Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73722 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2009, 11:12:47 am »

My role makes it hard to survive... enough said.

I am EXTREMELY confused if you still haven't figured out...
Argh, you're claiming a bad role too?  What could it be, anyway?  I'm not sure if I care, actually.  Nothing I've seen from you since I last voted for you suggests your scum any less than before.  I'm fairly sure noone else will care, but I'll keep my vote on your for now.

Anyway, other than that, we have Forsaken and Muchenik in the firing line.  Needless to say, I find both of them pretty suspicious, especially muchenik for:
I trust that Nuke is townie and believe that Forsaken is probably townie but more then likely is alien.
Why would he suspect him of being an alien, unless he already knows who is scum?  That post also contained little analysis or any attempt to explain himself.  In fact, Muchenik, Humaan and Forsaken are all being rather defeatist, and total defeatism could be a scumtell.  So, to be honest, I'll have to FoS all three of them, although I'll keep my vote on Humaan.

Other than that, it's once again hard to read people.  I don't find Nuke suspicious, personally, as he's continuing to provide reasons for his actions and votes.  Eduren, on the other hand, seems to have jumped from one bandwagon to another when he realised that a Nuke lynch is now very unlikely.  I think this may just be an attempt to stay off the town's radar as much as possible.  Eduren, what do you think about all this?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2009, 01:45:14 pm »

But, you know what? I don't understand why we're giving up on forsaken1111. THERE WAS NO POINT. No point to that act. All it did was confuse everyone, and that's is why I think you're scum. It's just very convenient for you, isn't it? Don't screw with the town, because that doesn't help anyone. In what way did that help anyone?

Now hold on just a second! You said this several pages back:

Just because you look like the enemy, does not mean you ARE the enemy. You can still help find scum. Heck, even the process of you being accused can find scum. Like how NUKE is acting. I don't know why he's doing that, but he's being scummy about it.

So, before forsaken1111 reveals that he was acting, the process of him getting accused would help find scum, but now after he reveals he was acting, there was no point to the act? That's certainly inconsistent, to say the least. What gives, webadict?

NUKE9.13's suspicions of him are totally ridiculous. It feels like I'm watching CSI:B12Mafia here. "The timestamps indicate that he was available to answer my inquiries, but he didn't so he must be SCUM!!!" "He could just be saying that he was acting, because his marked change in behavior has no other explanation. He must be SCUM!!!" "He could have faked a PM, so he must be SCUM!!!"

Come on, screw your heads back on. Nuke told forsaken to roleclaim or die, people call him out on this, and then he throws up a bunch of walls of texts to obfuscate the situation and then everything's all better? That's ridiculous.

forsaken1111's plan proved to be valuable, whether or not you think he's scum. And, unless he's scum, it worked perfectly according to plan. It gave us lots of candidates for potential scum, and continuing to discuss it is still proving illuminating. Either he's being a helpful townie, ironically enough, or an inadvertently helpful scum. What do you think is more likely?

I think voting for forsaken1111 is a mistake. Don't do it.

I probably have other comments, but I wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good speech by talking about other issues, now would I?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2009, 02:19:52 pm »

In fact, Muchenik, Humaan and Forsaken are all being rather defeatist, and total defeatism could be a scumtell.

My defeatism? That was part of the earlier act, I have since then been defending myself at every opportunity and I certainly haven't given up.

And thank you Jim for the excellent analysis and questions, you said it much better than I could have. I too would love to know why web's position has reversed, my plan created a lot of interaction and gave us leads on potential scum, I don't see it as useless or pointless at all.

A vote for me is one vote closer to a scum win. With the possibility of a watcher in play we have to lynch every day, and if we want the town to win we need to make each of those lynches count.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2009, 02:25:44 pm »

Leafsnail seems to really be pushing a muchenik-forsaken scum alliance and believes that humaan is also scum. Though I have it on good authority that humaan is townie.

So today plays out with Forsaken townie lynched and tomorrow is my being lynched even though Forsaken flips town. Then maybe a review of the pages will show who pushed for 2 town votes.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2009, 02:28:33 pm »

Oh my gosh!  I suck!

Seriously, though, who is "good authority"?  There are no CTs in this game, noone has been investigated.  There are only two people who know for certain whether Forsaken is town or scum - Meph, and Forsaken.  Noone else can know for sure yet, but I find his defeatism, and your general unhelpfulness, very scummy.  I'm not saying you're necessarily a team, or that it's certain you're both scum, but I certainly find you suspicious.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2009, 02:28:59 pm »

Jim, I honestly hope you are scum as if you are a townie you are being really really stupid. Even if you are scum, you remain terribly idiotic.
I mean seriously.
Certain selected parts of NUKE9.13's suspicions of him are totally ridiculous when considered out of context. It feels like I'm watching CSI:B12Mafia here. One example of an already withdrawn argument; "The Online/Offline status indicate that he was available to answer my inquiries, but he didn't. I suspect he was evading them. It is therefore my carefully considered opinion that he is scum. When combined, of course, with the rest of my carefully formulated arguments." "He could just be saying that he was acting, in a desperate attempt to salvage the situation. My previous statement that he is probably scum remains. However, I am considering the situation." "He could have faked a PM, so the PM in question does not prove that he planned his acting. My opinion that he is scum remains."
Fixed.

Come on, screw your heads back on. Nuke told forsaken to roleclaim or die, people call him out on this, and then he throws up a bunch of walls of texts to obfuscate the situation and then everything's all better? That's ridiculous.
Hang on a minute. Did you just say that
When people questioned Nukes methods, Nuke explained his actions in full. People then considered his defence adequate and unvoted. It is my opinion that you should not consider peoples defences when choosing to vote for them, however. Indeed, it is most vexing that you do not wish to lynch nuke precisely because he defended himself!

forsaken1111's plan proved to be valuable,
no it didn't

whether or not you think he's scum
The scum are never useful unless they are stupid. And if he was scum then he didn't plan it, did he?

And, unless he's scum, it worked perfectly according to plan.
No, it didn't.

It gave us lots of candidates for potential scum, and continuing to discuss it is still proving illuminating.
...what, me? Because apart from the forsaken defence I see no people under scrutiny.

Either he's being a helpfulBloody annoying townie, ironically enough, or an inadvertently helpfulslightly less annoying scum. What do you think is more likely? (PS: SCUM!)
Fixed

I think voting for forsaken1111 is a mistake. Don't do it.
Hang on you haven't even defended the guy at all! You haven't even mentioned my arguments! You've just made a few attacks at me that have already been done and defended against

I probably have other comments, but I wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good speech by talking about other issues, now would I?
Haha? I guess? A sort of joke to defend the fact that, no, you wouldn't, you one-minded scum

Add Jim to my list of SCUM unless he can magically explain why he considered that post in anyway useful to anyone anywhere ever.

PREPOST EDIT: STOP THE FRIGGIN PRESS
Leafsnail seems to really be pushing a muchenik-forsaken scum alliance and believes that humaan is also scum. Though I have it on good authority that humaan is townie.
ARE YOU SAYING THERE IS A DOT, SIR? ARE YOU? WHY THE FUDGE WOULD WE BELIEVE THAT FOR AN INSTANT? YOU MORON OF A SCUM IDIOT UNLESS YOU ARE CLAIMING A TOWNY AS A SCUM PARTNER IN WHICH CASE BRAVO, SIR, BRAVO, BUT WE HAVE THESE THINGS CALLED INVESTIGATORS WHO DEAL WITH THAT SORT OF IDIOCY.

/rage.
Long Live United Forenia!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2009, 02:30:16 pm »

Noone else can know for sure yet, but I find his defeatism, and your general unhelpfulness, very scummy.

There it is again. What defeatism? What unhelpfulness? Since the act ended I have not displayed either trait, to my knowledge. Can you highlight some examples or are you just making this up?

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2009, 02:35:08 pm »

ARE YOU SAYING THERE IS A DOT, SIR? ARE YOU? WHY THE FUDGE WOULD WE BELIEVE THAT FOR AN INSTANT? YOU MORON OF A SCUM IDIOT UNLESS YOU ARE CLAIMING A TOWNY AS A SCUM PARTNER IN WHICH CASE BRAVO, SIR, BRAVO, BUT WE HAVE THESE THINGS CALLED INVESTIGATORS WHO DEAL WITH THAT SORT OF IDIOCY.

/rage.

Actually I am a town Disciple of Truth, there is no point in hiding since I have already done my power so there is no need to hide. Now if you believe in Forsaken and my scumminess then lynch me and if I pop townie then that shows that Humaan and Forsaken are townie also.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2009, 02:39:16 pm »

Ok, that's it.  I'm going to unvote and switch my vote to muchenik.  Why?  Because he's being friggin insane, and, what's more, scum.  Why the heck have you kept your power hidden until now?  If it's true, couldn't you have just used it at the start of the day, and given us a CT?  And, if you wanted to give us a CT, why did you choose Forsaken and not, say, webadict, who has experience in such matters?  And why would Humaan suddenly be a towny too, even though your claimed ability can only be used once?  Overall, I think you're scum trying to bluff us.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2009, 02:41:01 pm »

Leaf, I think from what he said that he investigated Humaan, not me.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 28, 2009, 02:42:49 pm »

/rage.

Actually I am a town Disciple of Truth, there is no point in hiding since I have already done my power so there is no need to hide. Now if you believe in Forsaken and my scumminess then lynch me and if I pop townie then that shows that Humaan and Forsaken are townie also.
DoT only gets one shot. You lie.
Leafsnail: Don't switch your vote- we could get equal votes on both if we try to switch our focus now (day ends in a few hours), and we know both are scum, so it doesn't matter who we lynch.
Long Live United Forenia!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2009, 02:47:13 pm »

Wait isn't leaf voting for Humaan?

So a DoT comes out and says he investigated Humaan, and nuke wants leaf to keep his vote there?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #282 on: September 28, 2009, 02:47:23 pm »

/rage.

DoT only gets one shot. You lie.
Leafsnail: Don't switch your vote- we could get equal votes on both if we try to switch our focus now (day ends in a few hours), and we know both are scum, so it doesn't matter who we lynch.

But equal votes on both ends in a No Lynch... Why would we want that?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2009, 02:48:01 pm »

Actually we have 4 hours and to help your choice in the manner. unvote

And vote Muchenik that way there will be no tie. I believe that Forsaken is town and I spent my DoT on humaan and know that he is town. The only way to prove my claim is the lynch me and see my role.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 28, 2009, 02:49:20 pm »

Slow down.

What were the results of your power. What was Humaan's race and role?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56