bullshit logic! I'm not going to accept your stupid comments like this and your WIFOM (Have you ever actually seen a staged fight on the B12 mafia boards? EVER? Sure, we could start now, but somebody always brings up staged fight and it's always wrong.) In case you haven't noticed, ToonyMan always goes after one person and pushes them hard until they either crack or he's convinced they're scum. You can't vote someone for what they always do, ToonyMan's behavior is a null tell. Unvote and vote Leafsnail.
Sure, you can double vote me.  No problem.  MY main problem was that Toony wasn't bothering to attack anyone, but it would seem that his target is currently not here.  It's not like CJ to lurke without talking, which is strange.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 02, 2009, 02:48:13 pm »

I'm for the day extension. I haven't been able to pay much attention this day, so I'm going to go over the posts then do some analysis.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 02, 2009, 02:50:04 pm »

Wait, first you say ToonyMan is attacking chaoticjosh exclusively and now you're saying ToonyMan "isn't attacking anyone"? Panicking is a scum-tell for pretty much everyone.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 02, 2009, 02:56:23 pm »

Hey guys, sorry for my inactivity lately, I've been a bit busier than usual.

"Toony Tunnel" is the most appropriate name for a technique only performed by a single player I've ever heard.

Let's see here. Let me read some of the proceedings again.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 02, 2009, 03:05:36 pm »

Wait, first you say ToonyMan is attacking chaoticjosh exclusively and now you're saying ToonyMan "isn't attacking anyone"? Panicking is a scum-tell for pretty much everyone.
Wasn't at the time of posting, MP.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 02, 2009, 04:01:46 pm »

Wasn't at the time of posting, MP.

ToonyMan hasn't said anything! The only thing he's added is... nothing at all!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #471 on: October 02, 2009, 04:03:11 pm »

Well, he whined about me insulting him. And when I explained that it wasn't an insult, and that dumb luck is an expression, he stopped talking again.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 02, 2009, 05:28:24 pm »

Hey guys, sorry for my inactivity lately, I've been a bit busier than usual.

"Toony Tunnel" is the most appropriate name for a technique only performed by a single player I've ever heard.

Let's see here. Let me read some of the proceedings again.

Ah jeez, nice post scum dude.  I'll wait.

Well, he whined about me insulting him. And when I explained that it wasn't an insult, and that dumb luck is an expression, he stopped talking again.

>_>

You're funny Watcher.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 02, 2009, 05:33:08 pm »

Um, Toony, if Forsaken is the Watcher, he'll already have a fair idea of who's scum.  The ability wasn't removed as a town role for nothing...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 02, 2009, 05:34:48 pm »

Um, Toony, if Forsaken is the Watcher, he'll already have a fair idea of who's scum.  The ability wasn't removed as a town role for nothing...

Your point?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 02, 2009, 05:49:55 pm »

I've been thinking about this guys...

Does the game continue if the Watcher is still alive, or do we have to lynch him eventually, or does the Watcher simply lose when the Town or Scum win?

If he loses when the Town wins, then we simply have to ignore everything he says. He'll try to mislynch when he can until lylo. When it gets to lylo, he wins, assuming that there's no other parties, because he can make the Town lynch scum, but we still lose, since it'll get down to Day 8... or so. I haven't done the math quite yet.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 02, 2009, 05:57:56 pm »

Hmm...

Well, the Watcher needs to keep the game going for 6 more days and 6 more nights.  There are 16 players in the game - 4 scum, 1 Watcher and 11 town or other alien.  If we assume there's one lynch and one kill every day, the Watcher would need it to get down to 1 scum vs 3 town/ 2 town and the Watcher, at which point he would win.  If we mislynch to the point of mylo (so if we mislynched today, tomorrow and the day after) with 6 town and 4 scum, then the town will have lost, since we'd only have 3 days to lynch 4 scum.  However, the Watcher might try to prevent that, since if the town mislynch at that point the game is over and the Watcher loses.

Of course, this doesn't take into account kill roles, protections, roleblocks, aliens and no lynches, which would complicate things.  However, our best bet for dealing with the Watcher would be to keep playing as we normally would and make sure all the scum are killed in the next 6 days.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 02, 2009, 06:02:26 pm »

The Whiteboard
Diakron: forsaken1111, webadict
Leafsnail: Mr.Person
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester
chaoticjosh: NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, ToonyMan
forsaken1111: Diakron

Watcher loses if Town or Cult wins.

Also, Day 2 ends in One Hour. Two more day extension votes are necessary to push the deadline out (Which will go to ~10am Monday to skip the weekend)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 02, 2009, 06:06:57 pm »

Holy cow! One hour! Day extension! I've barely had time to do any good scumhunting!

I've got crap I want to say, but it will have to wait until tomorrow, when I should hopefully have more time to participate.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 02, 2009, 06:12:33 pm »

Well, to be honest, I don't think we've done enough today.  However, on balance, I think Diakron is scum.  It's a shame that he burnt his hand, and I wish him a swift recovery, but that wouldn't make him any less scum.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56