Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73662 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 2 needs coffee
« Reply #420 on: October 01, 2009, 03:29:42 pm »

He could equally be, say, a Cult Leader, or something else that doesn't produce a result like that from a telepath.  Actually, cult leader would make more sense, since if an Agent were trying to scan him he would be confused if his race came up Alien rather than Cult.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 01, 2009, 03:35:09 pm »

He could equally be, say, a Cult Leader, or something else that doesn't produce a result like that from a telepath.  Actually, cult leader would make more sense, since if an Agent were trying to scan him he would be confused if his race came up Alien rather than Cult.
... Leafsnail, Cult Leader shows up as a normal human and his goal is still Kill. Goth is the WORST thing for a Cult Leader to claim.

A Cult Mad Scientist or Warlock are the only Cultists who could possibly have a Survive condition, and even then I think the "Kill" overrides it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 01, 2009, 03:37:43 pm »

A cultist will never show up with a 'survive' result. They will either show up as 'kill' or 'find', and find only shows up if they use a power role with that goal.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 01, 2009, 03:39:50 pm »

Ah, ok, fair enough.  Forgot Cult Leader got "Kill".  I actually meant a Cultist with a Survive role, but Meph's post would seem to make that impossible.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #424 on: October 01, 2009, 04:13:57 pm »

Well I'd prefer we didn't waste investigative roles on me, but if there is an agent and/or telepath out there who can verify my race and objective tonight, that would put this to rest. Assuming I don't get lynched by Diakron scum-lead bandwagons of course.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #425 on: October 01, 2009, 04:21:10 pm »

I keep forgetting how quickly this thread moves when it's still new.  Especially when an Alien comes around and decides to basically restart the game.  Craziness.  Right now, I'm mainly waiting to see what Humaan has to say about the roles and to see if he has anything particularly out of the ordinary to report.

Until then, I'm going to FoS Diakron for his mildly odd attack on forsaken.  While forsaken is by no means clean in my eyes (there's nothing to say that he didn't lie to Muchenik), it still seems like an odd attack.  While spending overly much effort to defend yourself is a scum tell (I got hammered by that one a few games ago, not exactly sure which one though), I don't think that forsaken did that.  He either tried a new method for detecting scum (an interesting if not terribly successful one) or is scum and is trying to back up as quickly as possible now.  Either way, we should be focusing on everyone, not just one person.

It's only a FoS though, because while his behavior is somewhat scummy looking, he basically seems to have gotten the opposite reaction that he was expecting and a band wagon has formed on him instead.  Most interesting.  Don't just focus on one or two people!

We'll see how the rest of the day goes before solidifying that into a vote.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 01, 2009, 04:27:31 pm »

Well I'd prefer we didn't waste investigative roles on me, but if there is an agent and/or telepath out there who can verify my race and objective tonight, that would put this to rest. Assuming I don't get lynched by Diakron scum-lead bandwagons of course.
Isn't that just the biggest waste of town resources? It's also very selfish. All you'd really need is a Telepath, since you'd get a Survive result, which can't be Cultist. On the other hand, it's also a waste. You could, say, be a Cultist Mad Scientist with Security Cameras. You'd find out any roles that interact with you, except for Psychic roles.

Don't tell people how to play the game...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #427 on: October 01, 2009, 04:32:52 pm »

Did you even read it before responding? I said I would prefer NOT to waste the investigations. I wasn't telling anyone how to play, or what to do. I don't want people to investigate me because I'm a town goth and it would be a waste of time. I have no secrets though, and if you fellow townies want to verify my story I'm fine with that.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 01, 2009, 04:35:39 pm »

Everyone has roleclaimed.

I will try to establish a possible list as soon as possible.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 01, 2009, 04:38:40 pm »

A possible list of what?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #430 on: October 01, 2009, 04:39:09 pm »

Be careful about posting that in the main thread.  The scum already know what their roles are and this will give them the perfect opportunity to select the most powerful targets.  In fact, I would strongly suggest against it for the time being, although passing it along before you die isn't a bad idea.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 01, 2009, 04:48:07 pm »

Quote from: Jim
NUKE9.13
I implore you to consider my actions again. You claim to have read my posts, yet you still came out with recycled attacks at me that were not based off that wall of text but rather off -barely relevant remarks-, including an argument I had already withdrawn. Please reread the thread from the start of the incident and think, did I ever do anything really scummy? If you truly think I did, do tell what, and I will explain why I did it, because I can, because I am not scum. My rage has subsided over the night and I will endeavour to make my arguments clear, with a minimum of insultry.

If the remarks were barely relevant, why did you make them? I think accusations hold the strongest weight when they are made plainly and simply. If you dig too much for evidence against somebody, you look like scum trying too hard to get a lynch.

However, I did the same thing in Beginner's 1, when I was the Doctor. I tried quite hard to get webadict, then dakarian, then Free Beer lynched, and I scrounged for every shred of tangentially connected evidence I could find. That didn't really work out too well, and it made me look suspicious.

So, for now, I'm willing to consider the possibility that you just went at forsaken1111 a little too hard. Unvote.

Moving on:

FoS Pandarsenic and Mr. Person. Diakron acts scummy every game he gets in, even when he's town, and he's totally helpless when it comes to defending himself. Pandarsenic and Mr. Person earn my suspicion for attacking Diakron and voting for him at their earliest opportunity.

Additionally, Mr. Person voted for Pandarsenic yesterday, because Pandarsenic was purportedly "active lurking". Of course, a common scum strategy is to vote for your partner to distance yourself from him. If Mr. Person's accusation held any water, I think he would have held it a little longer than he did.

And then they both voted for Leafsnail today for reasons I don't entirely understand.

So I'm thinking they are at least one pair of the scum quartet. So I might as well vote for one of them. Mr. Person.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 01, 2009, 06:19:03 pm »

okay guys i'm typing with one hand so this will be copy and pasted in all mafia games i'm in:

I have first degree burns over 3/4 of my left hand after getting frying oil splashed on it. i cannot type well with one hand so i wont be doing much talking in my post. i will continue to play but wanted to get this out in the open.
Back to Mafia with me!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #433 on: October 01, 2009, 06:27:51 pm »

okay guys i'm typing with one hand so this will be copy and pasted in all mafia games i'm in:

I have first degree burns over 3/4 of my left hand after getting frying oil splashed on it. i cannot type well with one hand so i wont be doing much talking in my post. i will continue to play but wanted to get this out in the open.

Sorry to hear that man, I hope you got adequate medical care for that. Burns are no joke.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 01, 2009, 06:37:40 pm »

Sorry to hear that man, I hope you got adequate medical care for that. Burns are no joke.

Seconded. Proper reply to JGroovestar after class.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56