Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73677 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2009, 06:25:44 am »

I'll admit Nuke, I didn't read your amazing wall of text which dwarfs anything Alex, Dakarion, or anyone else has ever written in a mafia. I'm pretty sure that's the biggest post in the Mafia section to date. This is nothing against you, it's more a slam on my own attention span.

But yeah Nuke, you're being... a tad vicious with your statements.
It is pretty long. Took me about an hour to write. Please do take the time to at least scan it, though.
No personal offence was intended to forsaken as I assume he is scum, and my 'vicious' statements were directed at a hypothetical town forsaken. Nevertheless, you are correct. Apologies, forsaken, or anyone else, if you find my statements offensive.

I have to say Nuke, this is the most aggressive and talkative I've ever seen you. Why the change of heart?

Now, I don't mean to presume anything, but if I may ask, were you scum in any other paranormal? I simply can't remember.
Heh. I was scum in the first two... and that's it, I think.
Also, in Paranormal 3, I got all worked up at pandarsenic for something, a bit like this. I got lynched. Town bodyguard.
In another paranormal I got all worked up at some new player for scummy behaviour. He claimed, and I unvoted. Later the dopps killed him, and he was a towny. Turns out he was just new. I was town medium.

I am currently all worked up because of what I perceive to be very obvious and very badly done bandwagoning, scum helping scum, and stupid arguments. As well as generally stupid or scummy and stupid behaviour.

Prepost edit: STOP POSTING SO FAST
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2009, 06:30:25 am »

Well, chaoticjosh, it actually started with this quote:
That being said, I still think we should lynch today, just to lower the Watcher Aliens's chance of victory. I guess that forsaken is our best bet.

He was using the possible existance of a Watcher role to justify reckless lynching.  And later on with this response:

Finally got to posting...

Hm... yeah, I DO see your point with me "justifing my lynch with the existance of a watcher". However, I did a bit of math.

Lets assume that the scum team must be AT LEAST 5 members.

(I'll assign it to variable S)

If there is only one scum team, just for sake of arguement.

So, there are two possible role combinations with these assumption (aka. my assumption in this game)(BTW, T is town and W is watcher)

11T+1W+5S

or...

12T+5S

Now this raises an important question; what will the watcher get?

My bets are on: Personal Shield and Human Tech.

(Please note I am not taking account for the possiblity of any other power role)

Leaving us with 1 Person wh can limit the game by killing scum, and ALSO is immune to night-kills.

It then goes something like this:

Scum kills many times. Watcher takes this into account and shoots a scum. Scum kills someone, maybe town lynches a scum successfully... then he shoots town, etc.

The watcher IS a serious problem. Our best bet is to lynch EVERYDAY because

1. If we lynch a town, if then the town the next day is in LYLO, the watcher can then shoot the scum, to lengthen the game.
2. If we lynch watcher, we have no fear of NOT lynching, therefore we can possibly do that as a valid option.
3. If we lynch scum... well, its kind of obvious why we want to do this.

Of course, in the other case where there is no watcher... I'm wrong that means. I can't be perfect, ya know...

Well, its best to assume there IS a watcher. No matter what, we must assume worse case scenerio of there is a watcher, and therefore some who is, at least at the moment, anti-town.
It's full of errors and is still sending the same message - we should lynch people recklessly even if we aren't too sure of their guilt.  Some of the errors are highlighted in my post below his (for instance, why would the Watcher pick human tech to hide his non existant NKs).  That's why I'm still strongly suspicious of humaan.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2009, 06:36:17 am »

I would strongly support the following lynch sequence:

Muchenik, Humaan, Forsaken1111.

Of course, this is assuming nothing new would be learned in the next few days, which is nonsense, so I must content myself by starting with Muchenik, who continues to refuse to be helpful.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2009, 06:38:22 am »

The Unofficial Whiteboard
Humaan: Leafsnail
Kashyyk: Frelock
Muchenik: Pandarsenic
NUKE9.13: chaoticjosh, Mr.Person (twice), Jim Groovester, muchenik (4)
RedWarrior0: eduren
eduren: webadict
forsaken1111: Diakron, Humaan, NUKE9.13, RedWarrior0, ToonyMan (5)

Josh if you would be so kind as to unvote me for I fear the dopp enchanter/ the sudden forsaken vote. I think you may have forgotten where your vote lies.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 27, 2009, 06:40:22 am »

Edit by way of post:
To clarify: josh's vote on me was placed ages ago and since then a lot has happened. He may have forgotten he voted for me.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2009, 06:48:43 am »

I would strongly support the following lynch sequence:

Muchenik, Humaan, Forsaken1111.

Of course, this is assuming nothing new would be learned in the next few days, which is nonsense, so I must content myself by starting with Muchenik, who continues to refuse to be helpful.

How can I be helpful to you?
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 27, 2009, 06:53:24 am »

Answer these questions:

Why do you think in a confrontation one person or the other must be scum?
Who is the scummiest in your opinion?
What's your ideal scumteam?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2009, 06:53:52 am »

I'll admit Nuke, I didn't read your amazing wall of text which dwarfs anything Alex, Dakarion, or anyone else has ever written in a mafia. I'm pretty sure that's the biggest post in the Mafia section to date. This is nothing against you, it's more a slam on my own attention span.

But yeah Nuke, you're being... a tad vicious with your statements.
It is pretty long. Took me about an hour to write. Please do take the time to at least scan it, though.
No personal offence was intended to forsaken as I assume he is scum, and my 'vicious' statements were directed at a hypothetical town forsaken. Nevertheless, you are correct. Apologies, forsaken, or anyone else, if you find my statements offensive.

I have to say Nuke, this is the most aggressive and talkative I've ever seen you. Why the change of heart?

Now, I don't mean to presume anything, but if I may ask, were you scum in any other paranormal? I simply can't remember.
Heh. I was scum in the first two... and that's it, I think.
Also, in Paranormal 3, I got all worked up at pandarsenic for something, a bit like this. I got lynched. Town bodyguard.
In another paranormal I got all worked up at some new player for scummy behaviour. He claimed, and I unvoted. Later the dopps killed him, and he was a towny. Turns out he was just new. I was town medium.

I am currently all worked up because of what I perceive to be very obvious and very badly done bandwagoning, scum helping scum, and stupid arguments. As well as generally stupid or scummy and stupid behaviour.

Prepost edit: STOP POSTING SO FAST

Yes, I feel satisfied with your rationale, so I suppose I'll unvote.

If I may ask though, you said "scum helping scum", who would be the other scum in this statement?

Leafsnail, I can see why you dislike Humaan. If I may ask though, who else do you think is scummy?

Pandar, I'm very sorry to say I've been snoozing through this day so far, mind if I ask why those are your scum picks?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2009, 07:06:20 am »

Muchenik: He's refusing to defend himself, being generally unhelpful, trying to tunnelvision the town, implying that in a conflict of two people, one has to be scum (a trick I used, if a bit more subtly I'd hope, in Beginner II), activelurking, and bandwagoning Nuke.

Humaan: Disregard for townie life - fine with lynching a townie, as if the Watcher is a horrific threat to the town, greater even than the cult. Even if he's not scum, he's a fucking menace as a townie because he doesn't give a flying fuck whom he lynches. He's a scum tool at best. If he isn't a Cultist, he's either a Watcher trying to yank us around or an Exterminator - maybe just an Operative, perhaps. No matter what, I don't trust him.

Forsaken1111: I hate defeatists. I think that's reasonably common knowledge.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 27, 2009, 07:10:08 am »

Muchenik.  He doesn't seem to be doing much other than bandwagonning and dodging questions.  Nuke actually seems to be quite helpful to me, and, to be honest, I don't find Forsaken all that suspicious, although his sudden change of heart is rather strange.  Other than that... not much has been happening, almost everything seems to have been to do with those 4 players, although Pandar has been helping.  So where is everyone else?  Are you going to come down here and help or what?

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2009, 07:36:31 am »

1. Why do you think in a confrontation one person or the other must be scum?
2. Who is the scummiest in your opinion?
3. What's your ideal scumteam?

1. Well I was hoping to get them both to give reasons that they are both townies.
2. Humaan is acting a bit scummy but Nuke is being very aggressive.
3. Do you mean who would be my ideal player team if i was scum or what roles I would like to see on my scum dream team?
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2009, 07:38:42 am »

List of players.

Why is Nuke's aggression scummy to you? Townies have to be aggressive; they don't have the nightkill the scum does. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 27, 2009, 07:45:35 am »

1. Web
2. Toony
3. Red

I like their playstyle.

True, with no nightkill we really need to make our lynch matter.

Is activelurking because I am at work and having nothing better to do then wander around here?
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2009, 07:48:22 am »

Why is Nuke's aggression scummy to you?

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2009, 07:51:32 am »

Why is Nuke's aggression scummy to you?

Oops, sorry I was copy and pasting around and it was supposed to say

He just seems to hammering Forsaken pretty heavy over not defending himself. True, with no nightkill we need to make our lynch matter.

Sorry about that.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56